Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans introduce first-round draft pick

Rounds two and three of the NFL draft are Friday, but fans are still talking about the Texans' first-round selection.

The Texans drafted Wake Forest cornerback Kevin Johnson in the first round Thursday.

At Wake Forest, Johnson posted 44 tackles and an interception his senior season, but the defensive back takes some criticism about his slender build, something that doesn't faze him.

"I just think I'm a competitive person, and I want to be a guy who can go out there and impact the game and help my team win," Johnson said.

Johnson showed his sense of humor when asked about the opportunity to play with the league's defensive MVP J.J. Watt.

"I don't know who that is," Johnson said jokingly. "It's going to be great. Playing with a guy like that and just learning from a guy like that."

Overall, the Texans' newest player was thankful and excited to get going with the team.

"It's been a lifelong dream to play in the NFL," Johnson said. "Now, I'm just trying to come in here and go to work and earn the respect from the players on the team as well as the coaches."

PHOTOS: Cheerleaders, fans at 2015 Houston Texans Draft Party

kevin johnson jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote