Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-04-2015, 12:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Oulton Park race two results
Race two drama as Ryuichi Kiyonari and Shane Shakey Byrne collide
PBM MOTORSPORT Kawasaki's Stuart Easton has claimed his first British Superbike victory since 2010 after holding off the like of James Ellison and Josh Brookes.
Starting from the front row, Easton led on the opening lap followed by Ryuichi Kiyonari, Tommy Bridewell, Brookes and Shane 'Shakey' Byrne. The battle for the lead began instantly as Kiyonari decided to move down the inside of Easton at Lodge to claim the lead.
Bridewell moved passed Easton at Cascades on the second lap as Byrne pushed ahead of his PBM Kawasaki team-mate Easton. Bridewell set his sights on Kiyonari and by the third lap the race one winner took the lead at Old Hall, but it wasn't for long as Bridewell crashed the Tyco BMW a lap later at Hizzy's Chicane. Fortunately the Wiltshire rider was unhurt.
Kiyonari therefore took back the lead, but Byrne continued to pile on the pressure with Easton, Ellison and Brookes not far behind. Byrne dived up the side of Kiyonari at Shell Oils corner to take the lead, but Kiyonari was fighting back to reclaim the lead at Lodge on the very same lap.
The Japanese rider led the race until he had a huge moment at Island on lap 15 which gave burn the advantage once again. However, on the next lap, Kiyonari clipped the rear wheel of Byrne's into Hizzy's Chicane and the pair both crashed out of contention.
It was then between Easton, Ellison and Brookes to fight it out for the victory with two laps to go. Easton managed to hold the advantage out of Lodge ahead of Ellison to take the win. Brookes finished in third.
Michael Laverty and Jason O'Halloran were involved in their own battle throughout the race with the pair finishing fourth and fifth respectively which Howie Mainwaring snatched the advantage from Richard Cooper to finish in sixth followed by Billy McConnell and Chris Walker. Lee Jackson rounded out the top ten - his first top ten finish of the season.
Race two results:
1. Stuart Easton GBR PBM Kawasaki
2. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki (+0.161)
3. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+0.232)
4. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW (+12.102)
5. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing (+12.306)
6. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+20.377)
7. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+21.086)
8. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW (+21.547)
9. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+22.132)
10. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW (+23.529)
11. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki (+23.774)
12. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki (+24.372)
13. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+24.951)
14. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles BMW (+25.115)
15. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki (+25.436)
16. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+25.587)
17. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+29.988)
18. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki (+39.577)
19. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati (+45.953)
20. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki (+50.071)
21. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex BMW (+50.551)
22. Broc Parkes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+50.850)
23. Victor GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki (+50.960)
24. Ian Hutchinson GBR PBM Kawasaki (+51.420)
25. David McFadden GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki (+1 lap)
26. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing (+1 lap)
27. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki (+3 laps)
28. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW (+3 laps)
29. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+3 laps)
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha
DNF. Michael Rutter GBR Gearlink Kawasaki
DNF. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW
BSB 2015: Donington Park race one results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race two results
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race one results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch Indy race one results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch Indy race two results