MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #61
hypertrophyy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

thats what i was saying in my post #57. if you have good suspension and you can hold the gas all the way through the trasiton off the banking into 1. if you brake you fk the whole thing up. you can get on the gas sooner in 2 and have the bike stood up early for a faster exit drive out of the turn. if its done right. it has a sling shot feel to it.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Australia bans AD and BC as reference points for dates Grinchy Off Topic 39 09-06-2011 08:21 PM
CCS-TWS (Texas World Speedway) laps and points posted Whoop Taking it to the Track 1 07-19-2008 11:55 AM
reference points? or pure feelings? houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 35 01-11-2008 10:30 AM
Good Article On Reference Points! Patrick Taking it to the Track 3 12-12-2007 02:52 PM
Good Article On Reference Points! Patrick Motorcycle Articles 3 12-12-2007 02:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM   #62
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
from the last race i saw at TWS (Texas World Speedway)....looks like everyone hugs the outside wall and dive's down at the last second, including Ty.

so yeah, i'm gonna have to agree with Tom and say the fastest line would be to dive down and fly smooth.
+1...

i cornerworked for cmra two years ago in t1 & t1a...

i remember watching him come around everytime like this:

his line off the banking is very high and deep...
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #63
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

is anybody reading my posts??? yall r repeating the same stuff over an over. the trick to the whole turn to be REAL fast is (carry as much speed as possible, dive in at the last second, and unless your on a motogp machine....hold the frickin throttle through the transition.) that keeps your speed way up and with the throttle on too, your suspension doesnt lurch near as bad which can upset the bike. then let off right after everything settles and start setting up ypur line for turn 2. i almost neeeever get past in turn 1 or 2. i think there are only 20 guys that can do it in CMRA if even that many. And they are top experts. Patrick will tell you the same thing. go ask him about the turn. i learned that turn from being towed by mike sanchez
Old 06-27-2007, 02:25 PM   #64
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Uh, yeah, I think that's what we're (the racers who are posting here) saying... this isn't the first thread on this particular turn, and you definitely aren't the first one saying it. Don't get so upset.

im very sure this thread is a rerun. but i feel like the whole key is to handle the transition properly. and nobody seems to stress that enough. sorry i just didnt think anybody was paying attention to me
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #65
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Uh, yeah, I think that's what we're (the racers who are posting here) saying... this isn't the first thread on this particular turn, and you definitely aren't the first one saying it. Don't get so upset.
:laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #66
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

:icon_smil Sorry about my typing. It comes from to many years out of school, AOL IM, texting, and maybe a beer or 2. hehe I will work on it.

ps 99% of my post are from my phone so its not like i have Mword around me all the time. :eh:

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 06-27-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #67
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Yeap the high line is fast. Moe advised that I try it and then upshift after the transition, hold it WOT(sv650 duh) through T2 and Holy you can pass some peeps doing that!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #68
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Yes my Attack Sprint Treo 700 with Unlimited Internet Minutes take great care of me.....never be able to do it without them. Haha i should be sponsored! :laughing6
Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #69
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I was in 5th and went to 6th. I did try it just holding 5th and did about the same. then grabing 2 or 3 down(depending if in 5th or 6th) in T3
Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #70
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

yall's gearing is way off compared to mine. I might as well not speak less make someone crash.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #71
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
yall's gearing is way off compared to mine. I might as well not speak less make someone crash.
They are talking about SVs... Although I hold it in 6th through T1 and T2 on the 600.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #72
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
They are talking about SVs... Although I hold it in 6th through T1 and T2 on the 600.

im with u. though i drop to 5 right after the transition so i have more power at the wheel for a better drive outta 2. then i drop to 4 for turn 3 and wrap that out till i hit turn 6. then i up 1 gear and never let off the throttle till i come over the hill.

ps depending on what line i take through 6..... i get the bike stood up fast as possible and fan the clutch to get everybit of power for a strong drive outta the turn.

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 06-28-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #73
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
im with u. though i drop to 5 right after the transition so i have more power at the wheel for a better drive outta 2. then i drop to 4 for turn 3 and wrap that out till i hit turn 6. then i up 1 gear and never let off the throttle till i come over the hill.

ps depending on what line i take through 6..... i get the bike stood up fast as possible and fan the clutch to get everybit of power for a strong drive outta the turn.
No wonder i am slow, i am one gear lower.
T1 - 6th
T2 - 4th
T3,T4, - 3th
T5 - 4th
T6 - 3th
T7 - 4th
Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 PM   #74
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

if you ever let off the throttle on the back side or turn seven... you never going to be fast. dont try it unless you have good life insurance.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #75
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

if i get really comfortable on my rear brake. im going to pratice sliding the rear at high speeds. so i can slide into turn 3. i want to get the bike stood up earlier comming out, and use all the power in 4 gear as i fan the clutch...and tap the rear break to keep the nose down as i go over wheelie hill. a good example would be john hanner's myspace vid on his page. except he waves to the camera while he does it. :notworthy

Advertisement