MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #21
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Brian, good to see you have your chin up, you have shown strength most could never fathom....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10th year anniversary bdmpastx Off Topic 23 09-20-2013 12:57 PM
2 year anniversary for not smoking NorthHoustonGSXR Off Topic 17 05-05-2009 01:07 PM
my 1 year Anniversary... Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 18 11-13-2006 09:56 PM
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - Today 6/08/06 Swift E Off Topic 32 06-16-2006 07:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #22
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Thanks guys. It has been a long hard rode. Everyone that rides a bike or just lives for that matter, needs to consider the danger we all live in and what is possible. I almost never see nor hear from others that have had horrific accidents and continued with life. Most of the ones I hear about are barely living by staying home and living on a couch. F that life!

I get on a SCI Forum (Spinal Cord Injury) and they just complain about pain and not being able to work. Let me tell you, I live in pain, I don't take any medications for pain. I just mentally try to block it all out. I work hard every day as well. People are !
Liked this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #23
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Brian:

Thanks for sharing, I remember when your accident happened, You are real fighter and wish you the best.

No disrespect or offense but I don't remember if you mentioned about the riding gear you were wearing the day of the accident. Do you remember the moment of the crash? The jacket was having a back protector? riding pants?

Get well soon and hope you are not having any more health issues. I am also diabetic and they found out by accident because I was also very thirsty.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #24
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapata View Post
No disrespect or offense but I don't remember if you mentioned about the riding gear you were wearing the day of the accident. Do you remember the moment of the crash? The jacket was having a back protector? riding pants?
I remember everything about the accident up until they put me to sleep. I remember hitting the brakes and being in a full stoppie before hitting the car. I remember being winded and laying face down in the dirt. I remember no one willing to help me turn over so I turned myself. I remember the white Mercury cougar. I remember saying don't let them get away. (thinking they were not stopping because I didn't see the car near me) I was 160 feet from the impact.

I was wearing full gear from head to toe. Helmet, 2 piece suit, boots and gloves. The 2 piece suit did not have a back protector. I still have the helmet, boots and gloves on my desk above me on display.

On another note, someone sent me this, I near died laughing.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #25
Paul1098

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. I first think back to our first 2 trips to Arkansas and how much fun we had tearing up the roads, buzzing rednecks, (and getting buzzed BY rednecks), lane splitting through towns and getting lost. Then I think about "the day". I can remember everything about that day. You and Brandi stopping to tell me to hurry up and unload my bike and to catch up with you one the Pig Trail. 20 minutes difference in my arrival and it might have been both of us. I can't adequately describe my emotions on seeing the car, then your bike, and then you in that ditch.
We all rode back in a stupor, wondering if you would make it or not. Well, you did and obviously it hasn't been easy, but you continue to do it. There's no one, especially me, that's not grateful for having known you or ridden with you.
You suffer, you persevere, you take care of your family, and you live life like a MAN. Don't ever quit!
On another note, if you'll ever get a real harness in that "Datsun," I'll take you out and teach you to drive it.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #26
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Not knowing your story, let me just say congratulations on the twins.!

You had me choked up and eyes watering there. Roll on.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #27
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Brian. I had no idea you going thru such a hard time. I don't have your phone number or address anymore. I remember staying with you when you got out of hospital before your ramp was build. I admired your strength an attitude. I would gladly come see you if you need me. .

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #28
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1098 View Post
Hard to believe it's been 10 years. I first think back to our first 2 trips to Arkansas and how much fun we had tearing up the roads, buzzing rednecks, (and getting buzzed BY rednecks), lane splitting through towns and getting lost. Then I think about "the day". I can remember everything about that day. You and Brandi stopping to tell me to hurry up and unload my bike and to catch up with you one the Pig Trail. 20 minutes difference in my arrival and it might have been both of us. I can't adequately describe my emotions on seeing the car, then your bike, and then you in that ditch.
We all rode back in a stupor, wondering if you would make it or not. Well, you did and obviously it hasn't been easy, but you continue to do it. There's no one, especially me, that's not grateful for having known you or ridden with you.
You suffer, you persevere, you take care of your family, and you live life like a MAN. Don't ever quit!
On another note, if you'll ever get a real harness in that "Datsun," I'll take you out and teach you to drive it.
GD it Paul we had so much fun out there. I will never forget that time when that redneck with the trailer tried to purposely take you out after I blew by him. I saw all that smoke from the tires and just thought the worse. Then we got some great laughs about the story telling. That is what makes every trip special to me. The adventure and fun that you share with someone else so you can have those memories for years.

I am sorry we didn't wait for you. I am sorry you had to see that. I love you as a friend Paul and I wish we could ride together again. I wish you would have left with me when I rode to Deals Gap on a whim. Lol...I still get a kick out of that trip. It was such a blast and you missed out. I met some awesome, crazy Canadians there.

As for the Harness, I may see if my friend and I can fabricate something up. He can do all that without an issue. You know if I get that harness, you and your Porsche doesn't stand a chance in . So if I get a harness does that mean you'll finally ride shotgun? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
Brian. I had no idea you going thru such a hard time. I don't have your phone number or address anymore. I remember staying with you when you got out of hospital before your ramp was build. I admired your strength an attitude. I would gladly come see you if you need me. .
Jim,
My number hasn't changed in 20+ years! Lol. 281-851-5818 is my cell, call me anytime. I still have yours unless it changed ends in 5067 right?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:04 AM   #29
Paul1098

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

[QUOTE=bdmpastx;3893254]You know if I get that harness, you and your Porsche doesn't stand a chance in . So if I get a harness does that mean you'll finally ride shotgun? lol

The best of times...the worst of times.

Yeah, I'll ride shotgun...if you also put in a cage. Remember I've seen you ride AND drive.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #30
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Hahahahaha^^^
Old 05-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #31
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Thanks for sharing Brian! you are true fighter! I salute you!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #32
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

, 10 years already. I remember the thread on HSN and lost another friend in 04 and gave up riding for a while. I've never seen anyone come back from injury like you, even getting a quad and roosting with us in the dirt. I had a nasty crash last year and have given up riding again, actually fell into kind of a funk about it, and then I think about what you have overcome and how positive you stay.
Thanks again for being an inspiration.
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #33
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Man Cherokee park was fun. I miss that up until my dad crashed it lol. That was a quiet ride home lol
Liked this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #34
Dread6
BANNED

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Thanks for bumping this every year or so. I like reading stories like these to humble myself. We all want to be fast have fun but at the end of the day we just want to go home safely. I think I have read this story 3 times now, and it still makes me just sit back and count my blessings. I also enjoy following your progress over time, reading about things you have accomplished and I have taken for granted. Nothing I been through in my life could compare to the hurdles you have blew threw to get you to where you are today (after the accident). Keep it up man, and keep us updated
Old 05-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #35
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Thanks, at this point in my life, my goals are to stay out of the hospitals! Every day is some sort of a struggle but we all have struggles. My wish is that none of you guys ever have to go through the issues I have from surviving an accident. I'm thankful for a lot. I see life much differently. I don't know if it's age, the wreck or both. But I try to live my life without regret of not having tried something. I also don't let someone say you can't do this or that. Life is way too short.
Liked this post:
Old 05-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #36
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

I was just talking about you the other day to a guy that was paralyzed after a workplace accident. you are truly an inspiration and model of perseverance.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #37
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Well I made it another year. Today marks 11 years! Woohoo.
Liked this post:
Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #38
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Well I made it another year. Today marks 11 years! Woohoo.
Way to go Brian!!

Any updates/changes on your health?

Stay strong!!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #39
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Congrats bro !!!! Keep on keepin on

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:08 AM   #40
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Congratulations! I'd still like to hang out one day, maybe hit up a car meet or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote