Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #21
Adamrides

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChpStcksRlz View Post
I'll try out the magnet thing + going in the lines.
Wow, unfortunately I'm going to VA for a bit during my vacation. Hopefully I don't go to jail for passing by
I just break pretty much all the red lights now if I have to turn, my bike isn't big enough for it to change probably have to buy a goldwing or something for it to change. I ain't sticking on my bike to help, that may change depending on how much trouble I get into when and if I get stopped.
Adamrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traffic lights NightShadow General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 01-01-2013 02:04 PM
Motorcycle detection at traffic lights Mic How To's and Q & A's 26 09-29-2009 08:37 PM
Traffic lights out = lane splitters Jimbo General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 09-22-2008 06:52 PM
traffic lights cameron1507 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-19-2007 02:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #22
PushingLuck831

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChpStcksRlz View Post
I'll try out the magnet thing + going in the lines.
Wow, unfortunately I'm going to VA for a bit during my vacation. Hopefully I don't go to jail for passing by
ANYTHING over 80 is considered wreckless driving, and they can slap a felony at you. all at the cops discression. State Troopers are THE worst in the world over there. Just dont speed, especially on i81 near woodstock if youre up that way. and dont be a , they feed off of it.

and they wonder why virtually NO motorcycles bother stopping anymore. In VA once youre gone, youre gone. they cant prove it was you and cant charge you... (loopholes. happened a few times to a few friends)

but it is a beautiful state. drive slow and enjoy the scenery.
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
Adamrides

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushingLuck831 View Post
ANYTHING over 80 is considered wreckless driving, and they can slap a felony at you. all at the cops discression. State Troopers are THE worst in the world over there. Just dont speed, especially on i81 near woodstock if youre up that way. and dont be a , they feed off of it.

and they wonder why virtually NO motorcycles bother stopping anymore. In VA once youre gone, youre gone. they cant prove it was you and cant charge you... (loopholes. happened a few times to a few friends)

but it is a beautiful state. drive slow and enjoy the scenery.
so basically do not ride there with anything less than a 1000? that way if you need to get away you can
Adamrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #24
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

MOTARD ftw. lots of fields and woods

im not gonna say run, but im not gonna say stop especially if youre already moving lmao. and make sure you have a full tank.

some years back a dude ran on a gsxr1k and made it to a different county. stopped for fuel for a few too many minutes and got popped. think he did like 3 years for felony evasion, wreckless driving, wreckless endangerment, no M endorsement or insurance, list goes on lol.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #25
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
There's an inductive loop embedded in the pavement. Basically it senses a change in its magnetic field when there's enough iron or steel over it.
I have a friend who works for the companies that install those loops and according to him, "the loop of wire cut into the asphalt makes a magnetic field. when the field is disrupted by a large Mass of metal, it triggers the timers on the light..... so most bikes lack the Mass of metal to trigger.... unless the sensitivity is set low. I've set them up for gate operators, with sensitivity so light a metal trash can lid will open the gate. The best place to be is in the middle of the loop, not the edge....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushingLuck831 View Post
surprisngly, this was added to virginias legislature a few years back. motorcycles dont have to wait at red lights, stop and safely manuver.
I know what you mean but this ain't VA. If the cop wants to be a , he can write you a ticket for not waiting "forever" for it to change. I usually wait a cycle and then run it (safely). There's even been a few times that I've had a cop behind me and told me over the speaker to "just go!". Naturally I wasn't running it with him right behind me unless he directed me to.

Most HCSO has been cool though and never bother me. But then I'm not on a sportbike.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #26
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2015 wr450f

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
I have a friend who works for the companies that install those loops and according to him, "the loop of wire cut into the asphalt makes a magnetic field. when the field is disrupted by a large Mass of metal, it triggers the timers on the light..... so most bikes lack the Mass of metal to trigger.... unless the sensitivity is set low. I've set them up for gate operators, with sensitivity so light a metal trash can lid will open the gate. The best place to be is in the middle of the loop, not the edge....."

I know what you mean but this ain't VA. If the cop wants to be a , he can write you a ticket for not waiting "forever" for it to change. I usually wait a cycle and then run it (safely). There's even been a few times that I've had a cop behind me and told me over the speaker to "just go!". Naturally I wasn't running it with him right behind me unless he directed me to.

Most HCSO has been cool though and never bother me. But then I'm not on a sportbike.

LOL but yeah, VA was the last state id expect to pass a law like this. HCSO seems to be pretty decent ive never had issues with them. actually, one offered to help clean blood off the street if i found the dude who robbed my house.

, even not that long ago, me and a buddy had to dip out on a cager that was trying to kill us. We passed a cop at 140+ and kept rolling. eventually we stopped off the freeway and called in the car and situation, and he was the first one to show up. he said ", yall were moving. now i know why" and i didnt harass us any further.
Liked this post:
Old 06-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #27
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

I run em , specially If it is one I know is already a problem
Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #28
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Had an officer pop me for running the light one night. It was a stop light near a popular water hole that the officers knew wouldn't turn for certain bikes. After he wrote me the ticket he told me I should have used my signal and continued through the green light up to the next intersection where I could have made a U-turn. Not only did he bust me for running the light, but I didn't have insurance at that time either... I guess he wasn't partial to crotch rockets.

Now my Harley on the other hand... it has so much steel and chrome that all the lights are triggered by that beast of a hog! LMAO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #29
A_G

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
fz8
chinese dirtbike
87 Yamaha venture Royale (Destroyed)

Up here in Oklahoma, a motorcyclist can treat a red light like it where a stop sign (4 way stop)

I don't do it unless im literally stuck at a light. During the day ill hit the cross walk button. It works most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMA website
Motorcycles may proceed cautiously through a steady red light after a complete stop; OK Statute 47-11-202(d)
A_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #30
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
The best place to be is in the middle of the loop, not the edge....."
Not so sure about that. We've got one that opens the exit gate at work. I have to ride over the corner of the loop to open the gate.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:37 PM   #31
LifeRocket7

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R 636

Most of the time I get stuck it's at night. During the day normally there's someone else to help me out lol. Late at night, with no one around, I'll roll through after it the light cycles.
LifeRocket7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement