MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Exclamation THE AFTER MH BBQ THREAD

As you all are probably aware of by now, the orginal cooker cancelled at the last minute Friday night. I got a call around 8:15 asking to help out. We were forced to punt, so the calls went out to the fellow BiPolars.

I know that things did not turned out as planned, but we did with what we had, and made lemonade with the lemons we were given.

Just a reminder that the reason for the BBQ is to bring the MH community together and enjoy the fellowship, sights, sounds, and activities around the event, not just to get a meal. I know of several people who demanded thier money back for thier tickets. Granted the food was late, and not what was originally planned, most evryone was fed, and all those cooking tried incredibly hard to make it happen!

All the food, and everything else associated with getting it from the store to your plates were all paid for by Chris, out of his own pocket. The main purpose of the tickets were for the door prizes, not the meal!

Donations were asked, as they have been every year, and not for profit, but to help recover some of the costs incurred by Chris. I was informed that almost nothing had been donated, and that speaks poorly of all of us.
Chris spent large amounts of cash to try and make this event as great as possible. The least we could do, is try to show some appreciation for the efforts made for all of you.

Things don't always go as planned, but despite the delay in food service and scattered showers, the day went very well, and new friends were made, and old ones caught up on times past, as well as the awesome track time that we got!

I would really like to thank Buck and crew, Motorcycles Unlimited, Power Sports of Houston, the stunters, and everyone else who volunteered time, money, resources and friendliness for making this event a success, and this site such a great way to bring our motorcycling community together.

So lets all pull together and try to help Chris out, and drive home what we all believe to be true, that bikers are the best friends to have!

Tim
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**MotoHouston BBQ Thread** Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 05-24-2011 10:47 AM
BBQ URGENT FINAL THREAD Nightster Ridester Events, Meets and Rides 66 10-29-2006 10:39 PM
Official BBQ Thanks Thread Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 07-10-2006 10:01 AM
SE BBQ Thread pimpcain General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-24-2005 02:11 AM
SE BBQ Thread... mightymouse Events, Meets and Rides 65 10-19-2005 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

uhh, i had a good time thnx for the BBQ

Last edited by whosthis; 06-16-2007 at 07:46 PM.
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

I know I didnt get a chance to make it out there, but if there's a paypal account setup for chris, I dont mind donating a little $$ for all his efforts. I felt bad that I couldnt make it to see all my fellow stunters and friends out there, but i'd like to help in any way....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

thanks to everyone who cooked and served food. despite the problems, everything turned out relatively well.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

IF THEY WANTED THE MONEY BACK I WOULD HAVE STUCK IT IN THEIR . COUSE YOU ARE RIGHT IT WAS FOR THE FRIENDSHIPS MAID TODAY AND THE TIMES SPENT TOGHETHER, I HAD A BLAST AND I WAS WELL WOTH THE MONEY , MY TICKETS I GOT FREE BUT THE DONATIONS WE PUT IN THE BOX WAS WELL SPENT. ANY WHO DONT SWET THE SMALL STUF AND EVERYTHING IS SMALL STUF
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
dfresh
FOOZIES OWNER

next bbq call me and i will donate a case of burgers.
dfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

man that sucks!!! i can't believe that people demanded their money back. Chris did this out of the kindness of his little heart. i can understand how the rain may have put a damper on the get together but how dare you ask for your money back
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #9
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

some people have no shame.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

well i didnt get the chance to go due to work so ill definitely try for the next one. hope the drama subsides and we can all ban 2gether
Old 06-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #11
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee
well i didnt get the chance to go due to work so ill definitely try for the next one. hope the drama subsides and we can all ban 2gether

you know things didnt go all that smooth we all know that but it was nice and even if you payed for your ticket that you have to understand that this was a day to get together and hang out, not just show up for some food, a friend of mine was a little upset couse it took so long to get food and i know another guy that donated money in the box and they still wouldnt give him a drink but come on we all still had a blast and i do not think any of my friends have any ill gotten words to say, they all loved it, so props to MH it was a good time had by all!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #12
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Ill say this.

MUCH THANX to Tim, James, Allan, Jet(hope im not forgetting anyone I prolly am) for coming on such short notice last night. Without yall and my friend Steve, I wouldnt have had any of that food cooked. Im so happy to have received the help I got today....

I want to say that I am sorry for how things turned out....alot of it was not my fault, but my responsability. a Crew that I had been on contact with for the last month BACKED OUT at 7pm last night, leaving me holding all those briskets, ribs chickens etc, with no one to cook or a pit to cook them on. Again, I am so lucky for the friends that helped. I am sorry about the food being late, but the crew cooked it as fast as they could. I know alot of people were upset and disgruntled while standing inline. I feel like I let alot of people down. We did however manage to feed ALOT of people for those who waited. To those, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

I had to give back alot of peoples money(and didnt mind one bit), However, a few people WERE EXTREMELY RUDE, and pretty much threw their tix in my face, demanding their money back and cussing me out. Thanks for making me feel like and making my day even worse than it was.

Thank you to the gate people for doing the job you did.

THANK YOU TO BUCK!(I GOT MY KNEE DOWN 5 TIMES TODAY!) Without you we wouldnt have had an awsome venue to hold the event.! Thank you to the vendors for coming out. Thanks to Motorcycles Unlimited for all the door prizes, as well as Powersports of Houston, and John for South Central Race Center..

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT CAME AND SHOWED YOUR SUPPORT FOR MOTOHOUSTON!

Last edited by Solracer; 06-16-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #13
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

you know what dont even feel like that i have not gotten to meet you but this is one big show for the MH family and we all thank you for that
Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #14
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
that sucks

How could someone throw tickets @ Chris's face?

Chris - dude we all appreciate what you do. Hopefully we can single out the a$$holes who did that to you and ban them from future events.

Its really nice to be in a big city like Houston and have a tightly knit community of motorcyclists!

Thank You again Chris for everything!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #15
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
HUGE thanks go out to chris, courtney, and all the cooks for the AMAZING job they all did with what they had.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #16
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Had a great time and it was good seeing those I hadn't see for a while! When I saw Chris needed help I jumped in and started cooking, Steve and I put our foot in it! Hope yall like the ribs, chicken and burgers. Godsuzuki nice meeting you and Ramius!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Thanks to Chris and the Bipolars and to everyone and anyone else who helped out.
MH would not be the same without your contributions.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #18
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Wow...I had no idea...I thought it all went well all things considering. Screw the rude people. I got my pit up there but I had no gas...sorry. I had a blast...thanks chris:icon_smil
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Well said Tim...you guys came through in a big way :notworthy things didn't go as smooth a possible, but what fun would that be :icon_bigg all in all I think the event was success.

Had a great time today, I got a chance to meet alot of new people and hang out with some old friends. Huge THANK YOU to all of the people who came out today and made the MH BBQ possible. Props to all the supporters of the event...you guys rock

Thank you Courtney and solracer for putting this event together

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 06-16-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 PM   #20
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05
Had a great time and it was good seeing those I hadn't see for a while! When I saw Chris needed help I jumped in and started cooking, Steve and I put our foot in it! Hope yall like the ribs, chicken and burgers. Godsuzuki nice meeting you and Ramius!
I knew I was forgettingpeople thanks to you, henry(who went out and in bought 2 pits to cookon. thanx to martin forgoing to get ice and water.

Advertisement