MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Rossi and Lorenzo explain CoTA does not suit the YZRM1

The two long straights are weak points for us says the Italian

Rossi and Lorenzo explain CoTA does not suit the YZRM1

MOVISTAR Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi has explained the YZR-M1 does not suit the Circuit of The America’s and team-mate Jorge Lorenzo agrees.

After a spectacular win for Rossi in Qatar, the nine-time World Champion is hoping to continue his form in Austin, Texas at the Circuit of The America’s, but has explained that the circuit itself does not suit the Yamaha YZR-M1.

“Beginning the championship with a victory is really nice, but now we must try to be just as competitive as we were in Qatar everywhere else,” explained Rossi.

“Austin is not our favourite track. Although the track is very modern and I really like some corners, the two long straights are weak points for us. Our opponents are strong, but it’s also true that our bike has made major improvements.

“I’m happy with my feelings on the YZR-M1. We will work hard to find the best possible solution, as we did at Losail. After the victory in Qatar we are all very motivated and we are ready for another weekend. I would like to get on the podium. It won‘t be easy, but we will try!”

Rossi’s Movistar Yamaha team-mate, Lorenzo, also expressed the same thoughts about the YZR-M1 around the Austin circuit.

“Now I’m just focusing on the next race in Austin. I look forward to racing there once again, even if usually it’s not a track that suits our bike," said Lorenzo.

“In the past I was able to get on the podium so I want to do my best in Texas and try to keep as focused as I was in Qatar. I’m eager to race as soon as possible because I feel very fit and mentally strong.

“Hopefully we can do a better job than last year because both me and the bike have improved and maybe also the new tyres give us a chance to fight for the race. From my side, I’m going to push at the maximum."

Lorenzo started off the first round of the 2015 MotoGP Championship in good form until he lost half of his vision due to a helmet malfunction in the latter stages of the Qatar GP and was forced to settle for fourth.

However, despite a difficult first race and a difficult race in Austin last year, Lorenzo is ready to fight for a podium place once again.

Related Content

Rossi: 'The only negative thing was the speed of Marc and Dani'
Rossi and Lorenzo make 'strong start' at Sepang
MotoGP Valencia test times - day one
MotoGP Valencia test times - day two
MotoGP Valencia test times - day three

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote