Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #81
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Roger,
I don't think many tickets were actually "sold".
At the shop, every ticket we gave out was to an MH member or someone that was picking them up for an MH member (yes we checked for user i.d.'s)

Perhaps but when I came this morning the guys at the front gate just said "hey if you're here for the BBQ it's 5 bucks a ticket. That was the first thing I heard when I pulled up and I was in a car.

anyway I had a blast and will be here next year for the BBQ job permitting.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**MotoHouston BBQ Thread** Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 05-24-2011 10:47 AM
BBQ URGENT FINAL THREAD Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 66 10-29-2006 10:39 PM
Official BBQ Thanks Thread Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 07-10-2006 10:01 AM
SE BBQ Thread pimpcain General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-24-2005 02:11 AM
SE BBQ Thread... mightymouse Events, Meets and Rides 65 10-19-2005 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #82
EEastman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 F4i, Yamaha R6 Raven

Send a message via Yahoo to EEastman
I wasn't out there for long, but I had a great time. And appreciate all that was done!! Food and all!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #83
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Ranger
Now I want to apologize for everything that did go wrong today. I'm sorry we were running behind on serving the food. I'm sorry we ran out of food, when there originally was more than enough to feed everybody. I ran to Wal-Mart twice today to get more food, and unfortunately was still unable to feed everyone. I myself, nor did Chris have anything to eat besides a couple of bites of the leftover beans.
WHOA WHOA what the are y'all apologizing for? By NO means should u be sorry for ANYTHING!!!

You made the best of a bad & last minute situation. I don't soicalize with a lot of ppl on here, but I'll say this you guys are some truly amazing ppl. I'm not sure who stepped up to the plate to help with the bbq, but to these ungrateful bastards you have NO morals and should be banned from ALL MH events NO MATTER WHO U ARE. Ev1 went out of their way to help and u wanted a refund?? F THAT I would've threw the tickets back in their face and told them to get the f out. This just goes to show what stand up and great ppl Chris and Courtney are. I had to wait for the food, but who cares I was there to watch my man ride and see some friends.

So it rained off and on it was still a great day. I'm exhausted today and didn't even ride. It was nice meeting some new ppl and seeing some old ones.

Thanks again Chris for hosting a great event.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #84
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

, I can't believe people were doing that...demading money back and beign rude... them, hopefully they won't show up at the next BBQ.

fuking pricks.

I whish i was there as it was happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #85
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

I dont think any people should have even come that werent with the motohouston crew just to avoid this situation. The motohouston crew and a couple friends is cool because we are there because we want to me there, not just to mooch free food and complain.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #86
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750

Send a message via MSN to Irish
had a great day yesterday, got lots of good seat time in even with the rain. Didnt eat but I heard the BBQ was awesome, good job Chris.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #87
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Had a great time, Buck and gang did all they could to make the best out of what appeared to be a poor situation. I went out for the 1:30 session only to be greeted by Gonzo informing me that cornerworkers were just eating and that we would resume at 2 o clock with the regulars. Was I dissappointed that I only ran 2 sessions (1 in the rain) + a round robin event before 2 o'clock? Of course, but I wasn't gonna about it. There is nothing anyone could have done to prevent so no need to get upset. As far as the food situation, props to the guys who MADE IT HAPPEN. I spoke with CarbonR1 on Thursday at 10 at night and he was headed to the track to help start with the BBQ'ing (he had a small grill in the back seat of the beamer I didn't get any BBQ, but I was not dissappointed. It turned out to be a great time and has to be the BEST BIRTHDAY I've ever had, no bullshit Managed to scuff up both knee pucks by the end of the day and kept on two wheels the whole time (with a couple close calls, me and the wall came about 4 inches away from having a very personal relationship:laughing6 YankeeR6 has the pics to prove it) At any rate, everyone who threw in, thanks. You guys did the best you could and absolutely no complaints from me. Those who bitched about the food and money are probably people who don't post often because the MHer's I know have the upmost respect for each other. Good day, great fellowship and nice to put some faces with the names. Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

DBuck
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #88
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Had a great time, Buck and gang did all they could to make the best out of what appeared to be a poor situation. I went out for the 1:30 session only to be greeted by Gonzo informing me that cornerworkers were just eating and that we would resume at 2 o clock with the regulars. Was I dissappointed that I only ran 2 sessions (1 in the rain) + a round robin event before 2 o'clock? Of course, but I wasn't gonna about it. There is nothing anyone could have done to prevent so no need to get upset. As far as the food situation, props to the guys who MADE IT HAPPEN. I spoke with CarbonR1 on Thursday at 10 at night and he was headed to the track to help start with the BBQ'ing (he had a small grill in the back seat of the beamer I didn't get any BBQ, but I was not dissappointed. It turned out to be a great time and has to be the BEST BIRTHDAY I've ever had, no bullshit Managed to scuff up both knee pucks by the end of the day and kept on two wheels the whole time (with a couple close calls, me and the wall came about 4 inches away from having a very personal relationship:laughing6 YankeeR6 has the pics to prove it) At any rate, everyone who threw in, thanks. You guys did the best you could and absolutely no complaints from me. Those who bitched about the food and money are probably people who don't post often because the MHer's I know have the upmost respect for each other. Good day, great fellowship and nice to put some faces with the names. Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

DBuck
I watched you yesterday! ( I have a fondness for the ZX7R) you were doing great!! Glad you had a good time!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #89
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
oh, and thanks to DFresh for having several of us after the days activities. The beer was great and the food was awesome. Thanks to Laura and staff for taking care of us
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #90
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Thanks out to Chris/Courtney for putting this together. Thanks to everyone who helped out in the cooking.

Thanks to Buck for having a great track organization as well. With as many people as there were riding the tracks, everything went smooth as usual.

Thanks to all the vendors that showed up and helped to make this a success.

Thanks to everybody of MH for making this happen. I had a blast.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #91
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Man I hate whiny people. I had a blast, thanks to all involved!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #92
tahitianprincess
Motorcyclegirl

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ninja 250 06
nxt will be Kawi ZX-10R

I couldnt make it this year but i remember last year i had a great time !

http://www.myspace.com/tahitiparadise
tahitianprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #93
Candie

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

So who won the goodies????
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #94
CBRGuy954
don't talk about it

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 954rr

I did not make it out this time, but I do know what kind of time and dedication it takes to put on an event like this one and just want to say thank you!!!! Not to beat a dead horse, but I also think that the people that were rude and not understanding are not the kind of people that should be associated with this board!!! Thanks again to everyone that WAS supportive.
CBRGuy954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #95
PORSCHITO

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
Sorry how things turned out... many people want something for nothing if you were there to only eat or freeload maybe this event wasn't for you... if you were there to enjoy the sport and meet your motohouston friends im glad you came
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #96
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

had a blast on that track and hanging with the LMS crew like always. i left around 12:30 to take a test in Katy and did not know people threw a fit over $5.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #97
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

GUYS, sorry that i didn't spend much time with those i know and i also apologise for not getting to meet more new people. It was a long day for a few of us. Chris, thanks for letting me try to help out. We did what we could.To chris and courtney, i am sorry that some people may have been rude to you guys, please understand that some aren't as understanding as others and we will always be faced with people like this. It was an honor to be involved with this event.

on a funnier note, everyone can lay blame on me for the Briskets not being ready or good. I don't care. I wish it had turned out better but we did what we could on a very very short notice. We can't blame anyone person other than the one that bailed on us.

Less than Coop, sorry for the way I approached you, i wasn't in a good mood at all and maybe could've handled it a little differently. Please accept my apology.

Thanks to Logan5 and Racerx05 for jumping in and helping us out, I needed a big break and you guys gave that to us. If i left anyones thanks out i'm sorry..

Happy Fathers Day to all.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #98
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

i dnot understand how people were asking for their money back when the tickets were free.

You can't have a donation refunded(sp??)!!!
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #99
batman007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2006 R6S

I was there most of the day, i thought everything went great!! amazing to see a handfull of people cook so much food for so many people, i had a blast meeting new people and seeing the track for the first time. thanks again
Old 06-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #100
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

well

well for me was great yeah. i got there late but was stupid mapquest and their directions so i blame that site lol

i got there and saw courtney and the bipolar ppl really working hard

yankee making that fiddy suffer and everyone else enjoying the track

i never tought it sucked ot anything, i saw everyone happy tho

if before i got there someone was mad. uh well , i shoulda give them their 5 bucks back and send them to buy tacos at jack in th box

or maybe better ill send them to get welfare, cause if 5 bucks are enough reason to fight about

THEY NEED FOOD STAMPS!!!!

and also the stunters made a good show i was told lol

no one is supose to feel bad, i was there for a few and i felt good tho

we are grown up ppl

chris and courtney didnt have the responsability to take care of kids

IT WASNT A BABY SITTER JOB LMAO

u didnt eat? uh well wait untill u leave and buy some food

high props to everyone that worked there andfor everyone that appreciated the hard work

ready for next year i am!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement