MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #21
aznhero913
J.D.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Unit
It's getting old now...people in cars/trucks need to keep an eye out for the bikers. I have been averaging at least one or two close encounters almost everytime I take the bike out and it's bright green for 's sake - it's not like you can't see it!
I didnt know if it was just me that was happening to. I havent had an enjoyable ride in a long time because everytime i go out, i almost get hit by some idiot.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
accident jcsalazar Off Topic 7 08-25-2013 09:45 PM
"LOL texting while on patrol in my motorcycle what u doin? LOL full uniform 2 Ready darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 06-28-2013 08:24 AM
Accident SteveohhXdank Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 9 06-21-2012 02:20 PM
lol @ family pictures pre 1930! lol RojerLockless Off Topic 16 10-20-2009 02:34 PM
ORN police release new accident suspect sketch [JUSTIN GUY ACCIDENT] Hayabusa1300cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-05-2008 02:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #22
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

I feel your pain... Here is my thread from yesterday, http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31225
I'm starting to think more and more about drivers being worse these days. It is a scary world, how bad is the damage? Frame sliders FTW!!!

Glad your ok!
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

In the last two days I have had one guy that didnt see me at all and cross the street slammed on the brakes to just avoide Tboning him, one that moved into my lane almost cutting me off and then slamed on the brakes and made a sharp right , and one just 20 mins ago that apparently didnt see me and then kinda went but stopped with his car halfway in my lane. :BangHead:

now the bad thing about all these is that I was actually driving my car

unfortunately its reality and its not a cager vs. bike thing is just that there are a bunch of distracted (cell phone/text/other stuff) and just stupid on the road now a days.
flypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #24
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Did the cop give him a ticket for speeding or anything?

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #25
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

The world is jam-fukin' packed with people that really and truly are just plain stupid! I am always amazed and scared at the general public's true lack of intelligence.

But these same people get to drive cars (hence your above stories), vote for Hillary (hence stupid government that says you have to hit the other car for them to be at-fault), and serve on jury panels (hence child molesters only get probation)!

Just my SCARRY rant...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #26
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Its a dangerous worl out there
Every car and truck and squid is out to get you
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #27
Runner

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
SOLD

The cop has no interest in this, he wasn't even there. You can file on his Insurance Co. He forced you off the road. Ppl file on this all the time and get paid. If you still have his info file a PR and ask him for his Insurance carrier so u can get your bike fixed the driver knew he was wrong. I have paid claims like this many times I was an adjustor for Geico.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #28
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
I'm glad to know you're okay from all this, but I would have called the department the officer works for. The cop just didn't want to do the paper work.
I got rear ended and the cop said there was nothing he could do because the guy left. I told him where he lived and he still didn't do . He only would have if he had to call an ambulance... That's Harris County for ya.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #29
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Guess where the cops are when you really need 'em???? They are dealing with the IA complaint from the stupid-a$$ pesron who THINKS they know the law and what the cops can/can't/should/shouldn't do...
Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #30
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

bump... what, no reply?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #31
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K
bump... what, no reply?

Excuse me??? You think I'm some ignorant person who doesn't know when someone is getting ****ed over? I guess a cop was doing his duty by not going to that guys house when the car registration was expired, his name wasn't attached to the vin number, his driver's license wasn't updated, and he fled the scene of an accident. How I know this? I used to work for a process serving company. Sorry officer, I forgot how ****in smart you were.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #32
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

What? You signed off??

OH, and this is what SOME cops are doing...
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31303

I'm not against all cops. Some actually help. Fort Bend is really nice, but too bad their aren't enough here.

Last edited by Crystalline; 06-20-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Sorry, connection timed out...

You said "The cop just didn't want to do the paperwork."

There is no paperwork that the cop can do in that particular situation. I don't agree with the way the law is written, but THERE IS NO PAPERWORK or anything the cop needed to do. You can't be found at-fault if you never hit the other vehicle, its just the way it is.

As some other member posted, an insurance claim MAY be able to be filed, but that just depends on the insurance company's willingness to do anything.

Now, as to your previous bad experience, it sounds as if you had a legitimate complaint. I would encourage anyone with a LEGIT complaint to complain! Unfortunately, about 99.9452% of complaints are not valid and waste time and your money...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #34
Pre-K

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

And the DA's office, especially HARRIS COUNTY, pretty much won't let cops file charges even if the crime is on tape, the criminal confesses, and its a lock-tight case... it really is ridiculous. You'd be suprised and horrified with the t the DA's office allows people to get away with...:confused1
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM   #35
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Sorry, connection timed out...

You said "The cop just didn't want to do the paperwork."

There is no paperwork that the cop can do in that particular situation. I don't agree with the way the law is written, but THERE IS NO PAPERWORK or anything the cop needed to do. You can't be found at-fault if you never hit the other vehicle, its just the way it is.

As some other member posted, an insurance claim MAY be able to be filed, but that just depends on the insurance company's willingness to do anything.

Now, as to your previous bad experience, it sounds as if you had a legitimate complaint. I would encourage anyone with a LEGIT complaint to complain! Unfortunately, about 99.9452% of complaints are not valid and waste time and your money...
I know he cannot be held at fault, but there could have been some type of accident report that COULD have been given to the insurance company so that he won't have to pay for this out of his own pocket. That officer could have helped with some advise on how he should handle this situation. I didn't see the [previous post, my apologies. As for my accident, it was a waste of my time and apparently a waste of that particular officer's time. He didn't help me in the least, but I remember almost a year prior THAT same officer wrote me a ticket for speeding. This was definitely not a waste of time to to fill out SOME TYPE of paper so my happy to pay the city.

And don't get me started on emergency numbers.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #36
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
And the DA's office, especially HARRIS COUNTY, pretty much won't let cops file charges even if the crime is on tape, the criminal confesses, and its a lock-tight case... it really is ridiculous. You'd be suprised and horrified with the t the DA's office allows people to get away with...:confused1

I wouldn't be suprised because in that accident, the officer could have written at least 5 tickets to my knowledge and didn't do it.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #37
Paradox

Bike(s):
VT750, CRF450R (For Sale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
he stopped, and apologized, a cop said since he didnt hit me, nothing could be done.......... but yeah, that big truck rolling a few feet from me towards me, scared the heck out of me, lol
The cop could have written him a ticket for failure to yield right of way. He was blowing smoke up your . You bet your you can file against his insurance for repair of your bike. Just because he didn't hit you does not mean he did not cause the accident. You do have things you can do in the Civil court.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #38
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
The cop could have written him a ticket for failure to yield right of way. He was blowing smoke up your . You bet your you can file against his insurance for repair of your bike. Just because he didn't hit you does not mean he did not cause the accident. You do have things you can do in the Civil court.

+1
Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #39
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Dang, Glad you are OKAY,
R.

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #40
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

I got an accident report. I'll claim it on my insurance, but it is going against me... It is BS if you ask me... That is life, at least it wasn't a brand new paint job you wrecked. I didn't get lucky enough to have my frame sliders save all of my bodywork, but my bike is still ok, just a bit more ugly than before. Gives it temporary character!
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement