MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 AM   #101
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Intermediate track day rider? I'm certainly not the fastest but also not intermediate.

I said washed up has been in motogp and the fact that he hasn't done anything worth mentioning in 9 years I think it's pretty accurate. Was he the top ducati while he was there? What about 2007-2008 while he was still with repsol Honda? Not to mention no one seems to care that they took bones out of his wrist. Just like football, you tear an acl and no one will touch you.
What would you call yourself, then? Riding level 3 doesn't make you advanced, anyone can enter that. You're basically the definition of intermediate. It's not a bad thing, a spade is a spade.

His last year on Honda he could barely fit on the bike that was designed around Dani. He didn't have the same equipment which had already been mentioned. He was faster than Rossi on the duc pretty often, not sure if you know Rossi just won on a competitive bike. 2010 he beat Stoner a few times. You know, the rider who many consider to be the best ever.
He beat Dovi a few times as well, the guy who almost won last weekend. I'd bet if Nicky were to announce that he wanted to move to sbk, he'd have the top factory teams to choose from, he was getting offers from them before he signed with Aspar. Factory teams don't go after washed up has beens though, I guess.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 AM   #102
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
He was pretty consistently the top rcv1000 rider.
Negative, Scott Redding was who finished the season on 81 points compared to NH's 47!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:18 AM   #103
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Honda's RCV 1000R 'customer' MotoGP, available via HRC. I'm sure they would gladly sell you one if you have enough cash.

Nicky is on the third tier of Honda bikes racing MotoGP. Again, how is he going to miracle himself up to a podium riding that? There is nothing competitive about a 1000cc Honda racebike this side of the complete factory backed RC213V sponsored by Repsol in ANY race series. That was my point.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that some of you can't show a bit more love/respect to a former World Champion who is American! tsk tsk
This!
Old 04-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #104
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Negative, Scott Redding was who finished the season on 81 points compared to NH's 47!
Nicky took a good chunk of the season off for wrist surgeries. The races he was in, he was consistently the top guy.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:21 AM   #105
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
What would you call yourself, then? Riding level 3 doesn't make you advanced, anyone can enter that. You're basically the definition of intermediate. It's not a bad thing, a spade is a spade.

His last year on Honda he could barely fit on the bike that was designed around Dani. and Redding is way bigger than Nicky He didn't have the same equipment which had already been mentioned. He was faster than Rossi on the duc pretty often, not sure if you know Rossi just won on a competitive bike. 2010 he beat Stoner a few times. You know, the rider who many consider to be the best ever.
He beat Dovi a few times as well, the guy who almost won last weekend. I'd bet if Nicky were to announce that he wanted to move to sbk, he'd have the top factory teams to choose from, he was getting offers from them before he signed with Aspar. Factory teams don't go after washed up has beens though, I guess.
As long as he didn't choose Honda he'd be competitive imo
Old 04-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #106
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Nicky took a good chunk of the season off for wrist surgeries. The races he was in, he was consistently the top guy.
I'm with you, he had a difficult season, is he at his best -NO, is he worthy of a Repsol Factory one off ride at one of his home rounds, yeah.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 AM   #107
ArkansasDave

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Honda's RCV 1000R 'customer' MotoGP, available via HRC. I'm sure they would gladly sell you one if you have enough cash.

Nicky is on the third tier of Honda bikes racing MotoGP. Again, how is he going to miracle himself up to a podium riding that? There is nothing competitive about a 1000cc Honda racebike this side of the complete factory backed RC213V sponsored by Repsol in ANY race series. That was my point.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that some of you can't show a bit more love/respect to a former World Champion who is American! tsk tsk
I believe he is currently on an rc213v just like Scott redding who finished above him. He has only won 3 races in his entire 12 year career and that was being on repsol for 5 years. He might not of had the same equipment as dani but that doesn't mean his bike was uncompetitive. I never said he should be winning on his bike but compared to other bikes similar to his he really hasn't done that great.

I'm not gonna suck his and say he deserves to be on repsol Honda just because he is American. If he was a better rider he would have a better ride.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #108
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Casey Stoner taking Pedro's ride for Austin GP. It is on!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #109
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
I believe he is currently on an rc213v just like Scott redding who finished above him. He has only won 3 races in his entire 12 year career and that was being on repsol for 5 years. He might not of had the same equipment as dani but that doesn't mean his bike was uncompetitive. I never said he should be winning on his bike but compared to other bikes similar to his he really hasn't done that great.

I'm not gonna suck his and say he deserves to be on repsol Honda just because he is American. If he was a better rider he would have a better ride.
Redding is on a full factory RC213 this year.

Wow, Colin Edwards must have been by your logic, how did he last so long?????
Old 04-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #110
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:

His last year on Honda he could barely fit on the bike that was designed around Dani. He didn't have the same equipment which had already been mentioned. He was faster than Rossi on the duc pretty often, not sure if you know Rossi just won on a competitive bike. 2010 he beat Stoner a few times. You know, the rider who many consider to be the best ever.
I'd call my self a novice club level racer with several 4th place finishes with mostly only experts ahead of me in my first year of doing it.

I said washed up motogp rider, which they always go to wsbk and win, cue max biaggi. If he was a top level rider he wouldn't have gotten not invited to back to Honda or ducati. Motogp factory teams don't want him and I can see why. He doesn't win races no matter what bike he is on.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #111
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
Casey Stoner taking Pedro's ride for Austin GP. It is on!!!!!!!!!!!!
04/01/2015

For a blip of a second there.......................
Old 04-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #112
BuckNut
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda GP.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	84783  
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #113
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Quote:
04/01/2015

For a blip of a second there.......................
Oh No.........I forgot what day it is,,,,,,,,,,,,bwaaaaahahahahahah
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #114
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Redding is on a full factory RC213 this year.

Wow, Colin Edwards must have been by your logic, how did he last so long?????
I wouldn't recommend him to take rossis spot, I don't he has deserved a factory spot in a long time. He had decent results for the bike he has been on last few years. Just like Nicky doesn't deserve arguably the best bike in motogp, which is all I'm saying.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #115
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Guess with the few track days you have done in the expert group you know everything...

Man, not even fun arguing with ignorance.
That pic is confusing, Redding is riding a factory bike this year. Bautista's bike from last year.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #116
BuckNut
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #117
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
I'd call my self a novice club level racer with several 4th place finishes with mostly only experts ahead of me in my first year of doing it.

I said washed up motogp rider, which they always go to wsbk and win, cue max biaggi. If he was a top level rider he wouldn't have gotten not invited to back to Honda or ducati. Motogp factory teams don't want him and I can see why. He doesn't win races no matter what bike he is on.
Weird. I see no Dave's in the top 20 in either B or C class in either round this season.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #118
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
That is what Honda says who is riding what equipment. Nicky is definitely on the third tier bike.
Agreed but Redding is on a Factory bike this year, not the Open class production Honda
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #119
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Guess with the few track days you have done in the expert group you know everything...

Man, not even fun arguing with ignorance.
How many track days do you think the motogp commentators have done and how do you think that affects their ability to commentate on racing? It's funny how everyone that my ability as a rider is somehow connected to Hayden not providing good results for 9 years.

But then again Nicky is so good, teams with competitive bikes are kicking down his door to sign him. You guys brought up his wrist injury and that's why he finished poorly last year. Well guess what it's still injured and still a liability for any team to hire him.

Phone is being retarded and won't post the link but Honda is expecting Pedrosa to race in Austin.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #120
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Weird. I see no Dave's in the top 20 in either B or C class in either round this season.
Weird, I don't remember saying I race in B or C classes. Check lightweight sprints. You can also check my lwe endurance team lcr/misfit.

Advertisement