Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-20-2015, 01:31 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Brands Hatch Indy race one results
Pole position sitter wins race one at Brands Hatch
AFTER a final three-lap battle, James Ellison took the race one win at the Brands Hatch Indy circuit ahead of rivals Shane Byrne, Josh Brookes and Ryuichi Kiyonari
Ellison led from the beginning after starting from pole position. However, Christian Iddon, Robbin Harms and Jack Kennedy crashed out on the Cooper Straight, which led to the Nissan GT-R Safety Car being deployed.
The Safety Car pulled in with Ellison holding his line from Byrne, Kiyonari, Stuart Easton and Brookes. Brookes made a move on Easton on the tenth lap at McLaren to slot into fourth whilst Honda Racing’s Jason O’Halloran overhauled Easton to take fifth.
Clearly Ellison held an advantage over Kiyonari despite the Buildbase BMW rider trying to claw his way back. Byrne and Brookes remained behind the two front runners fighting it out for third place.
Jakub Smrz crashed out at Paddock Hill Bend, but fortunately the rider was okay. Tyco BMW’s Tommy Bridewel also crashed out, but this time at Druids followed by Peter Hickman two laps later at Clearways.
Hickman’s crashed left debris on the track at Clearways and the Nissan GT-R Safety Car had to make another appearance with two laps remaining and therefore a further three laps were added to race distance.
Despite losing his advantage, Ellison managed to hold on to the lead over the final laps, but the battle for second became a three-way fight between Kiyonari, Byrne and Brookes.
Byrne made a move on the final lap to take second as the trio exited Clearways allowing Brookes to edge Kiyonari out just before the line to bring the Milwaukee Yamaha home in third.
O’Halloran finished in fifth for the Honda Racing team ahead of Easton and Howie Mainwaring. Broc Parkes, Billy McConnell and Chris Walker completed the top ten.
Race one results:
1. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki ZX-10R (+1.368)
3. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+1.453)
4. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW (+1.479)
5. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing (+3.218)
6. Stuart Easton GBR PBM Kawasaki (+3.826)
7. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+4.503)
8. Broc Parkes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha (+5.290)
9. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW (+6.401)
10. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+7.091)
11. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+7.151)
12. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki (+7.381)
13. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW (+7.507)
14. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki (+7.628)
15. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki (+7.996)
16. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles BMW (+8.113)
17. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki (+8.255)
18. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW (+11.307)
19. Victor GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki (+11.939)
20. Daniel Johnson GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki (+18.877)
21. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki (+19.204)
22. Ian Hutchinson GBR PBM Kawasaki (+21.939)
23. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing (+1 lap)
DNF. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW
DNF. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW
DNF. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha
DNF. Michael Rutter GBR Gearlink Kawasaki
DNF. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex BMW
DNF. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki
BSB 2015: Donington Park race two results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race one results
BSB 2013: Brands Hatch race results
BSB 2013: Brands Hatch GP Race Results
BSB 2013: Championship standings after Brands Hatch GP