MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Dealership Tries To Screw Customer, CAUGHT! ON VIDEO!

for REALZ, we need to start doing this in our home (houston) and put all the dill holes out of business.

http://break.com/index/mercedes-deal...-customer.html
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!

Last edited by Chris24; 06-14-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: change title
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Smart Customer Appreciation Video 2-9-13 RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 02-13-2013 12:29 PM
Ridesmart May 12/13 Customer Appreciation Video ThomAss Video's and Photo's 0 05-17-2012 03:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
handozizle
Senior Member
 
handozizle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Marcos/Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 871


Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold








Send a message via AIM to handozizle
+1...im sick of dealerships BS. thats why i always try to avoid them
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
word! thats so crazy how the "service advisor" wears a suit. he acts sooo profesional, mr. know-it-all about your sunroof problem. the guy probably cant even change the oil in that mercedes. doubt he's ever turned a wrench in his life. i hope that guy took legal action.
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
stlal
Superman
 
stlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,310


Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior









Send a message via MSN to stlal
That really sucks...but It was only an estimate so legal action would be tough
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/amoney2
stlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











I don't know. I have to agree with a few of the comments on break.com. If something breaks on the car the dealership is expecting that the owner wants it like new again. If you're driving a MB and take it to the dealer then be prepared for a BILL. Sure someone pried the rock out of the sunroof (for $143) but who knows if a cable or motor didn't burn in the process. It may work now but in a couple of weeks maybe it wont.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict
 
buddha429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard









Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
word! thats so crazy how the "service advisor" wears a suit. he acts sooo profesional, mr. know-it-all about your sunroof problem. the guy probably cant even change the oil in that mercedes. doubt he's ever turned a wrench in his life. i hope that guy took legal action.
you're right, most service writers can't turn a wrench, but thats their job. to "advise" customers and sell jobs. most are on commission so they're always trying to sell the customer something. that's why i fix my own and **** the dealership.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
blackhalo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huffman
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 298












Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I don't know. I have to agree with a few of the comments on break.com. If something breaks on the car the dealership is expecting that the owner wants it like new again. If you're driving a MB and take it to the dealer then be prepared for a BILL. Sure someone pried the rock out of the sunroof (for $143) but who knows if a cable or motor didn't burn in the process. It may work now but in a couple of weeks maybe it wont.

umm no, i would prefer them to say "hey, it was only a rock that jammed it; it works fine now but would you like to pay 6 grand to make sure nothing didn't break and replace the whole thing?"

than you would say .... no, but if it stops working i'll come back and replace it.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #8
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhalo
umm no, i would prefer them to say "hey, it was only a rock that jammed it; it works fine now but would you like to pay 6 grand to make sure nothing didn't break and replace the whole thing?"

than you would say .... no, but if it stops working i'll come back and replace it.
:laughing6
exactly!
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:15 AM   #9
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
on top of that, i cant fathom 6500 to fix a sunroof. period.

"most" jobs on average break down to about 50% parts, 50% labor. if thats true than 6500/2=3250parts +3250 labor.

at an insane $100 an hour for labor (ok its a benz)
that comes to 32 HOURS.!??! to fix a sunroof? thats four full work days. FULL work days...four of them. i dont think so, tim.

$3250 for parts? again, nu-uh. now i could see the roof itself being overpriced at 1-2k. really overpriced, but almost (but not really) fathomable. i doubt youd have to replace the whole thing anyways, just re-do the tracks and cushions, etc...the soft stuff, i.e. rebuild it. parts for that should cost a few hundred (also if they are overpriced). electronics? think about how much electronics are on a bike, a bike wiring harness is probably 200-300 new from a dealer. at 500 the electronics for the roof on the benz would be overpriced...

no. what happened here was the service advisor straight up sized up the customer like a con artist looking at a mark. he thought to himself. hmmm...fancy italian leather shoes. imported silk tie. 24k gold cuff links...this guy probably makes 100k or more a year...i bet i can get him to bite on 6500. he'll scoff, but i bet he'll bite.

thats exactly what was going through this jerk-off's mind, too bad he didnt think that someone who makes 100k might have enough sense to take the car to a shop down the road just trying to make an honest ($143 to remove a rock, lol) living.

but hey at $70 an hour, two hours is believable to find the problem and fix it. i think the guy in the vid should have mentioned the name of the shop that found the rock! give them some good advertising.
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 AM   #10
dbonezny
BaDD NeWz
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 828


Bike(s):
non fo now









Send a message via AIM to dbonezny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
on top of that, i cant fathom 6500 to fix a sunroof. period.

"most" jobs on average break down to about 50% parts, 50% labor. if thats true than 6500/2=3250parts +3250 labor.

at an insane $100 an hour for labor (ok its a benz)
that comes to 32 HOURS.!??! to fix a sunroof? thats four full work days. FULL work days...four of them. i dont think so, tim.

$3250 for parts? again, nu-uh. now i could see the roof itself being overpriced at 1-2k. really overpriced, but almost (but not really) fathomable. i doubt youd have to replace the whole thing anyways, just re-do the tracks and cushions, etc...the soft stuff, i.e. rebuild it. parts for that should cost a few hundred (also if they are overpriced). electronics? think about how much electronics are on a bike, a bike wiring harness is probably 200-300 new from a dealer. at 500 the electronics for the roof on the benz would be overpriced...

no. what happened here was the service advisor straight up sized up the customer like a con artist looking at a mark. he thought to himself. hmmm...fancy italian leather shoes. imported silk tie. 24k gold cuff links...this guy probably makes 100k or more a year...i bet i can get him to bite on 6500. he'll scoff, but i bet he'll bite.

thats exactly what was going through this jerk-off's mind, too bad he didnt think that someone who makes 100k might have enough sense to take the car to a shop down the road just trying to make an honest ($143 to remove a rock, lol) living.

but hey at $70 an hour, two hours is believable to find the problem and fix it. i think the guy in the vid should have mentioned the name of the shop that found the rock! give them some good advertising.
It's all about the name man. I have a bmw and my sunroof just took a on me and it's going to run me roughly 1500-2000 to fix.....I told bmw and a local shop to kiss my .....

Towels FTW
__________________
Matt S. 10/07
www.myspace.com/iyaracing
dbonezny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #11
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #12
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









WE own a auto repair shop, and I have a ton of people fed up with dealers, They come in and tell me they would rather pay me to fix it right the first time than go back to the dealer 3 or 4 times and still not get fixed for free. Unfortunately there is a lot of dishonest people in the business, Sometimes things do cost a lot of money, BUT 6500.00 what a butjam.
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #13
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,466












the biggest rip of all is when shops way over charge for a/c compressors. I had a guy tell me one time that firestone told him it would be 3000 bucks to replace his a/c comp. :eh:
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
I'll tell you exactly what happened in this situation, because I have experience with MB service protocols...

1. customer comes in with the problem, moonroof not functioning/jammed
2. technician hooks car up to MB diagnostic computer, runs function test on moonroof. it fails
3. the tech probably did one quick look at the moonroof, but didn't take off headliner to examine closely.
4. no visual damage (that he saw), fails function test, replace moonroof.
5. service writer calls customer tells him what's going on


now, if the dealership was fairly honest, when removing/replacing the roof, they would have then found the rock, and if the technician was honest, he'd inform the service writer that the rock was the problem afterall, and a new moonroof assembly isnt needed after all. but since he took the vehicle somewhere else, we'll never know if the dealership was that honest or not.


and to those complaining about the price...a new moonroof, from the dealer, runs about 5700 dollars.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #15
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,009

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



probably quite possible^^^^
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
I'll tell you exactly what happened in this situation, because I have experience with MB service protocols...

1. customer comes in with the problem, moonroof not functioning/jammed
2. technician hooks car up to MB diagnostic computer, runs function test on moonroof. it fails
3. the tech probably did one quick look at the moonroof, but didn't take off headliner to examine closely.
4. no visual damage (that he saw), fails function test, replace moonroof.
5. service writer calls customer tells him what's going on


now, if the dealership was fairly honest, when removing/replacing the roof, they would have then found the rock, and if the technician was honest, he'd inform the service writer that the rock was the problem afterall, and a new moonroof assembly isnt needed after all. but since he took the vehicle somewhere else, we'll never know if the dealership was that honest or not.


and to those complaining about the price...a new moonroof, from the dealer, runs about 5700 dollars.
+1 on this one
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
on top of that, i cant fathom 6500 to fix a sunroof. period.

"most" jobs on average break down to about 50% parts, 50% labor. if thats true than 6500/2=3250parts +3250 labor.

I would say some jobs, it all depends on the car.
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy
 
Slowkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 791












Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
Eh, $100+/hr is the standard rate around town.

You think that $300 9 piece set of Snap-on wrenches pays for itself?
__________________
2003 GSX-R 750
Slowkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #19
aznhero913
J.D.
 
aznhero913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,184

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)







this should be on every news channel and a big billboard put in front of the dealership
__________________
AZN1
aznhero913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #20
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkat
Eh, $100+/hr is the standard rate around town.

You think that $300 9 piece set of Snap-on wrenches pays for itself?
nope. the mechanic pays for them. and he doesnt get near as much of that labor rate as he deserves. :eh:
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy