Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston man has mini Toyota Center in home

When you think of where the Houston Rockets call home, the Toyota Center comes to mind. But there is a local man, Nick Jimenez, who says one of the rooms in his home as a mini Toyota Center.

"(I’m) just a hardcore fan. Me and my family are just hardcore fans and this is what we built," said Jimenez.

And his baby Toyota Center room was not ever supposed to be built in the first place but just happened, he said. It was actually slated to be a bedroom.

"We decided about seven years ago we were going to extend the house and this was supposed to be the master bedroom but it's not," Jimenez said.

The room has everything from a logo to a wooden floor to a mini Jumbotron over the court and large flatscreen TVs. Jimenez has been collecting valuable Houston Rockets paraphernalia for years including signed basketballs, photos, Rockets slot machines and shoes.

And believe it or not, Jimenez does not have season tickets but tries to go to every home game possible. When he cannot go to the games or away games, he's in his room with comfy seats and a fully stocked bar, rooting for his favorite team.

"It's a small version for when we can't go to away games, we watch it here,” he said. “It's like being at the game. All of my friends and family are here and it's a pretty good time. It makes you think you're still at the game."

mini toyota center jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote