MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 07:42 PM   #21
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT L.
Ok, so your more impressed with a guy on a 40 pound trials bike doing a 30ft endo than a guy on a 400+pound sportbike doing a 700ft endo?

Now the guy on the trials bike jumping around and stuff was pretty cool, but I was never cringing with fear when I saw him do a trick, didnt really excite me, but hey that's just me I guess. I would rather watch a guy on a 1000cc sportbike come in at 90mph and yank the front wheel up, then roll the length of 3 football fields.:icon_bigg
wheelie wheelie endo endo burnout wash rinse throw one leg up repeat and call it a new "stunt". nothing new there. the trials trick were way better.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 cbr 929rr no start ign switch broken what wire goes were so i can start it rparker1978 How To's and Q & A's 9 09-01-2014 11:50 PM
Where to start bshafer Vintage / Cafe Racers 3 05-11-2013 08:22 AM
maybe one of our sponsors can start this? PimpRice The Circus 5 02-20-2013 06:50 AM
Where do you start? anthny2040 Taking it to the Track 43 02-19-2009 01:08 AM
What to start out on? Number5 New Riders and MSF Course Info 114 10-31-2007 10:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #22
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

I liked the first video. Seems like its alot harder to do, probably why you dont see many people riding one wheel on the walls cuz it looks like you may need experience on a mx bike first.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #23
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

oh and trials bikes dont way 40 lbs. Not even 50's way that much
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger
oh and trials bikes dont way 40 lbs. Not even 50's way that much
he said that cause he didn't know what the he was talking about.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
paniro187

don't get me wrong people both take skill and both are more skill than i have. But let's be honest here the trials stunts take waaaaaaaaaaay more skill than big bike stunting. almost like being with a flexible woman and a woman's that not flexible. you can do more tricks with the woman that's flexible than the one that isn't.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #26
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

There was a trial bike for sale on another forum for 600 but it got sold before I got there.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
GABRIEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
don't get me wrong people both take skill and both are more skill than i have. But let's be honest here the trials stunts take waaaaaaaaaaay more skill than big bike stunting. almost like being with a flexible woman and a woman's that not flexible. you can do more tricks with the woman that's flexible than the one that isn't.
I think it's the other way around. Trials bikes arent ment for faster speeds and I would rather have a trials bike land on me than a big stunt piece with a 12 on it.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #28
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

It's like apples and oranges guys....

You can do things on a trials bike that you cant do on a big stunt piece. In the same token, there's stuff on a big bike that you cant do on a trials bike. Me...? I prefer stunting big bikes, but they're both awesome in they're own respects.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #29
MATT L.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6 (track)

Honda CRF 450X motard
Honda 50/88

Quote:
wheelie wheelie endo endo burnout wash rinse throw one leg up repeat and call it a new "stunt". nothing new there. the trials trick were way better.
Another case of sportbike stunt envy
Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #30
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:

:laughing6....stirring the pot are we Mr.Matt? :laughing6

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #31
paniro187

Quote:
call it what you want.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #32
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
It's like apples and oranges guys....

You can do things on a trials bike that you cant do on a big stunt piece. In the same token, there's stuff on a big bike that you cant do on a trials bike. Me...? I prefer stunting big bikes, but they're both awesome in they're own respects.....
like???

Old 06-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #33
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
like???

Do you really want me to list? :dontknow:

There's alot. Like Highchairs, sitdowns, sitdown circles, highchair circles just to name a few. I could go on and on. I'm not knocking it, but I think most can agree with me on the fact that you cant do things on a trials bike that you could do on a big bike.....:dontknow:

Old 06-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #34
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I've ridden Mtn Bike trials. A trials motorcycle isn't that far off. Wheelies, stoppies, bouncing in place are sickly easy on a gas gas. Mad skills that guy has, and I prefer trials videos to any big bike video simply for originality of the stunts. Like Paniro said, leg up, leg down, jump around, kris kross l' make ya.....big bikes all seem very rehearsed these days. Sure, mad skills, but not quite the originality I see in trials riding. As far as getting hurt, I cringe at what can happen in both. Sure a skateboard weighs 8 pounds, but those guys get f'd on a regular basis. That's why I love this forum...all kinds of new stuff thrown around.

Hate the song.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #35
GABRIEL

I think trials is something that is not viewed by everyone, so it may seem original to you but if you rode trials Im sure everyone is doing the same stuff.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 PM   #36
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Do you really want me to list? :dontknow:

There's alot. Like Highchairs, sitdowns, sitdown circles, highchair circles just to name a few. I could go on and on. I'm not knocking it, but I think most can agree with me on the fact that you cant do things on a trials bike that you could do on a big bike.....:dontknow:
ever ything you mentioned if i'm not mistaken is a variation of a wheelie. Like i said wheelie wheelie 1 leg up call it a new stunt. Do it while going in a circle call it another one yawn........

Old 06-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #37
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman
I've ridden Mtn Bike trials. A trials motorcycle isn't that far off. Wheelies, stoppies, bouncing in place are sickly easy on a gas gas. Mad skills that guy has, and I prefer trials videos to any big bike video simply for originality of the stunts. Like Paniro said, leg up, leg down, jump around, kris kross l' make ya.....big bikes all seem very rehearsed these days. Sure, mad skills, but not quite the originality I see in trials riding. As far as getting hurt, I cringe at what can happen in both. Sure a skateboard weighs 8 pounds, but those guys get f'd on a regular basis. That's why I love this forum...all kinds of new stuff thrown around.

Hate the song.
ok that's funny.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #38
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
I guess I would be inpressed if all I knew how to do was wreck a indo infrot of my own house :laughing6
Old 06-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #39
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
I guess I would be inpressed if all I knew how to do was wreck a indo infrot of my own house :laughing6
I would be impressed if you knew how to spell:laughing6

Old 06-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #40
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
by the way let's not get started on you and the board members who have ran through you.

Told you i'm not trying to start anything but me saying in my opinion it seems Like a trials bike would be more of a bike that a stunt or trick would be done on. Sucks someone would take offense to it.

Closed Thread

Advertisement