MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #21
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

wanted to say thanks for powersport and motorcycles unlimeted, got some bikes dynoed and the suspention set up , cheep to real cheap the dyno was 20 bucks you can not beet that anyplace, any way thanks
**MotoHouston BBQ Thread** Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 05-24-2011 10:47 AM
BBQ URGENT FINAL THREAD Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 66 10-29-2006 10:39 PM
Official BBQ Thanks Thread Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 07-10-2006 10:01 AM
SE BBQ Thread pimpcain General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-24-2005 02:11 AM
SE BBQ Thread... mightymouse Events, Meets and Rides 65 10-19-2005 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #22
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Hey , you know what?? The Ribs rocked! hahahahah

I didnt mind waiting a little bit...I got to talk to some really cool people...

Sorry that somebody threw such negativety at you like that, Solracer , To me there was electricity in the air!!! Literally!! Hahahahah

motohouston rocks!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
And I'll say this...................

I too was shocked at the rudeness of some folks at the track today. The cookers bailing on Chris had other repercussions that affected our normal smooth trackday. The regulars took it in stride and I say a HUGE thanks to the Frequent Flyers for the patients and understanding of dealing with that many people. The rain also played a part, but still I'd bet you had more seat time than any other trackday you've attended. We cancelled the racing in the evening so that everyone would get an extra session. Some of the folks who rented transponders had the nuts to ask for a refund or compensation. If you didn't use it all day Mgmt was happy to refund. It was a case of taking care of the other 52 riders with an extra session vs. the ten who rented transponders for a fun race. You can get your times emailed to you if you contact Ashley at the track on Monday. I salute Chris, Tim, James and the rest of the cookers for giving it thier all, and I'm sorry for those who think you were due something more than fellowship and a good time. When your next registration email is slow or does not return, you'll know you me off. Riding at MSRH is a privelige, and I have little tolerance for complainers and jerks. Let me know next time you get four hours in the seat at another track for 175.00.............
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #24
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

My apologies for not being able to attend this time around.

I have only met Chris in person once and have chatted with him on the board here numerous times. He is a stand up guy and works hard to help everyone on this board with their hobby of motorcycling.

For those who disrespected Chris at the event, this board is a hobby and it does not pay the bills. Chris does this because he enjoys it (most of the time) and wants to make this a community. Boards like this are not-for-profit entities. We all need to keep that in mind that when we attend MH events in the future.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #25
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Had a great time today, to everyone who took part "THANK YOU". I'll be out there again next year.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #26
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

lol they did get a lot of time on the track and thanks for the open track mighty loved it ! everyone loved it!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #27
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
And I'll say this...................

I too was shocked at the rudeness of some folks at the track today. The cookers bailing on Chris had other repercussions that affected our normal smooth trackday. The regulars took it in stride and I say a HUGE thanks to the Frequent Flyers for the patients and understanding of dealing with that many people. The rain also played a part, but still I'd bet you had more seat time than any other trackday you've attended. We cancelled the racing in the evening so that everyone would get an extra session. Some of the folks who rented transponders had the nuts to ask for a refund or compensation. If you didn't use it all day Mgmt was happy to refund. It was a case of taking care of the other 52 riders with an extra session vs. the ten who rented transponders for a fun race. You can get your times emailed to you if you contact Ashley at the track on Monday. I salute Chris, Tim, James and the rest of the cookers for giving it thier all, and I'm sorry for those who think you were due something more than fellowship and a good time. When your next registration email is slow or does not return, you'll know you me off. Riding at MSRH is a privelige, and I have little tolerance for complainers and jerks. Let me know next time you get four hours in the seat at another track for 175.00.............

STRAIGHT! PUT EM IN THEIR PLACE! Huge thanks to you and your staff as well for making the absolute best of our rainy situation. I don't think there was anyone out there complaining about not enough track time by the end of the day. I'm EXHAUSTED, lol, and i bailed on the last session too.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #28
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work. We had a great time out today, even with crappy weather. Chris you did a great job considering the kind of luck you had over the last couple of days. Don't sweat the rude folks! Thanks Buck for giving us a venue to be able to ride and hang out with our MH friends.
bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #29
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Well, I had a great time ... even got to do a couple laps on the track during the parade session. I'm sorry the food didn't come out as quickly as everyone wanted, but we tried our best. RacerX05 and Steve were cooking gods and I just tried to help without getting in the way as much as possible.

To all those people waiting in line, I'm really sorry, but the cooks never actually got to eat anything untill pretty much the VERY end. When I got home, i smelled like and covered in grease from all the smoke. I can't believe people demanded money back, that's just effin rude.

On a brighter point, watching that girl out there on the 250, was even more of an inspiration for me to get mine on the track too.
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #30
Mighty White
THINK its not illegal yet

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 ZX636R
2006 ZX10R

I'm new to the community (MH), but I feel this BBQ was great! I met alot of really cool people, the food was a little late, but who gives a ! THIS WAS NOT ABOUT FOOD!! It was about everyone getting together, exchanging #'s, and having fun.... I acomplished all of that. I got to meet alot of people that put this thing together, and I want to thank all of you for a great time. I will be sure to come to other events and track days. As far as the cost goes, I'm down with a PayPal account to get Chris back.... I'm not rich... But I got a good $20 spot for you man... Thanks again man... see ya'll next time.

ShakeNBake MainLogo
Mighty White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #31
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Logan5 Hey just wanted to say real nice meeting you! You were not in the way if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have had anyone to cook the beans and eat the chicken fat with me hahaha.......
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #32
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #33
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty White
I'm new to the community (MH), but I feel this BBQ was great! I met alot of really cool people, the food was a little late, but who gives a ! THIS WAS NOT ABOUT FOOD!! It was about everyone getting together, exchanging #'s, and having fun.... I acomplished all of that. I got to meet alot of people that put this thing together, and I want to thank all of you for a great time. I will be sure to come to other events and track days. As far as the cost goes, I'm down with a PayPal account to get Chris back.... I'm not rich... But I got a good $20 spot for you man... Thanks again man... see ya'll next time.
Yeah!!

Thats what I'm talking about!!
Welcome Mighty, welcome to the site
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #34
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

It was explained to me pretty early on that things weren't going as smoothly as they had planned. OH well, t happens. I tried to help...at least we brought in some more coolers with ice. I actually didn't eat until really late in the day, but managed to get some food in my belly.

It was nice to finally put some faces with the screen names!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #35
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
I got there late in the game (it's tough to hang out at the track when you can't ride- MD releases me on July 6!!!), but it looked like everyone had a smile on their faces and was enjoying the whole scene.

It was nice to see folks I don't see all the time, and it was cool to watch the stunnas on the skid pad (my son dug it too).

I was really, really disappointed to hear of the issues today shortly after I got there. Not surprised mind you (I'm a bit cynical), but just plain disappointed. Those that created hassle and problems, especially the ones wanting their money back, should be ashamed of yourselves. Truly, those people are without character or morals.

Sad.
it's too bad none of them have the to admit who they were, or who brought them.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #36
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
that sucks

How could someone throw tickets @ Chris's face?
+ 1. No matter what, that is uncalled for. I for some reason have a hard time believing that those were MHers. Everyone I know I could not imagine doing this...

Looks like everyone had fun though. I wish I could've been there and seen my friends and had a good time like the rest of you. Sorry that we couldn't make it out but I got the Viffer back together with some pimping lights. :laughing6
Old 06-16-2007, 10:53 PM   #37
AggieGixxer

Bike(s):
2002 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
The rain also played a part, but still I'd bet you had more seat time than any other trackday you've attended.
I sat out 2 sessions and managed to put ~150 miles in on the track today and have never been this wore out after a TD. I must admit that when the rain came, I thought to myself "not again" (I'm 3 for 3 on rain at MSR-H), but the track dried out quickly and didn't take much time away from riding.

It sucks people were rude and treated the voulnteers like that. Every LMS event I've attened (ridden/spectated) things have run smootly, and Buck and his gang handled todays events the best they could with the limited time they had. I wish people would go into events with an open mind and understand that things happen that cause a change in plans and not get so bent out of shape over the little things.
AggieGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #38
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 PM   #39
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300
Sorry that anyone had to go through a rough time today. The weather was rough, the efforts were high and the people wanted to have a good time certainly did.

To those unnamed people who didn't have a good time... I will throw another party like the one we are enjoying right now!!! All of you who feel like you didn't get what you paid for at the BBQ, I'm sorry you feel that way. We've spent a few Hundred Duckies putting together a free get together for our friends... would you complain about that if I didn't buy the beer you like?

To everyone missing this party... stay tuned!! The wild pics are soon!!!
Pics?!?! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #40
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05
Had a great time and it was good seeing those I hadn't see for a while! When I saw Chris needed help I jumped in and started cooking, Steve and I put our foot in it! Hope yall like the ribs, chicken and burgers. Godsuzuki nice meeting you and Ramius!

Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement