MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
Anyone know how to work on fords?

long story short, 01' ford ranger, 2.3 DOHC I4. had to tear engien apart cuz one of the cylinders had no compression. found a hole the size of a pencil eraser in one of the exhaust valves. Well i got it all taken apart, and i really dont want to nor do i have the time to put it back together before my wisdom teeth surgery tuesday and i really need it running again so i can trade it in for a new truck.

Anyone willing to come to my place and put the engine back together? Ill pay you of course and you could use all my tools.

If you volunteer you will need to do the following:
replace one exhaust valve( i have the valve)
replace all gaskets and put head back on(i have head rebuild kit)
then put all the rest of teh cap back on like water pump, power steering, radiator shroud blablabla

If your interested name your price and ill concider it.
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that suck at work, your work, my work any work urbanXJ Off Topic 115 07-30-2014 06:08 PM
Work is PWNING me, no time for anything. Who else is getting PWNED by work? NewRider Off Topic 52 04-15-2012 12:36 AM
working on bike so i can ride to work got me sick. now i'm missing work, lol loosenoose Off Topic 6 11-27-2008 10:27 AM
WORK WORK WORK Psych0ninja Off Topic 29 08-15-2007 01:00 PM
good prep work leads to nice paint work... houseofpaint Off Topic 3 02-18-2007 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

take the head to the machine shop, You need to research the cause of the valve falure, they usually dont just out, without a cuase.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Like Josh said, find out WHY the valve failed first. I can lend a free hand(real well with Ford engines) next weekend, but that is after ur surgery.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
take the head to the machine shop, You need to research the cause of the valve falure, they usually dont just out, without a cuase.

It looks to be just random valve failure, there is no sign of the valve hitting anything, the piston lookds fine, the seat looks fine, i think its just fine ford engineering . DVL I may take your offer up but im going to try to do as much as i can before tuesday. I really want this truck gone ASAP, as soon as it runs well enough to drive it to the dealership im gettin a new truck....so yea
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement