Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
svo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston Half Mile

Anyone plan on going to the Aeros and Autos / Houston Half Mile this saturday at Ellington?

Hopefully the rain will hold up so they can run.

If you've never been to anything like that, it is pretty badass to see the cars and bikes going 200+ down the runway.
svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Half Mile Shootout - Register Now cool_breeze General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-02-2013 12:48 PM
Why is it that over half the women in Houston have kids morvegil Off Topic 121 06-02-2009 01:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Never been to the half mile. Reaching 200 in a standing mile is not easy so I can't imagine too many guys are breaking 200 in the half.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #3
svo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
Never been to the half mile. Reaching 200 in a standing mile is not easy so I can't imagine too many guys are breaking 200 in the half.
Yeah, not all go that fast, but some do. Fastest i"ve seen was like 212
Old 05-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
Falcon
Getcha Pull

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R6 (Track)
KTM 450 sx-f (street)

Probably from the guys that run 250+ in the mile
Old 05-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
JPhilB

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda 919
Suzuki GS500E (sold long ago)

I went last year and they had a terrible time with the timing lights. Held up runs for over an hour. Had a handful of cars/bikes break 200.

I am curious to know how it went this year. And I keep hearing that someone is going to have Ellington set up for 1 mile runs but I have not seen that happen yet. Any news?
JPhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
svo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhilB View Post
I went last year and they had a terrible time with the timing lights. Held up runs for over an hour. Had a handful of cars/bikes break 200.

I am curious to know how it went this year. And I keep hearing that someone is going to have Ellington set up for 1 mile runs but I have not seen that happen yet. Any news?

Last year I believe the trouble with the lights was because of the winds.

This year the weather was about the same,..supposed to rain but never did, and windy as .

There were no troubles with the lights or anything like that that I saw.

I only saw a few runs over 200. I could be wrong but I Think the fastest of the day was like 202.

Most of the runs that I saw were in the 150-160ish range

Only saw 2 bikes running, one was a harley with a pro charger on it, pretty cool.

Cars,... It was like corvette heaven out there. lots of vettes running, several camaros and mustangs, I saw one Hellcat run which looked impressive.

As far as the Lambos and more exotics,..there were several out there. I didn't see them running as much as last year but when they did, it was impressive!

It was a fun day. once I figured out they were running shuttles to and from the starting line, I went over there to watch. Probably the best place to see it from!

Got a pic of my bike next to an F-16

Looking forward to next year.

Advertisement