Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 04:21 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Double podium for Ducati Team a special result

Exceptional race debut for the new Ducati Desmosedici GP15

Double podium for Ducati Team a special result
Ducati team in Parc Fermé.

THE DUCATI team is celebrating after both Andrea Dovizoso and Andrea Iannone finished on the podium at the first MotoGP race of 2015 in Qatar.

Under the floodlights at the Losail International Circuit, Dovizioso started from pole position and took the lead during the opening lap.

Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo battled with Dovizioso for the lead until lap 18, when his pace appeared to drop and his team-mate Valentino Rossi appeared.

On the penultimate lap, the battle for the lead saw Dovizioso and Rossi exchange places numerous times, with the Ducati rider attacking for the win. Dovizioso had to settle for second, 0.174s behind Rossi.

Dovizioso said: 'This is a special result for Ducati and for me, after everything we have been through in the last few years, and it rewards the work that we have done together to arrive at this point. I never expected to be so competitive in the first race, and it really is an extraordinary result.

'I want to thank all the engineers and the people in Bologna, who managed to get the bike ready in time for the Sepang two tests, the mechanics who have worked so hard this weekend and all the guys in Ducati Corse for the commitment they have demonstrated with this project.

'Iannone and I managed to get two podiums for Ducati and that’s a great result, but above all now I believe that this is only a starting-point for the future.'

Iannone wasn’t far behind his team-mate as he fought to stay in podium contention after being passed by Rossi on lap 12. As Lorenzo’s pace dropped due to helmet issues, Iannone took advantage and gained his first-ever MotoGP career podium, only two seconds down on Rossi.

Speaking at Qatar, Iannone said: 'I am very pleased with this result: it is my first podium in MotoGP and it’s really incredible to have done it on my debut race as a factory Ducati rider.

'Dovi and I finished second and third with the new GP15 bikes, and I didn’t expect to be so competitive so soon in the first race, so it really is a fantastic sensation. Back home the guys in Ducati Corse have done a great job this winter, and I owe a lot to them.

'Since 2013 I have had the support of this great company, which has helped me to improve and which has taught me a lot of things, and so I would like to dedicate my first podium to all of them.

'A big thanks to everyone in Ducati, to Gigi Dall’Igna, to Claudio Domenicali and all the people who work with me.'

Related Content

Ducati finish day two second and fifth
MotoGP 2015: Qatar race results
Dovizioso v Hayden: what 0.01 secs looks like
Qatar MotoGP test times - day one
Ducati offers for Dovizioso

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote