MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

yeah man seems like every met i see on motohouston is by 290 or hwy6
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FRIDAY NIGHT BIKE NIGHT BIKE AT 435 W. RICHEY RD Busaturbo08 Events, Meets and Rides 0 08-09-2012 09:51 PM
N FRIDAY NIGHT BIKE NIGHT BIKE AT 435 W. RICHEY RD Busaturbo08 Events, Meets and Rides 0 08-06-2012 07:24 PM
fRIDAY night bIKE nIGHT iN nORTH hOUSTON- wHO DOWN Busaturbo08 Events, Meets and Rides 8 08-03-2012 07:42 PM
06/01 Wednesday Night Bike Night kpoera2003 Events, Meets and Rides 10 06-01-2011 08:54 PM
Clear Lake bike night weds. night?? ZXALAN Events, Meets and Rides 26 09-19-2007 03:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #22
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

La Hacienda on telge on thursdays with the sportbike group.
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #23
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Not tonite...drying out right now...heheh
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #24
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaR6
yeah man seems like every met i see on motohouston is by 290 or hwy6

Works for me :icon_bigg Besides that where it all happens

Naw but I think if someone/we try to get a big houston meet going it has to be somewhere in the center and easy to get to. Thats why PP1 was such a good spot before all this BS started going on.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #25
dfresh
FOOZIES OWNER

what about pearland?
dfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #26
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Hello,

I am from the m109riders board. We thought it would be a good idea to put together a consistant (twice a month/once a month) bike night. The idea is to find a strip mall with a fairly big parking lot and different restaurants to choose from. Get one of those (or several) restaurants to sponsor the event. They would rope off part of the lot for the bikes to park in, maybe provide some type of music on loud speakers, and maybe provide some type of discount on food (maybe cheap ice cream or something). This will bring in a lot of business for them, and provide some cheap fun for the public to come in and view the bikes. The parking lot would need to be fairly well lit. Maybe a newer strip mall.

We are looking for participation, and ideas. The area chosen should be very central so that it encourages participation. The topic on our board can be found here:

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/inde...topicseen.html

When I lived in Phoenix, there was a monthly event that I attended that was like this. McDonalds of all people actually sponsored the event. They had loudspeakers playing music, and cheap ice cream. The event brought hundreds of people every month. It got so big that we started seperating vehicles on type. It would be great to do this every month in Houston.

Texas
Your place? Its a great spot but not very central for the northern side of town.. Something inside or near the loop?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 PM   #27
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6
Works for me :icon_bigg Besides that where it all happens

Naw but I think if someone/we try to get a big houston meet going it has to be somewhere in the center and easy to get to. Thats why PP1 was such a good spot before all this BS started going on.
PP is a good spot as a meeting spot for rides- but to go there to hang and attract attention? No.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #28
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

I think the main topic of the thread is an organised and official motorcycle *Meet & Greet Bike Nite* sponsored by (insert your eatery here )..
Which is an idea that holds merit but needs rider participation to be a success. A central location would make it easily accesible to all.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #29
misery
loves company...

Bike(s):
04 GSX-R600
93 Katana 600
custom frankenstein bobber - project

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to misery Send a message via Yahoo to misery
I work in Market Street in the Woodlands, let me do some checking with them... maybe I can get them to sponser something or maybe I can the owners of the pizza place to sponser.. I can offer discounts now... maybe even a MotoHouston Extreme Pizza Night - discounted pizza & pitcher of beer...

Market Street has several resturants... lots of parking....
misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #30
Texas

Bike Night in Houston

Well it is good to see all of the input. I don't know where, or what PP is, so someone will have to fill me in there (being I am fairly new to Houston). The Woodlands is a nice place, and I know well lit, but I it is on the extreme north end of town, and I think it would discourage people from the south, east and west to show up. I don't know of any nice places inside the 610 loop, but it seems like it needs to be somewhere in there.

I know the Galleria was brought up, but the traffic is terrible through there, and I am sure that is one of the big reasons the local law enforcement wants to disperse large groups hanging out down there.

I think we will have more success by trying to make this a organized event, and not a hang out. If it is organized, we will probably get a more positive response from the cops. We will however have to set rules (no burnouts, fights, alcohol, etc...) in order to get their support.

The idea is to create something fun for everyone. We all know how much the kids love to see the bikes, so it would be nice to have a event that the parents feel like they can bring their kids as well.

I don't know Houston very well. Yesterday I went driving to find a place like what I am looking for. I have yet to find that place. Usually the newer strip mall areas are a lot like what I am thinking. Their is shopping there at night, as well as several eating places to choose from all within the same strip. I know that these kind of places are harder to find in the older, more central locations, but it seems like there must be something out there.

I plan on going to the Classic Car Show at Champions tonight to see what that is like. Hopefully a lot of bikes will show up and we can discuss it more there.

Texas

Texas
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #31
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
PP1 is the Starbucks off of Westimer and Post oak off of 610. Its in the Galleria area. Its not a place that we chill out and BS, its more just a meeting place cause its easy for everyone to get to and then roll out to where ever we are going from there.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #32
iraisp
Ninja N00b

Bike(s):
99 EX 250 Ninja

Send a message via AIM to iraisp
I think this is a great idea. The perfect place IMO would be Town Square in Sugar Land, but I know that's a bit too far southwest. So the other best option I think would be Hooters on Westheimer and Gessner. It's very biker friendly and pretty central. I hope this gets organized and going soon. I would love to see it come together
iraisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #33
vic_m109

Bike(s):
suzuki b. m109

what about hooters on 290 by the movie theater. they have a big parking area. and i'm for sure if someone got with them something could be worked out.
vic_m109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #34
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

I love Hooters

Hmmmm Hooters me likey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_m109
what about hooters on 290 by the movie theater. they have a big parking area. and i'm for sure if someone got with them something could be worked out.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #35
Hulk23

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000RR

what about 610 south and 45 where DOTS is, also a few other resturaunts and plenty of parking space?
Hulk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #36
carlos flores
WE DONT DIE...WE MULTIPLY

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

or GULFGATE HEB THEY HAVE A STARBUCK THERE ....A PAPAS BBQ AND ALOT MORE STUFF.....big parkin lot .......and best buy parkin lot is big too....45@610 goin to GALVESTON BY STUBBS CYCLES!
carlos flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #37
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

well like i suggested before on this topic i have really tried to have a bike night for some time now....but everybody on here says keep it secret, well thats the problem! yall think cops will raid it and arrest people....well its kinda hard to pull yall over if your chillin in a lighted parkin lot with alot of civilians walkin around lookin at the bikes. its the secret act stupid spots that get busted. my suggestion was find the biggest, brightest spot where everybody can meet,talk and chill. pedestrians can come and look at the bikes kinda like a bike show. tell the cops what your doin and tell em that hey is a meet and and bike show and if anybody acts stupid or any cagers act stupid in the parkin lot then the cops can go at them not the bikes and people chillin and havin a good time....you can even have your little stunt show there as long as we get permission and keep it the parkin lot, its the guys that get on the street and decide to do 0-100 in 60 feet! its just like grow up, its a bike, its fast so get over it! but yeah thats how i feel on this

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #38
Hulk23

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000RR

Yea there is alot of places there and its a good connecting point between 610 and 45
Hulk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #39
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

i know of spots right past bltwy 8 and 1960 that are clear and bright! on this thing you have to kind of think like a old classic car person.....you ride in groups and ride safely, you park you ride for people to look at, you talk to other owners and look at bikes, you chill,laugh,have fun and just enjoy the night, but most of all be mature about it......dont peel off/burn out, rev it up or wheelie off or do 130 mph down the highway leavin it.....just grow up and make the show more like old harley, chopper, cruiser like atmosphere

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:46 AM   #40
texasM109r
nasty m109r

Bike(s):
suzuki m109r

well i don't why i did not think of this before :BangHead: but my dad owns one of the biggest sports bars in town so i was thinking to send this your way and see if i can get a your input on this

here the skinny on the place

the parking lot is huuuuuuge!!! very well lit with lot of space for i say 200+ bike's to park and Lot's more added space for all you stunters to do your thing.
the front of the club has a nice size deck ( so you can keep a eye on your bike ) the club inside is loaded with games and about 75+ TVs .... the rear of the club has a send volleyball and one more even bigger deck with a stage for band's
there's food & drinks and everything needed for a good time
if we can get this thing going i can talk them in to bring band's and doing other thing's like contest and so on .

the place is on the south side 59s and west airport 30sec from the beltway
very ez to find

this would also make for a fun ride to get to :icon_bigg

let me know what you think and i will start working on it a.s.a.p

BTW we know all the cops here so it's cool as most of them ride with me :laughing6

L8R
kurt

Last edited by texasM109r; 06-24-2007 at 12:55 AM.
texasM109r is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement