Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #221
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushingLuck831 View Post
speaking of the SS logos...lol...

a friend has that tattoo on his arm. for like 3 years i never asked him about it in fear he was really a .

finally i did..

"na man, its really SS like the chevy. i swear. i liked the font. and realized 6 months later what it looked like. me right?''
Just like I posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
That stands for Super Sport
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Notorious Biker Gangs Of Central China Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 12-11-2011 06:17 PM
Biker Gangs... or biker gang bang? dotcom Off Topic 3 11-11-2005 12:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #222
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvmxr View Post
as for the race card, no one is talking about the true white none privilege.
You guys just don't get it, do you? LOL your ignorance is comical.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #223
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
You guys just don't get it, do you? LOL your ignorance is comical.
They will never understand the struggle.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #224
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

unfortunately in america your property can be held by law enforcement under civil forfeiture laws.

Cops think your <anything> was involved in a crime or is crime related they can take it.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal...rfeiture-abuse

You don't even have to be charged with a crime.

Police abuse of civil asset forfeiture laws has shaken our nation’s conscience. Civil forfeiture allows police to seize — and then keep or sell — any property they allege is involved in a crime. Owners need not ever be arrested or convicted of a crime for their cash, cars, or even real estate to be taken away permanently by the government.

Forfeiture was originally presented as a way to cripple large-scale criminal enterprises by diverting their resources. But today, aided by deeply flawed federal and state laws, many police departments use forfeiture to benefit their bottom lines, making seizures motivated by profit rather than crime-fighting. For people whose property has been seized through civil asset forfeiture, legally regaining such property is notoriously difficult and expensive, with costs sometimes exceeding the value of the property. With the total value of property seized increasing every year, calls for reform are growing louder, and CLRP is at the forefront of organizations seeking to rein in the practice.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #225
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
LCLF aren't part of the COC.
Doesnt matter..everyone knows if you see a patch that is a MC and must be a gang. Thats kind of your point at this venture.

Lots of MC's are just dudes that hang together and chill.

There are MC's that are Gangs.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #226
green600
HG Chairperson

One of the big reasons pot needs to stay illegal

When it Comes to Civil Forfeiture in Texas, You Have No Property Rights

The case titled State of Texas v. One 2004 Chevrolet Silverado is one of thousands of civil forfeiture suits each year in which the state faces off against “One Pearl Necklace” or “.39 acres” or “One Gold Crucifix.” A used-car salesman in Houston, Zaher El-Ali, had sold the Silverado, on credit, to another man, who was later arrested for drunk driving and cocaine possession. El-Ali held title to the vehicle while the man paid off the truck. He had nothing to do with the crimes. But that didn’t stop local law enforcement from seizing the vehicle as “contraband” and filing suit against the truck (thus the strangely titled lawsuit). If El-Ali wanted to keep the truck he would have to hire an attorney and prove that he was an “innocent owner”: a legal standard higher than the one faced by criminal defendants.

El-Ali found himself in the same preposterous situation as countless Texans every year—seriously, the record-keeping is so bad, we don’t know how many people are affected—ensnared in the state’s shamefully baroque civil-forfeiture laws. It’s been amply documented that some local prosecutors and cops use the laws to run sophisticated shakedown operations, seizing cash, cars, jewelry and other property from innocent people, especially black and Latino folks, and funding their operations with the profits. Some law enforcement agencies derive almost 40 percent of their revenue from civil forfeiture, with virtually no checks or oversight.

In the East Texas town of Tenaha, the district attorney oversaw a particularly Dickensian operation: Local cops would stop out-of-town drivers on the flimsiest of pretexts to look for cash, DVD players, cell phones, anything of value. The DA would threaten drivers with criminal charges, even promising to have state authorities remove kids from parents unless they waived rights to the property.

A class-action lawsuit uncovered that the proceeds from this highway robbery—an estimated $3 million between 2006 and 2008—were paying for popcorn machines, donations to a local Baptist church and bonuses for law enforcement key to the operation. Meanwhile, the DA was handing out light sentences to those caught with drugs, or laundered money, in exchange for seizing their assets.

El-Ali chose to fight the seizure on fundamental grounds. Rather than mount an “innocent-driver” defense, El-Ali challenged the constitutionality of putting the burden of proof on him to prove his innocence. He lost at both the trial and appellate level, and the suit landed last year at the Texas Supreme Court. You’d think that Texas’ highest civil court—overseen by nine conservative Republicans—would be sympathetic to a case that turns so pivotally on property rights and the relationship between individuals and the state. After all, the court has adopted an increasingly fundamentalist view on property rights over the past decade. In rulings on the ownership of groundwater, the power of eminent domain and the right of access to public beaches, a majority of the court has embraced a view that enshrines private property rights as essential to “freedom itself,” as the court put it in one recent ruling.

But in El-Ali v. Texas, the court declined to review the case, pointing to a 1957 decision—the last time the court weighed in on civil forfeiture. The collective yawning of the majority didn’t sit well with three of the justices. Justice Don Willett, in a scathing dissent signed by two others, ripped his colleagues for punting. Willett bangs all the conservative gongs, quoting James Madison and Edmund Burke and opining that the case “evokes less Chevy than Kafka.”

“Forfeiture 2014-style is not forfeiture 1957-style 21st-century practice merits 21st-century scrutiny,” he wrote, noting that the vast expansion in the use of civil forfeiture occurred after the Legislature broadened the statute’s scope in 1989 to include a grab-bag of felonies and misdemeanors, and allowed cops and courts to split the profits. “In the quarter-century since, we have yet to revisit the protections due in such proceedings.

“A generation ago in America, asset forfeiture was limited to wresting ill-gotten gains from violent criminals. Today, it has a distinctive ‘Alice in Wonderland’ flavor, victimizing innocent citizens who’ve done nothing wrong.”

There’s something beyond hypocrisy here. It’s not just that we live in a political moment in which Texas Republicans speak of little else than liberty, property rights and government overreach. It’s the sense that the state, particularly the criminal justice apparatus, as currently constituted, has become predatory, preying on the weak and forcing them to pay for it, too.

Liked this post:
Old 05-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #227
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)

i dont want them to take the pot i may or may not have for reasons i may or may not give them.

</3

#ripconstitution
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #228
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

The internet is full of horror stories like 826 posted and yes I'm sure cops don't want legal weed, then they can't confiscate all that weed money and cars and homes....

Civil asset forfeiture is based on a fiction, albeit one of ancient lineage, that property can be guilty of a crime and thereby forfeited to the sovereign regardless of whether any individual is ever charged with (and much less convicted of) a crime related to that property.

In Tenaha, Texas, North of Lufkin between the Mexican border and Houston, police executed well over a hundred pretextual traffic stops of cars heading south on U.S. 59. Officers seized cash and valuables from the passengers, frequently threatening to charge them with crimes (even though no drugs were found) or to turn over any children in the car to protective services unless they signed away their rights to the cash.
The town eventually settled a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union and instituted several policy changes, including videotaping all traffic stops and banning the use of roadside waivers.[37]
A great many innocent motorists have been stopped and harassed by authorities. For example:

The Washington Post reviewed case files documenting 61,998 cash seizures made on highways and elsewhere since 9/11, without search warrants or indictments and processed through the Equitable Sharing Program with a total haul of more than $2.5 billion. State and local authorities kept more than $1.7 billion, while Justice, Homeland Security, and other federal agencies received $800 million. Half of the seizures were below $8,800. Officers disproportionately target vehicles with out-of-state license plates on the assumption that out-of-state drivers will be less likely to return to challenge a forfeiture. Most agencies send officers to “forfeiture schools”.

■Victor Guzman, a church secretary from El Salvador, was pulled over by a Virginia trooper for speeding. When he revealed to the officer that he was carrying $28,500 in cash from parishioners’ donations, which he was going to use to buy land for the church, the trooper seized it.[38]
■Mandrel Stuart and his girlfriend were pulled over on I-66 by a Fairfax County, Virginia, officer because he had tinted windows and a video playing in his sightline. Stuart, the owner of a small barbecue restaurant called the Smoking Roosters, was carrying $17,550 in cash that he was going to use that night to purchase restaurant supplies and equipment. After finding a tiny amount of marijuana residue in a bag, the police assumed it was drug money and seized it. Luckily for him, he got a good lawyer who was willing to accept a modest fee and won his case after a jury trial 14 months later. He lost his restaurant in the interim because he was unable to pay his bills and lacked credit.[39]
■Vincent Costello, a home improvement contractor, and his girlfriend were stopped on Highway 17 by a sheriff’s deputy from Charleston County, South Carolina. Costello was on his way to Florida from New York to fix up a house he had bought in foreclosure. He was carrying $32,000. The officer claimed he smelled marijuana and seized the cash. By the time Costello paid his lawyer and settled the case, he was left with only $7,000.[40]
■José Cristobal Guerrero, a construction foreman from Raleigh, North Carolina, was stopped by police in DeKalb County, Georgia, while traveling with his two nephews, whom he had just picked up at his brother’s house. They were headed to Mexico to see their grandfather. The police seized the $13,630 in cash that he was carrying, which he intended to use to pay for land in Mexico and to pay some bills for Guerrero’s extended family there. It took three years for him to get his money back, and even then, he had to agree not to sue the police or the prosecutors—a routine condition.[41]
■Ming Tong Liu, a Chinese-born American from Newnan, Georgia, was stopped on I-10 in Alabama for driving 10 miles per hour over the speed limit while heading to Louisiana to buy the Hong Kong Chinese restaurant in Lake Charles for himself and his investors (two daughters and another relative). He was detained for nearly two hours, and the authorities found and seized $75,195. He got back his money 10 months later but only after spending thousands of dollars on a lawyer and losing out on the restaurant deal.[42]
■George Reby, an insurance adjuster from New Jersey, had $22,000 seized by a police officer in Tennessee on suspicion that it was related to drug activity. The money was intended for use to buy a car, and Reby had active bids online for an automobile. His story was picked up by a local broadcast news affiliate, prompting the authorities to offer to return Reby’s money—but only if he agreed not to sue

Carole Hinders, owner of an Iowa restaurant called Mrs. Lady’s Mexican Food, said she made large deposits under $10,000 because her mother told her the bank had to do “extra paperwork” if she made deposits over that amount. One day in August, two federal agents knocked on Hinders’ door and told her they’d cleared all $33,000 out of her bank account. Now, the Institute for Justice is representing Hinders in her efforts to get that money back. Here’s how the Institute for Justice summed up her defense:
In her defense, she will show that she had no intent to evade the reports that banks must file with the U.S. Treasury concerning cash transactions greater than $10,000. Rather, she had legitimate business purposes for her banking practices. Because her restaurant does not accept credit cards, and because it is unsafe to accumulate substantial cash on her premises, she goes to the bank often to make smaller cash deposits. For more than 30 years, she has kept her bank deposits to less than $10,000 because she was told that larger deposits cause an inconvenience to the bank. She had never heard of the term “structuring” until federal agents knocked on her door last year to tell her they had emptied out her bank account. But it’s not illegal to run an honest cash business, and Carole Hinders is not a criminal.

■A deputy sheriff in Kane County, Illinois, wrote in a training book that “All of our home towns are sitting on a tax-liberating gold mine.”[29]
■The Chief of Police of Columbia, Missouri, described his view of civil asset forfeiture as “kind of like pennies from heaven. It gets you a toy or something that you need, is the way we typically look at it.”[30]
■The City Attorney of Las Cruces, New Mexico, was caught on videotape telling a roomful of people how police officers waited outside a bar hoping that the owner of a 2008 Mercedes would walk out drunk because they “could hardly wait” to get their hands on his car. He added, “We could be czars. We could own the city. We could be in the real estate business.”[31]
■A Metro Gang Strike Force in Minnesota, which was under investigation by state and federal authorities for abusive forfeiture practices, was forced to shut down and pay out more than $840,000 in settlements.[32]
Highway stops have also become a real problem.
■In Tennessee, a local news investigation revealed that drug task force officers were 10 times more likely to patrol the westbound lanes of I-40 than the eastbound lanes. Why? Because it was known that illegal drugs from Mexico were transported into Nashville on the eastbound road, but the couriers would return with the proceeds on the westbound road. Rather than arrest the drivers, officers often have them sign a waiver to the funds on the side of the road and then let them go.[35]
■The same thing happened and may still happen in Volusia County, Florida, where authorities routinely stop motorists heading south on I-95 and seize amounts of cash in excess of $100 on suspicion that it is going to be used to buy drugs. Authorities in that county have seized over $8 million, and 90 percent of the people stopped were minorities.[36]
Liked this post:
Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #229
green600
HG Chairperson

lawlessness from the top down

Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #230
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
lawlessness from the top down
And the bottom up
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #231
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Doesnt matter..everyone knows if you see a patch that is a MC and must be a gang. Thats kind of your point at this venture.

Lots of MC's are just dudes that hang together and chill.

There are MC's that are Gangs.
Lots huh? Do those same "lots" hang together with criminal enterprises like the the bandidos and the cossacks or do they hang by themselves? It's like this, do you think I'd get the respect of the police if I wore my pants around my knees with a red bandana hanging out of my pocket with a xxxl tall Tshirt, fake gold chains, gold toofs and flashing signs on the corner? I have no intention s of being a gang member but I dress the part. Now take the Leathernecks hanging with the bandidos and the Cossacks and goes down. Why would they want to put themselves in that situation if they didn't want any trouble?

Last edited by VicTOEmizer; 05-19-2015 at 04:17 PM.
VicTOEmizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #232
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

homosexual urges?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #233
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Lots huh? Do those same "lots" hang together with criminal enterprises like the the bandidos and the cossacks or do they hang by themselves? It's like this, do you think I'd get the respect of the police if I wore my pants around my knees with a red bandana hanging out of my pocket with a xxxl tall Tshirt, fake gold chains, gold toofs and flashing signs on the corner? I have no intention s of being a gang member but I dress the part. Now take the Leathernecks hanging with the bandidos and the Cossacks and goes down. Why would they want to put themselves in that situation if they didn't want any trouble?
Because we still allegedly live in a free society and it is NOT illegal to gather at in a public place regardless of who may or may not also be there.
By your definition if you're in a small bar on a Saturday night and someone gets stabbed by a former con then you get to go to jail just for being there.
You just don't get it. Our legal system is not supposed to work the way it did in Waco.
It's a up deal, and if the ATF investigators do their job properly then there's going to be a lot of come down on the Waco PD imo.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 05-19-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #234
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I agree with you but do you really thing the ATF can do anything right?

They can't regulate them self out of a paper bag.
Liked this post:
Old 05-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #235
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Because we still allegedly live in a free society and it is NOT illegal to gather at in a public place regardless of who may or may not also be there.
By your definition if you're in a small bar on a Saturday night and someone gets stabbed by a former con then you get to go to jail just for being there.
You just don't get it. Our legal system is not supposed to work the way it did in Waco.
It's a up deal, and if the ATF investigators do their job properly then there's going to be a lot of come down on the Waco PD imo.
It was a COC event. They knew what they were getting in to. It wasn't some random gathering.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #236
PushingLuck831

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
i still think management has a lot to take credit for in this. They could have simply worked with wpd, rather than taking the risk without. CYA (cover your ) but now TP will have tons of outlash as we are already seeing. If they had worked with WPD im sure peoples opinions on how much at fault the manager is would be different
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #237
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

http://kxan.com/2015/05/18/bandidos-...o-kill-police/
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 PM   #238
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

I'd like to know who we can blame on this white on white crime.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #239
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I'd like to know who we can blame on this white on white crime.
The media, fool
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #240
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Who feels the need to blame anyone. It's crime. I don't feel the need to blame anyone

Advertisement