MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #41
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I've had a perfectly good "looking" tire that had belt seperation inside and acted the same way. Balanced and rolled fine, shook around 60-70, but then would clean up closer to 110.. ignored it and ended up loosing the front end mid-corner and high siding.
Tire still "looked' fine when it was dis-mounted...

Point of the story is unless you have on your x-ray vision glasses then "looking" at a tire ain't gonna tell you nothing.

Plus it's customer service, so the customer is ALWAYS right...
Not worth the cost of a tire that gets written off, versus having this much crappy publicity, is it?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cycle gear QUICKGIXX Taking it to the Track 2 08-31-2011 08:57 PM
Which Cycle Gear... cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-19-2009 11:58 PM
Cycle gear CarbonJames Off Topic 10 10-01-2006 10:05 AM
CYCLE GEAR RYAN5102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-03-2006 10:10 PM
New Cycle Gear Slvr04 Off Topic 13 01-10-2006 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #42
Krazy D

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 GSX-R600
Your mom

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmustblaze View Post
“Never, never, never, never order a tire from this company”. I ordered 2 tires, front and rear. Tires shipped in a couple days, everything was fine at that point. Get the tires mounted at a reputable dealership, take the bike for a ride and right as I reach 40-50mph wobble in my steering. Have dealership check rims and tire, no balance issue no problem with rim can be found. Now mind you no wobble before tire change. I go home check my rotors, steering head, brakes for sticking, and lastly my alignment. I even changed my fork oil just to make sure, all is good. Test ride, still wobbles. Take front tire off, take it to the nearest cycle gear which is 40 minutes away, to explain the situation. They rebalance and tell me to try it again and call customer service if it doesn't fix it. Well, problem still exists, so next day I call customer service. Katelyn from customer service, advises me to take the tire to another cycle gear a bit closer, 35 minutes away and said that store would replace the tire. Call before I leave to make sure they have the brand name tire in the store and they confirm they do. Again, I take the front wheel off and head to the store. David, jerk off, at the counter says he doesn't see anything wrong with the tire or rim sitting on the counter, so it must be ok, cause he can see everything about that tire inside and out with it just on the counter, right expert? So I explain this whole situation to him and he says he has to call his manager and that he and one other guy are the only ones working, so he can't get to it today. I am standing in front of him with the tire and rim in my hand, it is not on the bike, I already did the hard part right? He proceeds to call his worthless manager who says he can't do anything because he is not there, that I should come back Monday or Tuesday. I work Monday thru Friday like most people and I am here now and my drive is far, remember. So after I thank David, idiot, for wasting my time, I told him this was a safety concern at this point and tires can be defective from the manufacturer and he looked at me like that could never happen. He also said "We don't give away free tires." Really, is that what I am asking for when I have a defective brand new tire in my hand moron! I want a good tire, not a new tire. So I get back in my truck and call customer service while still in the parking lot, Katelyn calls the store while I am on hold and David tells her the same thing, come back Monday or Tuesday. Needless to say, cycle gear does not understand riders, and that we RIDE. This company will compromise our safety for $78.00. They don't care about your safety or the safety of others who might ride with you, so please, do yourself a favor and get your tires and safety gear from somewhere else because this company could give a !!!!!!”
Hey, I'm David the jerk off idiot... let's clarify a few things. I never claimed there was nothing wrong with the tire and would have gladly jumped on swapping it out had you been there first thing in the morning and dropped it off like the three other sets of tires we already sitting there from previous customers. Of which none had been mounted or balanced yet. I do my best to make sure all customers are happy. The customers that had came in earlier had already been told that if I couldn't get to them today that they would have to pick them up tomorrow. They completely understand how busy it is on Sunday since we are pretty much the only motorcycle shop open. You sir, had no interest in waiting or being civil about it. Nor did you care that there were other customers who had been in hours ahead of you but still hadn't got their tires mounted yet. I did call my manager and he said I could take care of you if I had time. I told him there were three sets of tires in front of yours and there was no way to get it done today. Keep in mind that this was 1:14pm on a Sunday and we close at 5pm. Like I stated before, had you been there first thing in the morning and we weren't slammed busy then your situation would have been handled promptly. I want all riders to be able to get out and ride their bikes. It sucks having issues that prevent us from doing so. I'm sorry that you feel the need to attack me and Cycle Gear. It's not the companies fault that we were too busy to get it taken care of immediately. And I assure you I am no idiot or jerk off. I work there part time on the weekends because I love that job and the people I meet. I enjoy seeing my customers happy and in new gear or with new parts for their bike. That's all for now. Have a blessed day.
Krazy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #43
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
It's retail, and I'be been there. It ain't rocket science.

And your best price guarantee is only on items you carry, so not all that beneficial because there isn't much that cycle gear carries aside from Bilt, Sedici or Trackside. And guess what? Your manager DID manually enter my faulty CC because he wanted to make a sale!
You're mistaken, sir. We will match anything that we can order. All the top brand products, we match. As for manually entering your card information... As I mentioned in my previous post, that's up to the person if they're willing to take that risk. Me personally, I won't unless I personally though the customer.

Quote:
Mike, I am not here to fight with you, I think you are a nice guy, you and the staff at Sharpstown did treat me with respect. Also, yes you did give me your number, but you also said to call customer service and I did that and followed her instructions.
Throw me a text later today and we will get this issue resolved. Posting anymore about it on a forum is just blowing bubbles now.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #44
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

I'm still waiting for them to release those new BILT tires. Lol
Buy a set and get a free jacket, helmet and gloves.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #45
jpmustblaze

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki TLR
2000 Suzuki Katana
1990 Suzuki RM 250
Ventana El Chamuco

Hey, I'm David the jerk off idiot... let's clarify a few things. I never claimed there was nothing wrong with the tire and would have gladly jumped on swapping it out had you been there first thing in the morning and dropped it off like the three other sets of tires we already sitting there from previous customers. Of which none had been mounted or balanced yet. I do my best to make sure all customers are happy. The customers that had came in earlier had already been told that if I couldn't get to them today that they would have to pick them up tomorrow. They completely understand how busy it is on Sunday since we are pretty much the only motorcycle shop open. You sir, had no interest in waiting or being civil about it. Nor did you care that there were other customers who had been in hours ahead of you but still hadn't got their tires mounted yet. I did call my manager and he said I could take care of you if I had time. I told him there were three sets of tires in front of yours and there was no way to get it done today. Keep in mind that this was 1:14pm on a Sunday and we close at 5pm. Like I stated before, had you been there first thing in the morning and we weren't slammed busy then your situation would have been handled promptly. I want all riders to be able to get out and ride their bikes. It sucks having issues that prevent us from doing so. I'm sorry that you feel the need to attack me and Cycle Gear. It's not the companies fault that we were too busy to get it taken care of immediately. And I assure you I am no idiot or jerk off. I work there part time on the weekends because I love that job and the people I meet. I enjoy seeing my customers happy and in new gear or with new parts for their bike. That's all for now. Have a blessed day.

Wow David! I really do not need to say anything, you just kind of dug your own hole, anyway I was completely civil up until you told me your manager had to be present. If not being civil is saying "this is a waste of time!" then I guess I was out of control. Thanks for trying to paint a picture of me being that irate out of control customer in your store. So no, you did not tell me that your manager told you "do it if you had time". You told me he had to be present and wouldn't be in Monday or Tuesday. You also said that to customer service because she repeated it back to me after talking with you. So I guess you bent the truth a little huh? CG's staffing problem is not my problem. Now I guess I should have been there first thing after calling customer service, her explaining to me where to go and what to do, feeding my kid, taking the lower fairing off my bike, putting it on jack stands, undoing the brake calipers, and finally taking off the wheel. Then I shouldn't have put my tools away or cleaned up my driveway or myself before making a 35 min trip without traffic, but there was, so it took me about 45-50 minutes instead. Let's see that left you 4 hours to mount a tire off the bike and I was willing to wait in the store. I do apologize for calling you names, but this could have been handled way better. Why would I drive to 2 different locations for the same issue, for fun?

Mike- I will text you when I have time to get this taken care of.
jpmustblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #46
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Quote:

Wow David! I really do not need to say anything, you just kind of dug your own hole, anyway I was completely civil up until you told me your manager had to be present. If not being civil is saying "this is a waste of time!" then I guess I was out of control. Thanks for trying to paint a picture of me being that irate out of control customer in your store. So no, you did not tell me that your manager told you "do it if you had time". You told me he had to be present and wouldn't be in Monday or Tuesday. You also said that to customer service because she repeated it back to me after talking with you. So I guess you bent the truth a little huh? CG's staffing problem is not my problem. Now I guess I should have been there first thing after calling customer service, her explaining to me where to go and what to do, feeding my kid, taking the lower fairing off my bike, putting it on jack stands, undoing the brake calipers, and finally taking off the wheel. Then I shouldn't have put my tools away or cleaned up my driveway or myself before making a 35 min trip without traffic, but there was, so it took me about 45-50 minutes instead. Let's see that left you 4 hours to mount a tire off the bike and I was willing to wait in the store. I do apologize for calling you names, but this could have been handled way better. Why would I drive to 2 different locations for the same issue, for fun?

Mike- I will text you when I have time to get this taken care of.
You kind of painted that picture yourself with this crazy rant bro lol... Lay off the roids bruh.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #47
wh!plash

Trackdays: 3

Member Garage

Quote:
CG's staffing problem is not my problem.
Ok, so you should never have to wait for any service, anywhere, regardless of how busy it is or how many people are ahead of you? Got it.

Quote:
........ feeding my kid, taking the lower fairing off my bike, putting it on jack stands, undoing the brake calipers, and finally taking off the wheel. Then I shouldn't have put my tools away or cleaned up my driveway or myself before making a 35 min trip without traffic, but there was, so it took me about 45-50 minutes instead.
Just to play devil's advocate, those don't seem like things that are CG's problem.
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #48
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninenine View Post
You're mistaken, sir. We will match anything that we can order. All the top brand products, we match. As for manually entering your card information... As I mentioned in my previous post, that's up to the person if they're willing to take that risk. Me personally, I won't unless I personally though the customer.

Throw me a text later today and we will get this issue resolved. Posting anymore about it on a forum is just blowing bubbles now.
+1. Cyclegear ordered me a nice Alpinestars jacket and HJC helmet, neither of which they carried. They cut me a very good deal on both items (signficantly cheaper than I would have been able to get them at other local retailers and even the cheaper online retailers). I'm not sure how they were able to price them so low, but they did. And they came in fast. On top of that, my dumb told them to order the wrong size jacket, so they had to re-order ANOTHER jacket that they don't carry in the store just for me and they didn't even bat an eyelash. The guy told me he'd sell the first one eventually and not to sweat it. Then I hear people bash CG customer services and even had another shop bash their prices and say that they could ream CG's prices and would even sell me the items I ordered at a loss just to steal their business. For grins, I told them how much I paid and they replied that they simply couldn't beat that price... LOL. Actually the first time I went to CG, I had just taken delivery of my bike and needed gear. The guy that took care of me kept the store open AN HOUR LATE with just me there to help me go through all the pieces of gear, find sizes, make selections, and order it all. I didn't realize they had closed much earlier because I had tunnel-visioned trying to find gear ASAP but yeah, I had stayed an hour past closing. The dude didn't say a single thing about it the whole time and when I thanked him he told me that he was happy to see a new rider getting geared up and it was the least he could do to help a brother stay safe on the road.

So yeah, CG earned my business forever.
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #49
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

It sounds to me at this point that this is more an issue with the individual CG customer service rep than it is with the local staff.
Bad communication and making promises without knowing the extent of the situation. Possibly lack of knowledge is also an issue.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #50
wh!plash

Member Garage

Here's a link also that might save the OP a lot of trouble in the future. Mine has paid for itself several times over:

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/Tire_Changers_s/37.htm
Old 06-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #51
Krazy D

Bike(s):
2011 GSX-R600
Your mom

Member Garage

Mike- I will text you when I have time to get this taken care of.[/QUOTE]

I agree the staffing issue is not your problem at all. It is my job to try and keep all the customers taken care of and as happy as possible. I didn't say you were irrational. You came in understandably agitated and nothing I said or did would have made you happy short of leaving the counter and all the other customers unhelped to immediately fix your situation. And believe me, I would have folded over backwards to take care of things for you even though it would have been against policy if we weren't so dang busy. But because we were I couldn't help you out. Therefor I am now a jerk off idiot moron who can do no right in your book.

I have never had a complaint about myself in over a year of working there. (Yes, I have been there longer than any other employees) I have customers who wait till I am working just to come and do their shopping with me. So, I'm sorry that you have such a poor opinion of me. Had you called and told us the situation I could have saved you a trip to the store and what turned out to be a waste of your time by explaining that we were super busy and had multiple tires already in front of you... I guess because when you called and verified we had the tire then you just assumed we would have the time to put it on.

I'm sorry the customer service rep isn't in our store to see what's going on and I'm sorry you got a possibly faulty tire. It's not the first time this has happened. Once in a great while we will have a bad tire. It's very very rare though. Hopefully this will all be resolved soon and you can get back to what all of us want to do... ride.
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #52
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Cycle Gear ought to implement a "no posting on forums" policy.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #53
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

OP- David is Krazy, I wouldn't with him.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #54
Krazy D

Bike(s):
2011 GSX-R600
Your mom

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Cycle Gear ought to implement a "no posting on forums" policy.
I agree completely but when you get multiple phone calls about someone bashing you on MH..... ya can't help but go look.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #55
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Not being there, here is how I would have handled it.

1. Call the store and make sure they have time. Also, explain to them the issue. (ALWAYS) call before showing up!!

2. If the store didn't have the time and you still wanted to make sure the issue are the tires, since you have pretty much taken your bike completely apart. Ask around for some takeoffs. I am sure someone would have worked with you on a deal.

Being in retail SUCKS because customer services is their number one goal. You have to see CG point also, they are the only shop open on Sunday, and there were other customers that might have had the same issue ahead of you already.

I hope you get the issue figured out, but I don't think its 100% CG retail store that is the issue here. If you want to blame some, start with their main office for sending you the tires.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #56
MSR1
Thats What She Said

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R1
2009 Yamaha R (sold)
2004 ZX10-R (Stolen)
05 StreetFighterd 600 (Sold)
2000 GSXR 600 (Sold)

jpmustblaze, I must start off by apologizing for the inconvenience that you had on Sunday in my store... My name is Scott. I am the manager of the Greenspoint CycleGear.

I am more than willing to replace your tire. David called me on Sunday to get a managers approval to do so. It is our policy, and that of almost every major retailers, that a manager must approve returns on items such a tires.

Unfortunately on Sundays the store does get busy. We typically have hundreds of customers that shop in the store on Saturday and Sunday. Every one of those customers needs help finding a jacket, helmet, glove, bike part... We do our best to answer every question, and help every customer that comes in the store... Unfortunately that means that when we are busy we are not always able to drop helping the other 5 to 10 customers that are in the store, to do a tire... I am sure that you understand that when a customer comes in to have a tire done it takes personnel out of the front of the store and occupies their time for 15 to 30 min depending on if it is one or two tires... David stayed late for almost an hour on his Sunday night and did 5 tires so that 3 different customers could pick them up Monday morning. (Thank you for that David)

The number for the store is 281-448-3700. Please call me. I herd about this from a friend... If you work Monday through Friday, let me know when you can get in here. I will stay late or come in early and swap the tire myself. I do that for people all the time that work hard like we do... I understand that you do not live close to the store. I myself live near Tomball so I know that it is not easy to get here.

I am the manager of the store... If you would like the situation resolved, just call. I can not fix something if I do not know that there is a problem...
MSR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #57
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Honestly I agree that is op is little too off about this issue. That being said I do understand his frustration with the tire mounting service ya'll provide. I myself just choose to not buy tires from you guys because of the inconvenience. I mean I can understand being but not bashing the employees and store.
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #58
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post
Here's a link also that might save the OP a lot of trouble in the future. Mine has paid for itself several times over:

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/Tire_Changers_s/37.htm
You are assuming everybody prefer to DIY and to accept the personal responsibility that comes with it. There are those who just prefer to have somebody else to blame.

FWIW, my experience agrees with yours 100%.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #59
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
You are assuming everybody prefer to DIY and to accept the personal responsibility that comes with it. There are those who just prefer to have somebody else to blame.

FWIW, my experience agrees with yours 100%.
From my understanding though, CG won't remove/reinstall the wheels from the bike. The OP brought in a rim/tire already off the bike. If that's true, then we've already crossed that bridge as far as DIY and responsibility go.

If CG does ride-in-ride-out type of tire changes, then yeah, you're right.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #60
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Actually, my understanding is that he bought the tire from CG and had Tejas mount it. That right there meant it could have been Tejas that messed up.

If OP was willing to bring in a loose wheel to CG for warranty claim, I don't understand why he didn't do that in the first place to have CG M&B the new tire right there. That way, if something is wrong, CG is the single party.

As is, it's a grand old mess and CG is eating it just to grease the loud wheel.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement