MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Someone broke into my car last night

Last edited by marimirez; 06-20-2007 at 10:59 AM.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chain broke off on me last night SaidNoJuanEver General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 08-02-2013 12:22 AM
trailer was broke into last night Jason73 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-24-2009 02:28 AM
Someone broke into my car last night DjKineticz Off Topic 22 05-12-2009 11:58 AM
so someone broke into my car update chasee69 Off Topic 41 07-04-2006 02:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

If youre still covered with your old insurance, then maybe just claim it with them. That way youre not starting off with State Farm immediately jacking up your rates.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Wow, this is the first case that I have seen where someone took the time to drill a lock and then turn it. Looks like they drilled the tumblers. It would have been easier to just pop the handle assembly. I am not a thief or anything though. I just have some friends that see everything cause they are bodymen that repair the damages of BMVs.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
ga_goosh
It's Me...

Bike(s):
for now...nothing :(

it all depends on your deductable. it is prolly going to cost less so you should just fix it your self
ga_goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

You think it would be less? The bad part is that i was only there for like 30 min and i could see my yukon from the table. These people have some big huevos...
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Wow, this is the first case that I have seen where someone took the time to drill a lock and then turn it. Looks like they drilled the tumblers. It would have been easier to just pop the handle assembly. I am not a thief or anything though. I just have some friends that see everything cause they are bodymen that repair the damages of BMVs.
Sure.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
ga_goosh
It's Me...

Bike(s):
for now...nothing :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
You think it would be less? The bad part is that i was only there for like 30 min and i could see my yukon from the table. These people have some big huevos...
yea it prolly will be less, but you can get an estimate just to make sure. they are free depending on where you go. but the worst thing is that your keys wont work on that door(new locks new key). if you want the keys to be the same then id say claim it.
ga_goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga_goosh
yea it prolly will be less, but you can get an estimate just to make sure. they are free depending on where you go. but the worst thing is that your keys wont work on that door(new locks new key). if you want the keys to be the same then id say claim it.
Well I never use it. just my keyless entry.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

wow you were right down the road from me. that is the area i live in and to be honest with you, i haven't heard of car break-ins being bad there in that parking lot. but then again, if your screens are showing here in the city, anybody may get them. too bad you didn't catch them doing it while you were inside the resturant. them sorry a$$holes
BTW do you have an alarm on your yukon?

Last edited by Spanish Fly; 06-20-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

If you could see your Yukon from your table how come you didn't see them drilling holes in the lock and popping your chit?

I saw some guys about to commit the crime at Olive Garden on 45s/Fuqua and I ran out with my glock in my hand and they took off. Everyone of the wait staff and the manager came over to the table and thanked me. They had been getting a lot of breakins during broad daylight.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly
wow you were right down the road from me. that is the area i live in and to be honest with you, i haven't heard of car break-ins being bad there in that parking lot. but then again, if your screens ar showing here in the city, anybody may get them. too bad you didn't catch them doing it while you were inside the resturant. them sorry a$$holes
BTW do you have an alarm on your yukon?
Well the JC cop was an . I asked him if there was anything to do, at least look the the security cam he said most likely not, that they get called there 3 to 4 times a day. I was like wow, 3 or 4 times to this area? He said no, this parking lot. :eh:
Also I was talking to the waitress and she said that they were at Wings n more down the street last week and they broke into 5 people's cars in one night.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #12
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
If you could see your Yukon from your table how come you didn't see them drilling holes in the lock and popping your chit?

I saw some guys about to commit the crime at Olive Garden on 45s/Fuqua and I ran out with my glock in my hand and they took off. Everyone of the wait staff and the manager came over to the table and thanked me. They had been getting a lot of breakins during broad daylight.
Because they did it on the driver's side, less likely to see and my dumbass was helping my sister in law with her kids and not paying attention like i should have been. Believe me I could kick myself in the for it.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

I have a dummy alarm but it didn't go off!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #15
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

yeah JC cops are buttholes. it's hard to believe that they have that many calls there and JC doesn't do anything about it considering they are always hiding in there little town ready to pop/pull someone over. well sorry that it happened to you

Last edited by Spanish Fly; 06-20-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #16
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
these crooks weren't dummies!!! that sucks, hope you get it fixed soon.
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #17
PinkPowerRanger
Dee Dee Dee

Bike(s):
My Hunny has a GSXR 600 RD/BLK

grl.. That sucks. Sorry to hear about that. At least it was just your double screens that were taken and not the truck...
PinkPowerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #18
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

The handle isn't worth claiming insurance for. It is at most 75bucks or so. I have a friend that works at Monument Chevrolet that could get you hooked up with one. Even that, the lock is the only thing needing to be replaced. It would be less than your deductable. As for the screens, those are more than likely not covered unless you paid for suplimental coverage. In Texas, in order to cover such items, you have to have the coverage on trucks. If it was a car, then it would be a different story and would be covered. You can ask our good friend Pete about that.

On another note, I say we set up a sting if there are that many calls in the parking lot.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

I had some f*ers try to pop my lock to break into my car. Apparently they sucked and couldn't figure it out so they went ahead and busted out my window too. Then they tried to pop the hatch to see if there was anything good back there, but they were idiots and popped the gas door. That apparently got them all worked up so they went ahead and smashed out the back window too. All for nothing! I don't keep anything back there! So, I had all these broken windows, broken door lock/handle, scratched up upholstery, and of course a missing headunit. :eh:

I HATE THIEVES! :BangHead:
Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #20
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):

Quote:
The handle isn't worth claiming insurance for. It is at most 75bucks or so. I have a friend that works at Monument Chevrolet that could get you hooked up with one. Even that, the lock is the only thing needing to be replaced. It would be less than your deductable. As for the screens, those are more than likely not covered unless you paid for suplimental coverage. In Texas, in order to cover such items, you have to have the coverage on trucks. If it was a car, then it would be a different story and would be covered. You can ask our good friend Pete about that.

On another note, I say we set up a sting if there are that many calls in the parking lot.
That's what I guess by best option is. If you could give me his info that would be great. I am assuming that the screens would not be covered. I wish they would have broken a window! I have supplemental insurance and if any of my windows get broken the give me $1000.

Advertisement