MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
Shrevej8

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

Time for a new stator and r/r on my cbr600rr

well today turned out to suck the
>wake up Monday night from fever at 10pm have 30 texts and 4 voicemail
>half the texts are friends and girl friend no big deal the other half is the unit telling me to report in the morning as well as all the voicemail
>ehhhhhh get told it's a 0800 report time
>only one to show up on time everyone else gets there at 0900
>decide to take bike it's better on gas than the car an I can split the traffic that bogs up on Westhimer and 6
>bike is acting funny has trouble idling and functioning below 3.5k rpm
>attribute this to sea foam I put in tank when I filled up last time
>I was wrong
>make the crest of the overpass before the unit on Westhimer and bike turns off
>the five stages of execptance occurs
>only have to push bike like 50 yards to parking lot
>call help from dad he comes thinks it is low on oil I disagree but get talked in a loop to agree with him
>wrong
>finally convince him it has something to do with the regulator or stator after checking dc output on battery and it's fine
>push start bike he rides it home leaves me with his car
>finish for the day and have to go to work thought I had to work till 8pm
>lol nope it's 10pm
>change out of uniform into gym clothing for work
>forgot to bring socks
>don't even care anymore
>can't use army socks cause I thought I'd bring shorts for once to work today
> you Eris and all your chaos bullshit
>Now I have a possible $412 worth of parts to get at the most and the least $200

At least when I take the bike apart again I can put in my new air filter and change the oil and it's filters as well and adjust my cables and my valves
Ok well adjusting the valves might not be a plus to do but hey it'll get done, also today I hit the 13500 mark on the bike so I have ridden my bike 3,498, it's hard to think I have had the bike a year now and got it at 10004 miles in contrast I put 40,000 plus on my car in the last year..... I need to ride more also I know those numbers above do not =13500 it was just the most rounded number to us
Shrevej8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ive been studying all day, time for play time.... scrapp Off Topic 29 04-12-2016 10:00 AM
stator??? 2kr6 How To's and Q & A's 1 11-25-2014 02:58 PM
My Stator Went out. cturtle99 How To's and Q & A's 7 05-15-2014 04:09 PM
A little night time help for those with babies or who have a hard time sleeping. Street Ninja Health and Fitness 11 08-26-2010 06:34 PM
What time is a good lap time at TWS (Texas World Speedway) eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-28-2009 12:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

Well started to go thru the bike for possible issues and well it's the rectifier And I'm almost positive I will take it to Honda to verify but I pulled the stator after running a few test with a volt meter and all was good my rough idle was because the bike was over filled with oil and it got in to my air filter so I pulled the entire air system and started to clean it out the engine bay and valves hoping I don't have to adjust them however I will take the time to tighten up my throttle cable cause there is a 1/2 in of play in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	85318  
Old 04-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #3
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

I can only post one pic at a time for some reason ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	85319  
Old 04-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450

You need a bigger hammer..
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #5
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
You need a bigger hammer..
What for I have a good sized one but im not to sure I want to smash it against it like a 90's fridge
Old 05-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #6
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

All fixed up and running ended up upgrading to a 2005 r/r and heat shield and I just adjusted my throttle cable and now she lives when a road it a bit tonight and had no issues I'm so happy to be back on my bike after 3 weeks
Old 06-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

Well Honda dude told me it was the plugs it was a lie turns out the stator is bad as well so I have one on order wish I had known this before I took the entire bike apart �� hopefully I'll have my bike up an running in a week or so until then my bike just gunna cover the garage floor
Old 06-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #8
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

My bike lives!!!!!! Just got my electrosport stator in and put my bike together and she lives!!! Will have to see how it handles a long ride tomorrow
Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #9
Shrevej8

Bike(s):
2003 CBR600rr

So the saga continues yet another set back. turns out after a lot of work my bike is still messed up! But it's not that bad, and thanks to melgamma for all the help and the use of his garage and lift and time and so on and so forth, we have figured out the issue on hand, the first is the previous own tore off the idle screw :/ yes the idle screw. The next was my fuel filter and pump were clogged up, this being due to the fact that my tank was rusted to . So here is the fix, and I will post pics this time as soon as we get the parts in, first we have taken part the bike and the fuel pump has already been refurbished (this I will post many pictures of cause it was finding reference pics for reassembly) next we spent the better part of a hour trying to find where the idle adjustment was so we will be replacing the screw assembly on to the wax assembly as well. Next is to replace the injectors Mel tends to think it wise to replace them due to the rust being so invasive in the pump and feared it may have clogged one or two of the injectors. Luckily I got an entire throttle body, both upper and lower and with all 8 injectors, used with a money back guarantee for $80.00 and from the pics it is in better condition then one I have on the bike now. And last but not least (although I hope it is) we have to seal the tank. And also we will clean the bike and all of its innards as Mel was disgusted with how bad it was, cause ya know I never cleaned it -.-. One more thing we will also be referbishing the rear wheel to match the front that I did a while back so if anyone what's to see it step by step I'll take pics of that as well

Last edited by Shrevej8; 07-02-2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: I can't English

Advertisement