MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #61
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
That group is the bottom feeders of the sport bike community.
I'm still waiting on my invite to the drama-rama. Lol
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overdose: The next financial Crisis morvegil The Circus 3 10-13-2010 03:14 PM
Donations needed for a Fallen Rider and a Fallen Officer. PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-23-2010 11:13 AM
Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis bunxx Off Topic 1 03-02-2009 05:16 PM
HOW THE DEMOCRATS CREATED THE FINANCIAL CRISIS FastLine The Circus 9 10-01-2008 12:14 AM
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis: Kevin Hassett RACER X The Circus 27 09-25-2008 07:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #62
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
I see where you're coming from OP. I'm in the Houston Bikers FB group and you see it all the time.
One week they're all "Let's kill deez streetzzz #bikelife" and the next week it's gofundme and please donate because squid vicious only had liability and now he's bikeless and jobless with a family to feed.

You shouldn't burden other people due to your own lack of responsibility.
I don't think he was saying that, perhaps I misread. But yeah every rider should have medical insurance of some sort. Even then, it doesn't cover everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False View Post
Maximum out of pocket for current plans is 6,600 or less.
This was 10 years ago...way before ACA/ObamaCare. $9,400 Helicopter ride, not covered, $11,000 air ambulance to transport to Houston from Arkansas not covered...first 2 weeks in the ICU in Arkansas was nearly $700,000...I was in ICU for 1.5 months in Houston at ~$10,000/per day and had close to 30 surgeries in there. Then I have had numerous surgeries since then...I think I know a great deal about the medical and insurance than most here. I have a pump that has to be refilled every 58 days at a cost of $3000 just for the medicine that goes in it. I am happy though, after ACA, my annual bill went from $30-40,000 per year to a max out of pocket of $8000 for my family plan. Once I hit $8000, usually in the first month of the year, I am free the rest of the year. The only thing that sucks now is that I cannot get enough deductions to itemize on my taxes. But its ok, It still comes out cheaper after ACA...just the high deductibles suck. I used to hit $1500 then pay 20% after that. In my case the ACA saves me money but the majority of the people it over cause the chances of a person hitting the max annually or even the deductible is few and far between. It's like it has become catastrophic insurance for most people now.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #63
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
I'm still waiting on my invite to the drama-rama. Lol
I tried. I can't friend you. It's the only way I can put you in.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #64
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Wtf is a ludafisk plate?
It's very similar to lutefisk or lutfisk
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #65
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Yeah, generally speaking, no "apples to apples" comparison there, right?

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #66
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
It's very similar to lutefisk or lutfisk
always knew this guy ^ wasn't born in Texas.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #67
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
You guys are acting like a bunch of crybaby with this whole obamacare thing.
Not unlike a certain out-of-stater and his feelings towards HCTRA

At least you don't get fined if YOU DON'T get on the toll road
Old 04-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #68
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
always knew this guy ^ wasn't born in Texas.
My knowledge extends beyond the borders and I'm 100% native
Old 04-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #69
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Not unlike a certain out-of-stater and his feelings towards HCTRA

At least you don't get fined if YOU DON'T get on the toll road
It's actually a similar scenario only since it's affecting you, it's okay for you to cry about it.

That's part of my point is that you guys are being hypocritical...

Yeah bro your attitude toward obamacare is the same as mine toward the toll road, only when I complain about it, I'm whining, but when you complain it's just you being patriotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I don't think he was saying that, perhaps I misread. But yeah every rider should have medical insurance of some sort. Even then, it doesn't cover everything.

This was 10 years ago...way before ACA/ObamaCare. $9,400 Helicopter ride, not covered, $11,000 air ambulance to transport to Houston from Arkansas not covered...first 2 weeks in the ICU in Arkansas was nearly $700,000...I was in ICU for 1.5 months in Houston at ~$10,000/per day and had close to 30 surgeries in there. Then I have had numerous surgeries since then...I think I know a great deal about the medical and insurance than most here. I have a pump that has to be refilled every 58 days at a cost of $3000 just for the medicine that goes in it. I am happy though, after ACA, my annual bill went from $30-40,000 per year to a max out of pocket of $8000 for my family plan. Once I hit $8000, usually in the first month of the year, I am free the rest of the year. The only thing that sucks now is that I cannot get enough deductions to itemize on my taxes. But its ok, It still comes out cheaper after ACA...just the high deductibles suck. I used to hit $1500 then pay 20% after that. In my case the ACA saves me money but the majority of the people it over cause the chances of a person hitting the max annually or even the deductible is few and far between. It's like it has become catastrophic insurance for most people now.

I still don't see how it completely over a majority of people. Yeah they pay more, but if something like what happens to you happens to them, they are covered. Why even have insurance if it's not available when the hits the fan?
I have a chronic condition myself and that is likely why I pay less now. When I was in my earlier 20's I thought insurance was bull , but it's a good thing I finally did sign up for something before my health took a turn for the worst.

I see it as people being selfish honestly...

"Poor me, I have to pay for health insurance now and the guy/kid who is dying of chronic disease and actually has coverage. That little kid has tread upon me. What has this country come to?

The guy with serious chronic medical problems isn't having to spend every dime he makes on health care and as a result, I might have to pay a 500 dollar tax penalty for not having insurance? What a bunch of bullshit! This is AMERICA! How can this be!? "

Last edited by Flip Flop; 04-06-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #70
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
It's actually a similar scenario only since it's affecting you, it's okay for you to cry about it.

That's part of my point is that you guys are being hypocritical...

I still don't see how it completely over a majority of people. Yeah they pay more, but if something like what happens to you happens to them, they are covered. Why even have insurance if it's not available when the hits the fan?
I have a chronic condition myself and that is likely why I pay less now. When I was in my earlier 20's I thought insurance was bull , but it's a good thing I finally did sign up for something before my health took a turn for the worst.

I see it as people being selfish honestly...

"Poor me, I have to pay for health insurance now and the guy/kid who is dying of chronic disease and actually has coverage. That little kid has tread upon me. What has this country come to?

The guy with serious chronic medical problems isn't having to spend every dime he makes on health care and as a result, I might have to pay a 500 dollar tax penalty for not having insurance? What a bunch of bullshit! This is AMERICA! How can this be!? "

Yeah bro you attitude toward obamacare is the same as mine toward the toll road, but when I complain about it, I'm whining, but when you complain it's just you being patriotic
Haha. Remember that question i told you to ask people when you first meet them, that will tell you all you need to know about them? It really is provoking...
Old 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #71
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post

So its safe to say on this issue, obama for the win.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #72
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Haha. Remember that question i told you to ask people when you first meet them, that will tell you all you need to know about them? It really is provoking...
Dude it works I have used that technique at least three times and it is very telling.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #73
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
So its safe to say on this issue, obama for the win.
Considering that the state-wide system that was set up under Romney was actually more progressive than the ACA that was put in place nationally under Obama, I don't think it would've mattered who was president, but he is a convenient scapegoat if you're against it.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #74
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Which question is that?
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #75
green600
HG Chairperson

cut or uncut

Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #76
green600
HG Chairperson

wait not sure who that is but someone on here.

Liked this post:
Old 04-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #77
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
cut or uncut
Old 04-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #78
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

FYI the question is(something you would ask when trying to get a feel for someones general persona):

"What do you think about Obamacare?"
Old 04-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #79
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
FYI the question is(something you would ask when trying to get a feel for someones general persona):

"What do you think about Obamacare?"
solid

Old 04-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #80
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

It's unfortunate, but so far every time I've asked it, the dumb just start going off about how much Obama sucks and they don't even talk about Obamacare.

Advertisement