MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #881
Classax
Objective Observer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Dude, compared to the last two years, the 2015 Honda had issues. You realize first they tried changing the swingarm and then on MM's bike switched back to the 2014 frame.

Thought you were inferring that this was exclusively MM's race strategy. Make up your mind
It's MotoGP, the development never stops with tweaking and counter tweaking and battle with the law of unintended consequences. Part of what makes it fun.

All that banging is common in Moto3 and 2. The guys calm way down when they get to the big show, partly because of risk due to the bikes being on the ragged edge and partly due to it cost so much time. MM is so quick he employs it as an overall part of his racing because he has the skills to mostly get away with it. He's not the only one,but we're discussing him because A) it cause the Sepang incident and b) it impacted the championship.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #882
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
It's MotoGP, the development never stops with tweaking and counter tweaking and battle with the law of unintended consequences. Part of what makes it fun.

All that banging is common in Moto3 and 2. The guys calm way down when they get to the big show, partly because of risk due to the bikes being on the ragged edge and partly due to it cost so much time. MM is so quick he employs it as an overall part of his racing because he has the skills to mostly get away with it. He's not the only one,but we're discussing him because A) it cause the Sepang incident and b) it impacted the championship.
Rossi caused all that with his Spanish conspiracy theory BS but gave Iannone a pass who he was in a dog fight with, was hit by, and beaten by in Australia.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #883
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
MM vs VR made for some great racing as DP and JL road away at the front. To after the first four laps it was clear that neither MM nor VR were going to be content with following the other to the front to contend for second. They both wanted a podium and wanted to secure it early. MM was really aggressive on several of those passes but was also making mistakes and holding VR up in a few spots.

VR's move to intentionally run him wide was just plain un- unsafe, unprofessional, unsportmanlike, and unnecessary. MM tried to turn in anyway initiating the contact which cause VR to buck him off just as anyone of us would. So I don't blame VR for the kick but he lost cool points for being an on track punk about being raced hard.

Mean while my man JL99(love his riding style, but the guy is kind of a whiner) smoothly walks away with the championship.
Quote:
Technically, two of any similar items are a couple, 3 or more of any similar items can be considered a "few", but the exact number that constitutes a "few" is relative to and inversely proportional to what the user considers to be "many". Ie while there are tens of thousands of brown dwarf "stars" in the known universe, they represent only a very "few" of the billions of celestial bodies that exceed the 13 Juno masses cut off for stellar ignition.

I think it was a simple matter of them both being strong in different parts of the track and MM was racing hard, but perhaps a little too aggressively and VR shouldn't have expected anyone to play dead so he could chase the number 1 plate, and pulled a punk move. That said I can understand anyone wanting some racing room and MM was giving him none. Still it was a punk move but that's racing. Both guys were on the edge and little love tap was enough for MM who was already on the brakes to lock up the front and crash.
Quote:
I forgot, it was a Honda, so yea they slow down by twisting the throttle

VR was intentionally slowing to run MM wide, who was also braking to apex, notice the compressed forks of both bikes. MM goes to turn in but there's a bike in the way, no matter MM thinks to himself, I'll just give a nudge and force him to turn in. VR gives the normal reflex reaction of "get off me man" with the knee, MM squeezes a little more brake after catching a knee puck to the visor and locks the front. Down goes MM. VR's foot comes off the peg a bit. VR intentionally running MM wide was Bush league. MM trying to turn in anyway when he could clearly see a bike there was Bush league also. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes. It was worth it for either one of them.

Said it all like 12 pages ago.... VR and MM both bare some blame.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #884
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Said it all like 12 pages ago.... VR and MM both bare some blame.
MM is to be blamed for what, trying to win a race he qualified for?

That's as silly as a Spanish conspiracy
Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #885
jifffy

Quote:
MM is to be blamed for what, trying to win a race he qualified for?

That's as silly as a Spanish conspiracy
Blinded by faith
jifffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #886
kenup283

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
CtONGKm

^^^and since we're reviewing definitions, THIS SH*T... is NOT racing...
How come you left out the first page where they say Rossi is a little for bringing it to the CAS in the first place.

I'm sure that's all Lorenzo wanted to say. The judge only said don't worry you don't have too.

Rossi cleverly waited to the fith and final day to appeal to CAS just to make sure no one else could counter.

Rossi took this battle off track from the moment he opened his mouth in Sepang press conference. He has continued it straight through and after Valencia and who knows he and his fans will probably never let it go.

Lorenzo here is focused on facing and fighting his closest competion on all venues wherever the fight is taken. Had Rossi kept it on track and had a similar focus then they'd have been no excusses.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #887
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Breaking News

Marquez just posted an admission on FB. Allow me to translate it:

"So, that skinny old Valentino make accusations about me in press conference after he shook my hand and congratulate me in Australia. This hurt me because for years he my hero.

I come up with plan to deny his championship. I tell Dani, 'We do this for Spain. Our Hondas will be strong at the end of the race as the Yamahas fade. I will keep pace with Jorge.' I have Dani stay back and wait for Val. If Val come then Dani is to battle him and keep him away from the lead. If Val not able to challenge then Dani is to give Val something to remember, to show him that we are faster than Jorge but not pass him and deny Val his championship.

So it worked out perfectly. Dani catch us as he is faster than Jorge and so he pass me. I pass Dani to prove I'm faster than Dani. We do not pass Jorge and not give Val the championship. Now we give Valentino something to cry about."
Old 11-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #888
spidermanfreak2

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600RR

Quote:
Marquez just posted an admission on FB. Allow me to translate it:

"So, that skinny old Valentino make accusations about me in press conference after he shook my hand and congratulate me in Australia. This hurt me because for years he my hero.

I come up with plan to deny his championship. I tell Dani, 'We do this for Spain. Our Hondas will be strong at the end of the race as the Yamahas fade. I will keep pace with Jorge.' I have Dani stay back and wait for Val. If Val come then Dani is to battle him and keep him away from the lead. If Val not able to challenge then Dani is to give Val something to remember, to show him that we are faster than Jorge but not pass him and deny Val his championship.

So it worked out perfectly. Dani catch us as he is faster than Jorge and so he pass me. I pass Dani to prove I'm faster than Dani. We do not pass Jorge and not give Val the championship. Now we give Valentino something to cry about."
WTF!
Is this legit?
spidermanfreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #889
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanfreak2 View Post
WTF!
Is this legit?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #890
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Here's old footage someone thought to dig out of the VHS archives... Look familiar?

Last edited by kenup283; 11-14-2015 at 01:48 AM.
kenup283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #891
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanfreak2 View Post
WTF!
Is this legit?
Seriously? This is Bevoland
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:38 PM   #892
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Here's old footage someone thought to dig out of the VHS archives... Look familiar?

Well that dirty
Old 11-15-2015, 03:50 PM   #893
kenup283

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

you might appritate this one too then. I took it from our thread on here from several years back titled, how long till Marquez kills someone...

Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #894
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
you might appritate this one too then. I took it from our thread on here from several years back titled, how long till Marquez kills someone...

http://youtu.be/PG6F22eztjc
Kids

Wish someone would translate
Old 11-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #895
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Livio Suppo hopes calm heads prevail and that Valentino Rossi 'will understand Honda and Marc Marquez are not against him' following an acrimonious end to a thrilling MotoGP season.
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225...ChQi65Jjtx5.99

Advertisement