MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #41
R6Rescue
Crash (MotoGP Guru)

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 R6 (Street)
2011 R6 (Racebike)
2008 R6 (Deceased Best Friend's)

Thanks for reminding me! Everyone should check those muffler bearings too! LOL!

Bryan
R6Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dog on bike, screw that, bird on bike. darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-28-2013 12:50 AM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
OOOOH! screw getting a new bike.. GAU-8 Off Topic 16 04-29-2010 12:37 PM
Old Bike In The Shop...... pdrich Motorcycles Unlimited 5 08-06-2009 11:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #42
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Rescue
Thanks for reminding me! Everyone should check those muffler bearings too! LOL!

Bryan

- I havnt dome that for over 3 months!!! Do ya think I should still run the bike this weekend???

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
www.myspace.com/getitupyee
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #43
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
If you need it, I have a muffler bearing straightener.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #44
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Yeah, but do you have any extra blinker fluid mang!!!!!

Eye's be needin it nikka!!!

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #45
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Yeah, but do you have any extra blinker fluid mang!!!!!

Eye's be needin it nikka!!!

thats an easy one. You just buy the little bottle of blinker fluid concentrate at auto-zone. just remember, 2:1 water to blinker fluid ratio.
you NEVER wanna mix your blinker fluid wrong!

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #46
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Alright.....but then if my flux capacitor goes south of cheese, where can I get an alternate starter solenoid fluid re-fill cap? :dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #47
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

youd be throwing your money down the drain if you bought that part OEM. just convert from the flux capicitor to the Mr. Fusion. It runs on garbage.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #48
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Gotcha. I'll go ahead and order the conversion kit from rubber tires to garbage. Plus I dont think i'll have to worry about fuel cause it's all over houston!!!!! :laughing6

Old 06-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #49
MOONER_0905

Bike(s):
r6

Send a message via AIM to MOONER_0905 Send a message via Yahoo to MOONER_0905
SOUNDS LIKE TEJAS TO ME.....
Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #50
speepdaedeesi

Quote:
First of all, "assertained", is spelled ascertained, and you used it in the wrong context. You should have typed, "I avoided sounding technical, so there wouldn't be any communications problems." And if you go to a dealership needing service or parts, one of the first things you should tell them is that the bike is under warranty. You should also try and work something out before being belligerent, (that means angry and aggressive), before demanding to see people. I am not saying that the dealerships are ALWAYS good people, but the more you tell them, the harder it is for them to screw you. Maybe things didn't get done because you and the management didn't understand each other.

Second, you could only go 95, poor baby. Take it to the track or something man. That is too fast to be going on the streets, period. It's riding like that, that makes police and cagers hate us. You're going to get yourself or someone else hurt or killed. I suggest you take an MSF course or maybe a big dose of common sense. We all get a wild hair every now and then, but there is a fine line between having a good time and endangering people's lives.

Third, the solution for you bike is prolly something simple like throttle bodies, a malfunction in the ECU, an 02 (oxygen) valve, or some type of EXUP-type device/servo motor that regulates your air/fuel mixture. These things break sometimes, or are defective, there is no need to get pissy about it. Just tell the dealer your problem the best you can, and solve it the best you can. If that doesn't work try again.

Sorry if I beat a dead horse a little bit guys and gals, but I think this guy needed it. Ok, rant over now.

Bryan

+1 billion trillion assertillion
speepdaedeesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #51
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I like chicken

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #52
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I for one ascertain that this audience is a exceedingly dificult and terse towards those less fortunate in ascertaining a competent understanding of the intracacies of their own motorcycle's technical design and proper function.

Yep, they tried to screw him. Best he take that Platinum Club Warranty and shove it in their secondary butterfly assembly. Although, shouldn't that only affect midrange performance, such as would be required under 95mph?

Roasted or fried?
Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #53
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Fried, preferably drum sticks or thighs!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #54
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman
Yep, they tried to screw him. Best he take that Platinum Club Warranty and shove it in their secondary butterfly assembly. Although, shouldn't that only affect midrange performance, such as would be required under 95mph?
~can't wait to use that phrase somewhere. . .:laughing6
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #55
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

wow that sucks, pull the code, probably a c28...i think, i cant remember
thats the stva system; secondary throttle valve assembly, just like was stated above it controls your secondaries.
basically when those go out your bike goes into limp mode and you should be popping and FI light.
this happend to my 04 1000, its an easy fix with a motor swap, or just a whole throttle body swap.
btw, your 600 doesn't have any exhaust flapper valve bullshit, that never even existed on 600/750s in the 04-05 years, so i dunno who told you that , i have had 3 of those bikes and know every inch of them

and for those that are talking about not going over 95, your a rare number, because most of the poeple i see out riding from and not from this site are breaking the law somehow on the street...and speeding is the smallest problem

-jeremy
Old 06-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #56
R6Rescue
Crash (MotoGP Guru)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 (Street)
2011 R6 (Racebike)
2008 R6 (Deceased Best Friend's)

And you're the small group of riders that I am talking about. Those that find it necessary to ride 115 everywhere. I see too many of you guys on the pavement when my fire station rolls out to a call. Slow down and calm down a little bit guys, it could save your life! And as far as the "exhaust flapper", I was just using it as an example of things that could be wrong. I didn't claim to be a mechanic or a Suzuki owner, just presenting possibilities of things that could be wrong. And FYI, motor swaps are not "easy" operations.

And, you'd be surprised of how many people on this forum are conservative riders, who like to have fun and can do it inside the law. So watch what you say before you go cussing and flaming people up.

Bryan

Last edited by R6Rescue; 06-24-2007 at 11:04 PM.
R6Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #57
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

are yall always this cheerful, i just joined 5 days ago, and already you are riding me for improper grammar ,lol.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 PM   #58
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
And you're the small group of riders that I am talking about. Those that find it necessary to ride 115 everywhere. I see too many of you guys on the pavement when my fire station rolls out to a call. Slow down and calm down a little bit guys, it could save your life! And as far as the "exhaust flapper", I was just using it as an example of things that could be wrong. I didn't claim to be a mechanic or a Suzuki owner, just presenting possibilities of things that could be wrong. And FYI, motor swaps are not "easy" operations.

And, you'd be surprised of how many people on this forum are conservative riders, who like to have fun and can do it inside the law. So watch what you say before you go cussing and flaming people up.

Bryan
i didn't cuss of flame, i was just stating...yes your right there is a lot of people that follow the law on the streets, im not going to lie im def. no angel on the street, but i when there is lights in the way i move and let them do their job.

as for motor swaps, after you do one, they dont take much longer than a few hours turn key.

as for jay, goodluck with choosing better shops, we all live and learn, you have a k5 gsxr you should go to gixxer.com they have a lot of valuable archives up there for things on your bike that could help you a lot!

-jeremy

Advertisement