MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #61
3xv

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

OP-Just curious. Are the wheel spacers asymmetric? If they are, and if they are swapped between sides, it might be a source of the wobble/vibration(?).

Good luck and I hope your issue gets resolved in a timely manner. Ride safe.
3xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cycle gear QUICKGIXX Taking it to the Track 2 08-31-2011 08:57 PM
Which Cycle Gear... cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-19-2009 11:58 PM
Cycle gear CarbonJames Off Topic 10 10-01-2006 10:05 AM
CYCLE GEAR RYAN5102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-03-2006 10:10 PM
New Cycle Gear Slvr04 Off Topic 13 01-10-2006 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #62
wh!plash

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Actually, my understanding is that he bought the tire from CG and had Tejas mount it. That right there meant it could have been Tejas that messed up.

If OP was willing to bring in a loose wheel to CG for warranty claim, I don't understand why he didn't do that in the first place to have CG M&B the new tire right there. That way, if something is wrong, CG is the single party.

As is, it's a grand old mess and CG is eating it just to grease the loud wheel.
Yeah, I agree. But your point earlier was that not everyone is a DIY-type that wants the responsibility of doing the work themselves. I'm just saying, looks like he did that anyway. From the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmustblaze View Post
Again, I take the front wheel off and head to the store. David, jerk off, at the counter says he doesn't see anything wrong with the tire or rim sitting on the counter,
Quote:
I am standing in front of him with the tire and rim in my hand, it is not on the bike, I already did the hard part right?
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #63
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

In all this trashing of CG, I don't think I've seen the manufacturer of the tire mentioned?

The customer is not always right but sometimes the retailer has to step up to make it right anyway. In this day of forums and fb I would think keeping this type of pubilcity off the forums should be in any retailers best interest.

Change the tire once and CG deals with the manufacturer on the defect. If it works out, then you have a happy customer. If it still doesn't fix the issue then you can start to question the nature of the problem the second time around.

Personally I'm not a fan CG, I try not to go there if at all possible but I guess their business model is working for them.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #64
yamadog

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1

I don't want to burst anyone's roid bubbles but I was shopping in the store when they were trying to help you. If I was "David" and you were calling me names like you did to him I would have told you to put that tire where the sun don't shine. Then again that prolly why I don't work in retail cuz of tools like you. From what I heard "David" never said he couldn't swap the tire out, he said he couldn't do it at that exact second you were DEMANDING. "David" told you he could have it done by the end of the day. Next time you decide to rant on a forum about a company make sure you tell the WHOLE story and not the bits and pieces that make you look like a victim.
yamadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #65
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

Ive been going to CG sharpstown and always received top notch customer service. Havent been to the other locations yet.
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #66
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

Oh and its been a while since MH had drama.
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #67
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

David at cycle gear is an idiot jerk.

and so is his homie Mike.

And Scott, i aint gotta call yet about my gloves that are under warranty. Its been a month.

ill see yall soon. David you workin tomorrow?
Old 06-09-2015, 11:51 PM   #68
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadog View Post
I don't want to burst anyone's roid bubbles but I was shopping in the store when they were trying to help you. If I was "David" and you were calling me names like you did to him I would have told you to put that tire where the sun don't shine. Then again that prolly why I don't work in retail cuz of tools like you. From what I heard "David" never said he couldn't swap the tire out, he said he couldn't do it at that exact second you were DEMANDING. "David" told you he could have it done by the end of the day. Next time you decide to rant on a forum about a company make sure you tell the WHOLE story and not the bits and pieces that make you look like a victim.

Awesome ... The plot thickens. I guess I was under the impression this guy was a cordial customer trying to get a warranty taken care of. I guess I was wrong.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #69
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

if I were CG I'd mount that defective tire onto one their bikes and ride it around just to be sure. Wouldn't it be funny if Tejas somehow messed this up? Well I guess it wouldn't be funny. Fwiw I've always been treated well when I went to any CG
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #70
jpmustblaze

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki TLR
2000 Suzuki Katana
1990 Suzuki RM 250
Ventana El Chamuco

yamadog - If indeed you were there, then you would know I never called David or anyone else in the store any name and was very cordial at Sharpstown. Now David can confirm that or he doesn't have to, I know I didn't. I even let David take care of another customer while I was waiting. Again, he said come back Monday or Tuesday and I told him I could not come back and I could wait. I hope you are never an eyewitness to anything else sir.
jpmustblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #71
BuckNut
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #72
Twenty Six

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
1988 Huffy Vortex (Track Bike)
Radio Flyer Tricycle (SOLD)
Schwinn Beach Cruiser (Stunt Bike)
MV Agusta F4 (Garage Queen)

I'm still waiting to hear what brand of tire it was
Twenty Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #73
wh!plash

Trackdays: 3

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Six View Post
I'm still waiting to hear what brand of tire it was
I think tires are kind of like hard drives: people extrapolate their one bad experience like its a representation of that whole manufacturer. In reality, all the big names are all pretty similar when it comes to failure rates and QC.
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #74
WABFZ1
Old Age Crazy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1 (sold)
2009 Yamaha FZ1 (deformed)
1982 Kawasaki KZ750

I enjoy troubleshooting issues such as this, so I am going to guess that the problem is one of the following:
  • The tire is out of round.
  • There is delamination of the carcass, which causes a high or low spot somewhere on the surface of the tire.
  • The tire tread sways from side-to-side, due to manufacturing flaws, bent rim, or internal irregularity in construction.
  • There are hard or soft spots within the carcass of the tire. May rotate true, until it has weight on it.

Also, I have experienced a wobble in the steering of a motorcycle --- due to problems in the rear tire, such as mentioned above.

At any rate, please change the tire, and test ride it. I would imagine that the results will show a defective tire. No guarantee, but that's my guess.
1982 Kawasaki KZ750
WABFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #75
jpmustblaze

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki TLR
2000 Suzuki Katana
1990 Suzuki RM 250
Ventana El Chamuco

Cycle Gear stepped up and changed the tire. All is good! No more wobble. Thank you Cycle Gear, Scott and the rest of the gang.
jpmustblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2015, 01:43 PM   #76
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Cycle Gear stepped up and changed the tire. All is good! No more wobble. Thank you Cycle Gear, Scott and the rest of the gang.
Good to hear, glad they got it fixed. Now you can PM Scott if you have any other issues instead of creating a show thread.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-25-2015, 03:36 PM   #77
BuckNut
Banned

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #78
ZX-Dominance

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
I still want to know what kind of shinko-esque piece of rubber you trust your life to for $78.

Please tell us
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement