MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #41
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Nesto has been known to make them switch back to the winning team on more than one occasion.

Now Tyson on the other hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHTB4RyNXKY
I'll you until you love me you faget

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
place to teach someone to ride in the tomball area? hollywood Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 12 02-12-2015 12:26 PM
good spot to teach gf to ride? jacob General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 12-21-2009 01:59 PM
see, i can teach anybody to ride in a straight line RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-28-2008 06:11 PM
TEACH ME! Flooke69 Stunters Lounge 11 02-01-2008 05:23 PM
outlaw, might wanna teach your friends how to ride before 1 gets killed. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 11-22-2005 06:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #42
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Right...I thought MSF was the basics
It's not the basics. They are not like a parent that will hold your seat to help you keep your balance till you know how to do it on your own.

They go through the book you receive at the DMV and highlight on the critical areas while giving you pointers on things not mentioned in the booklet. You watch videos that run through the same things and then you get some actual ride time in under the supervision of a certified instructor. They will not slow down much for you if you are struggling to ride the bikes they provide. they will simply make you take the class again if they believe you are not ready for the roads.

Like I said, 2 days is not much time to learn a whole lot in my opinion and it is a really important class with valuable information... but only to someone who already knows the basics, otherwise, they will focus more on trying to keep up rather than paying attention to all the pointers. I know you spend a great deal of time learning clutch techniques, pulling & leaning the bike from side-to-side, etc., but still IMO I think some out-of-class exposure on the dirt will help significantly to the OP if given the chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #43
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
It's not the basics. They are not like a parent that will hold your seat to help you keep your balance till you know how to do it on your own.

They go through the book you receive at the DMV and highlight on the critical areas while giving you pointers on things not mentioned in the booklet. You watch videos that run through the same things and then you get some actual ride time in under the supervision of a certified instructor. They will not slow down much for you if you are struggling to ride the bikes they provide. they will simply make you take the class again if they believe you are not ready for the roads.

Like I said, 2 days is not much time to learn a whole lot in my opinion and it is a really important class with valuable information... but only to someone who already knows the basics, otherwise, they will focus more on trying to keep up rather than paying attention to all the pointers. I know you spend a great deal of time learning clutch techniques, pulling & leaning the bike from side-to-side, etc., but still IMO I think some out-of-class exposure on the dirt will help significantly to the OP if given the chance.
Look man just let her borrow your training wheels that way she won't scratch up her new "Harley" , and op make sure to follow the number one rule when it comes to Harley's ..... It turned on , now let me rev it to redline a few times to make sure everybody knows I ride a Harley

Old 06-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #44
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Look man just let her borrow your training wheels that way she won't scratch up her new "Harley" , and op make sure to follow the number one rule when it comes to Harley's ..... It turned on , now let me rev it to redline a few times to make sure everybody knows I ride a Harley
I'll let her borrow the training wheels your mom gave me and maybe the knee pads she left at my house and OP, don't listen to Nesto... he just wants you to rev it around him because it makes his ring vibrate and it makes him thrash around violently!
Quote:
Old 06-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #45
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
I'll let her borrow the training wheels your mom gave me and maybe the knee pads she left at my house and OP, don't listen to Nesto... he just wants you to rev it around him because it makes his ring vibrate and it makes him thrash around violently!
She did say your was weak and needed the training wheels to help keep your balance while she hit you with the strap on from behind , and yes once my ring vibrates it drives me wild and I up .... I'm like a bull in a china shop

Old 06-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #46
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

And flipstyledsm22 , our member here urbanxj, has a craigslist add up for a and the chick gets to slam you with a strap on before you get free range on her , I wanted to inform you since I know how much you love pegging

Old 06-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #47
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

dude! Don't put all my secrets out there! I'll have get around you with my Harley and see that dance you do when I rev it...
Quote:
Old 06-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #48
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
dude! Don't put all my secrets out there! I'll have get around you with my Harley and see that dance you do when I rev it...
It's a date

Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #49
Kamario
Rider for Life

Bike(s):
2009 R6
1985 Honda Elite 250
1985 Honda Elite 80
1984 RX 50 (when I was 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Yes.. go spend more money on a dirt bike. MSF is not cost effective when trying to learn and own a motorcycle.
I took a class that allowed us to rent a bike. Can I say Awesome Cycles on here?

I just did anyways.
Kamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Msf classes don't rent. They just have bikes avail for those that take the class
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 PM   #51
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
I'll you until you love me you faget
Why do I get the feeling the OP won't be back...
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #52
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post
Why do I get the feeling the OP won't be back...

Old 06-16-2015, 02:29 AM   #53
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I disagree. MSF has got to be to quickest and most effective way to get started riding ESPECIALLY if you have no experience.

That doesn't mean get the certificate and then hop on I-10. That means continue practicing in parking lots, then neighborhoods, then backroads, ect.

OP- I would take the MSF class and if you are comfortable riding those bikes, go ahead and try riding the harley.

Once you get your license, get some cones or tennis and set the MSF course up in a parking lot. If you aren't comfortable doing the MSF course on the harley after you completed it on the smaller bike, you may want to think about selling and starting smaller before you go out on the roads.
Uh, that's more than 16 hours, isn't it? Until you can subconsciously operate a motorcycle like most operate a car, you're not ready for any road sharing.

If you have zero motorcycle experience, MSF is just the first step in a long journey
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #54
Ek

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV 650
KTM 125sx
Harley Street Bob
Husky 610 Tard
Vino 125

I don't know how anyone of us ever learned to ride before the MSF. It's a wonder that we survived at all.
Ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #55
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek View Post
I don't know how anyone of us ever learned to ride before the MSF. It's a wonder that we survived at all.
My MSF class was the first time I had ever touched a motorcycle, or attempted to operate a manual transmission of any kind. I had great instructors who actually cared, I did well in the course, and passed the test with the highest score in the class (zero deductions). Two weeks later, I bought a Ninja 250 and rode it home across Baton Rouge at rushhour without incident.

Of course, MSF is not enough to really start building muscle memory or anything like that, but I felt that it left me way more prepared than if I had tried to get a buddy to help me or something. You have to start somewhere.

Last edited by wh!plash; 06-16-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #56
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post
My MSF class was the first time I had ever touched a motorcycle, or attempted to operate a manual transmission of any kind. I had great instructors who actually cared, I did well in the course, and passed the test with the highest score in the class (zero deductions). Two weeks later, I bought a Ninja 250 and rode it home across across Baton Rouge at rushhour without incident.

Of course, MSF is not enough to really start building muscle memory or anything like that, but I felt that it left me way more prepared than if I had tried to get a buddy to help me or something. You have to start somewhere.
My experience was pretty much the same as yours. Yeah I could have learned how to easily without the class, but the class definitely saved me a lot of time, effort, frustration and who knows, maybe even a wreck.

Seems like a lot of people who hate on the class have either never taken it, or they already had a lot of experience before they took it and are butthurt because they had to sit through it.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #57
Crossfits
Crossfits

I took it a while back.. but I ride dirt.. one of the first things my instructor told me was "stop grabbing the throttle with three fingers and get your other two fingers off the brake".. man, that is a hard habit to knock... So I guess, if you're just going to ride street, having them teach you the basics first might be better, so you don't develop habits they are trying to break.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #58
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfits View Post
I took it a while back.. but I ride dirt.. one of the first things my instructor told me was "stop grabbing the throttle with three fingers and get your other two fingers off the brake".. man, that is a hard habit to knock... So I guess, if you're just going to ride street, having them teach you the basics first might be better, so you don't develop habits they are trying to break.
I kind of don't agree with the whole "always 4 fingers on the brake" thing they teach. I took their word at face value, which turned out to really be a bad habit in my opinion. When you eventually want to brake and downshift at the same time, you have to relearn.
Liked this post:
Old 06-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #59
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Yeah i dont agree with that one either. I can put more than enough stopping force at legal speeds with just two fingers...but ithink they teach that because some bikes have brakes. Ive ridden a few cruisers that took all four fingers if i was trying to stop fast.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #60
Crossfits
Crossfits

Quote:
Yeah i dont agree with that one either. I can put more than enough stopping force at legal speeds with just two fingers...but ithink they teach that because some bikes have brakes. Ive ridden a few cruisers that took all four fingers if i was trying to stop fast.
That's the only way I ride on the track (1 or 2 finger braking);I need my other fingers to hold on to the handle bar.. lol.. I also sometimes have to brake in corners and that is frowned upon in the class too.. there are slight differences..

Advertisement