Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-31-2015, 03:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP 2015 Mugello race results
Iannone and Rossi both take podium positions in their home country
JORGE Lorenzo took his 36th MotoGP victory at Mugello today reducing Valentino Rossi’s Championship lead to just 6-points.
Temperatures hit 50 degrees at the Autodromo del Mugello whilst Lorenzo disappeared off into the distance to leave Factory Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone to begin the fight for second.
Repsl Honda’s Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa joined the battle for second, as did Valentino Rossi just before the end of the race.
Marquez made a good start moving from 13th on the grid up into sixth at the very first corner whilst Rossi made a disastrous start on the opening lap dropping him down to tenth.
Rossi charged through the field to join in the podium fight with only eight laps to go.
Drama began as Dovizioso was forced to retire due tot a damaged rear sprocket and Marquez crashed out of the race with 6 laps remaining to leave Italian’s Iannone and Rossi to take second and third respectively.
Lorenzo scored his third victory in a row and has now closed the gap to Rossi at the top of the Championship standings to just 6-points.
Iannone claimed his second podium of the season as he rode through the pain after discovering he had a fractured humerus after a test crash in Mugello before the French Grand Prix.
Pedrosa claimed fourth as the only Honda inside the top ten, just over three seconds behind Rossi. Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley Smith finished as the top Satellite rider in fifth as Cal Crutchlow crashed out of the race with just three laps remaining. Crutchlow was taken to the Medical Centre for X-rays, but luckily there were no broken bones, just a dislocation of his ankle and will therefore need a medical inspection to be declared fit to race in Catalunya.
Smith’s team-mate Pol Espargaro finished in sixth whilst Maverick Vinales and wild card Michele Pirro finished in seventh and eighth respectively. Danilo Petrucci finished in ninth with his team-mate Yonny Hernandez completing the top ten.
Scott Redding continues to struggle on the Factory-spec Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS Honda after running wide meant he had to fight back from 19th to eventually finish 11th.
1. Jorge LorenzoESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 41:39.173
2. Andrea IannoneITA Ducati Team 41:44.736 (+5.563)
3. Valentino RossiITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 41:45.834 (+6.661)
4. Dani PedrosaESP Repsol Honda Team 41:49.151 (+9.978)
5. Bradley SmithGBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 41:54.457 (+15.284)
6. Pol EspargaroESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 41:54.838 (+15.665)
7. Maverick ViñalesESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 42:2.978 (+23.805)
8. Michele PirroITA Ducati Team 42:8.325 (+29.152)
9. Danilo PetrucciITA Octo Pramac Racing 42:11.181 (+32.008)
10. Yonny HernandezCOL Octo Pramac Racing 42:13.744 (+34.571)
11. Scott ReddingGBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS 42:17.726 (+38.553)
12. Loris BazFRA Athina Forward Racing 42:21.331 (+42.158)
13. Hector BarberaESP Avintia Racing 42:23.974 (+44.801)
14. Alvaro BautistaESP Factory Aprilia Gresini 42:29.608 (+50.435)
15. Eugene LavertyIRL Aspar MotoGP Team 42:32.233 (+53.060)
16. Mike Di MeglioFRA Avintia Racing 42:54.438 (+1:15.265)
17. Karel AbrahamCZE Cardion AB Motoracing 42:54.554 (+1:15.381)
18. Marco MelandriITA Factory Aprilia Gresini 43:21.013 (+1:41.840)
DNF. Cal CrutchlowGBR CWM LCR Honda
DNF. Marc MarquezESP Repsol Honda Team
DNF. Andrea DoviziosoITA Ducati Team
DNF. Stefan BradlGER Athina Forward Racing
DNF. Nicky HaydenUSA Aspar MotoGP Team
DNF. Aleix EspargaroESP Team Suzuki Ecstar
DNF. Jack MillerAUS CWM LCR Honda
DNF. Alex De AngelisRSM E-Motion IodaRacing
MotoGP 2014: Sepang race results
MotoGP 2014: Valencia race results
MotoGP 2015: Le Mans race results
Sepang MotoGP test times - day two
Rossi targets podium in Qatar