Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-06-2015, 04:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Donington Park race 2 results
Reigning British Superbike Champion Byrne takes race two victory
REIGNING British Superbike Champion Shane ‘Shakey Byrne’ took the race two victory at Donington Park after fending off Honda Racing’s Dan Linfoot.
Byrne led the field into Redgate on the opening lap whilst Stuart Easton, Linfoot and Ryuichi Kiyonari followed closely behind as well as Josh Brookes. Linfoot piled on the pressure to take the lead on the fifth lap from Byrne.
Buildbase BMW’s Kiyonari suffered a bad high-side on lap six leaving him out of contention. Despite being battered and bruised, the Japanese rider was okay. Kiyonari’s crash caused Brookes to run off track, which dropped him down the order, but eventually finished in 6th.
At the front, Linfoot was defending well despite Byrne pushing him hard. Lap 11 saw Byrne take the edge, but the pair were inseparable. Easton waited behind in case an advantageous opportunity arose.
Linfoot, who was strong on the brakes into the Esses, regained the lead a few laps later from Byrne, but they were side-by-side into Melbourne and Byrne exited the hairpin first.
Lap 17 saw the pair scrapping and changing positions as they went charging to the finish line as Linfoot attacked at Hollywood before Byrne reclaimed the lead before the Old Hairpin.
On the last lap decider Byrne held the position and despite Linfoot’s best efforts he was forced to settle for second place, Easton third.
Unfortunately, race one winner James Ellison had battery issues with his JG Speedfit Kawasaki meaning he was forced to start from the back of the grid, but the Kendal rider eventually finished 12th.
Peter Hickman scored an impressive fourth place for the RAF Reserves BMW whilst Christian Iddon finished in fifth on the Bennetts Suzuki.
Race two results:
1. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki
2. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +0.589
3. Stuart Easton GBR PBM Kawasaki +1.331
4. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +3.343
5. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +4.239
6. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +5.327
7. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +8.786
8. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +9.311
9. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +10.931
10. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki +11.346
11. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +18.093
12. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +18.642
13. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +18.792
14. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +19.893
15. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +19.996
16. Robbie Harms DEN MotoDex BMW +25.685
17. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +26.394
18. Ian Hutchinson GBR PBM Kawasaki +26.655
19. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +26.939
20. Danny Johnson GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +41.265
21. Victor GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +47.297
22. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles BMW +53.457
23. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki +54.239
24. Jakub Smrz CZE Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +54.484
25. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +1:03.759
26. David Johnson AUS MotoDex BMW +1:16.585
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki
DNF. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha
DNF. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW
DNF. Broc Parkes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
DNF. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 1 results
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 2 results
BSB 2013: Oulton Park race results
BSB 2014: Oulton Park race 3 results
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race one results