MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #21
wh!plash

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushingLuck831 View Post
yup, thread constantly changes due to location. You can probably search for "nw monday meet" and find previous threads.
Gotcha, I see them now. Thanks!
wh!plash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media Blasting in Tomball Area Hail How To's and Q & A's 5 01-13-2013 10:45 AM
Tomball/Magnolia area tyler_rawlinso Events, Meets and Rides 10 04-23-2012 04:30 PM
I need a gym in the Tomball area miraculous dan Off Topic 6 09-24-2008 10:08 PM
Anyone from Tomball Area going to LH? DvlRacer Events, Meets and Rides 20 06-09-2007 04:16 AM
bud down tomball area train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 09-11-2006 08:46 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #22
Crossfits
Crossfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh!plash View Post
Hehe, thanks!

Buliding replica movie props is one of my other hobbies. 501st Legion costuming, and all of that.
That's pretty cool, my college-aged kiddo and his friends do cosplay and create their own costumes..
Old 06-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #23
PushingLuck831

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)

Quote:
Gotcha, I see them now. Thanks!
LMK man, every monday!!
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #24
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
LMK man, every monday!!
I'm sure I'll be up for it. I haven't even gotten my first electricity bill since I moved to TX; I literally know 0 people at this point.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #25
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

Quote:
I'm sure I'll be up for it. I haven't even gotten my first electricity bill since I moved to TX; I literally know 0 people at this point.
been there done that man, i moved here 5 years ago knowing no one. lots of cool people, lots of dbags. thats everywhere though lol. MH is a good place, im sure youll fall into a good group of friends! i see you have a new 5.0 too, stock?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #26
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
been there done that man, i moved here 5 years ago knowing no one. lots of cool people, lots of dbags. thats everywhere though lol. MH is a good place, im sure youll fall into a good group of friends! i see you have a new 5.0 too, stock?
Yeah, I've moved quite a few times. I know it takes time, but it also takes a conscious effort to get out there where other people are. Just sitting at home and waiting won't do much.

The 5.0 has been pretty great so far. It's a 6-speed manual with the 3.73 gearing, pretty much as base as I could get it. It's stock other than the Corsa exhaust. The extra 100hp over my old 370Z is awesome. Bang for buck, really can't beat it.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #27
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

Quote:
Yeah, I've moved quite a few times. I know it takes time, but it also takes a conscious effort to get out there where other people are. Just sitting at home and waiting won't do much.

The 5.0 has been pretty great so far. It's a 6-speed manual with the 3.73 gearing, pretty much as base as I could get it. It's stock other than the Corsa exhaust. The extra 100hp over my old 370Z is awesome. Bang for buck, really can't beat it.
Yeah, sometimes its hard to get out though especially AFTER moving and youre exhausted.

and sweet, i really like the newer 5.0s, not really a mustang person myself but they make GOOD power stock. been interested in getting behind the wheel of one. 370z's are too heavy for their power. awesome cars too, but i still like the 350 better. my opinions only so valid, i drive a rwd cobalt LOL
Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #28
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

10pts for being v8
15pts for being a manual
Old 06-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #29
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes its hard to get out though especially AFTER moving and youre exhausted.
Yep. I'm kind of through that phase at this point. Closed on the house, all moved in, everything pretty settled. About a month into my new job. Was looking forward to getting a bike back in my garage after selling back in FL. Time to start branching out.

Quote:
and sweet, i really like the newer 5.0s, not really a mustang person myself but they make GOOD power stock. been interested in getting behind the wheel of one. 370z's are too heavy for their power. awesome cars too, but i still like the 350 better. my opinions only so valid, i drive a rwd cobalt LOL
The power of the 370Z reminded me of an I4 sportbike; needing to spin it up to really do anything. For real-life driving though, I much prefer the torque of the Mustang. I guess for the same reason I like big twin bikes, too. The Z was also tough for a daily driver. Worse visibility, so low it would scrape everywhere, etc.

I drove a 5.0 with the auto, but I was amazed they didn't have any paddleshift or anything. I probably would have gotten an auto if they did. I had the manual with the computer-controlled rev matching in the Z, and that was pretty cool though. Works like a regular stick accelerating, but if you select a gear lower than what you're in, the computer automatically sticks the tach exactly where it needs to be, so you just let the clutch out. Makes you sound like Ken Block coming off the interstate ramp...
Old 06-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #30
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

Quote:
Yep. I'm kind of through that phase at this point. Closed on the house, all moved in, everything pretty settled. About a month into my new job. Was looking forward to getting a bike back in my garage after selling back in FL. Time to start branching out.

The power of the 370Z reminded me of an I4 sportbike; needing to spin it up to really do anything. For real-life driving though, I much prefer the torque of the Mustang. I guess for the same reason I like big twin bikes, too. The Z was also tough for a daily driver. Worse visibility, so low it would scrape everywhere, etc.

I drove a 5.0 with the auto, but I was amazed they didn't have any paddleshift or anything. I probably would have gotten an auto if they did. I had the manual with the computer-controlled rev matching in the Z, and that was pretty cool though. Works like a regular stick accelerating, but if you select a gear lower than what you're in, the computer automatically sticks the tach exactly where it needs to be, so you just let the clutch out. Makes you sound like Ken Block coming off the interstate ramp...

yup lol most new cars have that nowadays (if its not like, a kia soul) because it does also protect the car. my car makes about 300whp and 320wtq, not too bad for a turbo 4 cylinder lol. the VQ engines def need to be revved though.

hopefully ford never goes to paddles, keeps people buying manuals
Old 06-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #31
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Welcome. I, too, ride motorcycles in the Houston area and I, too, have a race red '14 5.0. Mine is also mostly stock (catback, suspension, control arms, wheels, tune). Let me know if you find a Houston car/Mustang meet that isn't horrifically douchey... I've lived here for 24 years and I'm still looking. Hope your made-of-glass MT82 transmission is treating you better than mine.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #32
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Welcome. I, too, ride motorcycles in the Houston area and I, too, have a race red '14 5.0. Mine is also mostly stock (catback, suspension, control arms, wheels, tune). Let me know if you find a Houston car/Mustang meet that isn't horrifically douchey... I've lived here for 24 years and I'm still looking. Hope your made-of-glass MT82 transmission is treating you better than mine.
Yeah that's the thing I've seen about bike/car clubs, too. But even if the group is douchey, you can find a couple guys that are cool. My dad lives in The Woodlands and catches some cars-and-coffee event every once in a while (he has a garage queen orange SRT Challenger).

I've read some threads about those transmission woes. I've had mine just over a year and 10k miles, good so far. I bought a Cooper S in 2011 that was a hardcore lemon, so I'm hoping lightning won't strike me twice. What happened to yours?

Last edited by wh!plash; 06-03-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #33
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Yeah that's the thing I've seen about bike/car clubs, too. But even if the group is douchey, you can find a couple guys that are cool. My dad lives in The Woodlands and catches some cars-and-coffee event every once in a while (he has a garage queen orange SRT Challenger).

I've read some threads about those transmission woes. I've had mine just over a year and 10k miles, good so far. I bought a Cooper S in 2011 that was a hardcore lemon, so I'm hoping lightning won't strike me twice. What happened to yours?
It's just junk. Every shift is notchy. High RPM lockout, and even when it doesn't lock me out, the clutch sticks. It should hold up under stock power levels and a competent driver, though.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #34
wh!plash

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
It's just junk. Every shift is notchy. High RPM lockout, and even when it doesn't lock me out, the clutch sticks. It should hold up under stock power levels and a competent driver, though.
Ah. Well yeah, I'll admit its only slightly smoother than an old Jeep Wrangler we used to have (one area where the 370Z easily wins). But I thought you mean you might have had a grenade or something.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

No, it's still taking the beating. It's just not very good at it.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #36
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

LOL. american cars. The trans in the sky has gotten pretty sloppy over the last few years BUT it doesnt lock me out, pop out of gear, grind. its just lol. best manual gearboxes i have ever driven BY FAR are the porsche gt3's
Old 06-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #37
wh!plash

Member Garage

Hey thank you all for the warm Texas welcome. One day on the board and already got a PM invite to go out for a ride with some guys this evening. Not a bad way to put the first 100mi on this Monster.

Last edited by wh!plash; 06-03-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #38
Mando
My backpacks got jets

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 600
'06 DRZ400SM (Sold, miss it)
2007 SV650S (Sold)

Had a good time, cool meeting ya

Rider formerly known as The DRiZzle
Mando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #39
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

Welcome to Texas and MH OP

I'm not too far from te woodlands mall... If you need any info on the area.. feel free to PM
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #40
Slash24
Hotrodder

Bike(s):
07' ZX-10r

Welcome. You are out by me. One thing to remember if you go through downtown Tomball make sure you do the speed limit. They have nothing better to do than pull over people (fundraising).
Slash24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement