MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2015, 12:39 PM   #821
Classax
Objective Observer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So you read the entire article related to DP?

Yes and I also saw the race.

This
"“I entered the turn and ran wide and Marc could pass me again but I am very happy because although it is third place, I take home this attitude because of the way of finishing this season – the progression of it and overcoming this hard situation in this year, which was really tough." - PD

is more about sportsmanship and trying to make sure things are solid for keeping his ride, than it is about the racing.

Wide there is relative, he wasn't on the best line, Did he leave the door ajar? I guess so but the pass MM made could have crashed them both. There was no need for the resulting MM initiated contact (AGAIN). Much like many of the passes on Rossi in Sepang, it was not necessary and petulant.

I'm not a Rossi fanboy. I don't hate MM, MM is just a reckless rider, its who he is, what gets him to the front and what make him exciting to watch. It also makes him a risk to other riders. Smart money would have been to tag onto PD let him attack JL which would have further slowed their already slowing pace, cooled the tires and gave you a chance at nicking them both for the win. ( I mean if you were actually trying to win)
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #822
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Yes and I also saw the race.

This
"“I entered the turn and ran wide and Marc could pass me again but I am very happy because although it is third place, I take home this attitude because of the way of finishing this season – the progression of it and overcoming this hard situation in this year, which was really tough." - PD

is more about sportsmanship and trying to make sure things are solid for keeping his ride, than it is about the racing.

Wide there is relative, he wasn't on the best line, Did he leave the door ajar? I guess so but the pass MM made could have crashed them both. There was no need for the resulting MM initiated contact (AGAIN). Much like many of the passes on Rossi in Sepang, it was not necessary and petulant.

I'm not a Rossi fanboy. I don't hate MM, MM is just a reckless rider, its who he is, what gets him to the front and what make him exciting to watch. It also makes him a risk to other riders. Smart money would have been to tag onto PD let him attack JL which would have further slowed their already slowing pace, cooled the tires and gave you a chance at nicking them both for the win. ( I mean if you were actually trying to win)
Coulda shoulda

Quote:
“I started to recover and at the same time they were a little bit dropping the pace and I catch and I checked my board and there was two laps to go only. I attacked, but maybe because of the recovery I was still too hot [tyres] and I didn't settle my mind so well,” he said.

“In the end I could recover doing the perfect riding, but I don't think Valentino can tell how I was feeling on the bike.”
But Classax surely can
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #823
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Coulda shoulda

But Classax surely can

Finally we're getting somewhere! Just keep reminding yourself Classax is probably right and we won't need 20 pages to get the answers.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #824
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Finally we're getting somewhere! Just keep reminding yourself Classax is probably right and we won't need 20 pages to get the answers.
The only thing you've been right about is buying that EBR... oh wait
Old 11-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #825
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

You mean in buying a bike that fits my 6'4 frame, and riding style and allowed me to confidently and safely drop 30plus seconds from my laptimes this year. It's not your fault, the herd mentality is strong in you, cattle are like, that. Leave the complex rational thought to those of us who can actually do it for ourselves.

I reiterate, MM has talent but his passes are often dirty and dangerous, reflecting a level of childish immaturity matched only by some of the post in this thread.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #826
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
You mean in buying a bike that fits my 6'4 frame, and riding style and allowed me to confidently and safely drop 30plus seconds from my laptimes this year. It's not your fault, the herd mentality is strong in you, cattle are like, that. Leave the complex rational thought to those of us who can actually do it for ourselves.
Make sure you use those selling points when you try to sell or trade in that bike
Quote:
I reiterate, MM has talent but his passes are often dirty and dangerous, reflecting a level of childish immaturity matched only by some of the post in this thread.
And apparently a liar just like J-Lo, Pedrosa and Yamaha's Managing Director Lin Jarvis

Even CMRA guys say rubbin' is racin'. Marquez get penalized this year for causing another to crash? Now who's dirty?
Old 11-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #827
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Why would I WANT sell or trade a bike that works for me.

They're also required to avoid unnecessary contact.

I never called anyone a liar. DP chose focus on the positives, that doesn't mean there are no negatives. That type of limited logic is why you're happy riding what you do, and can't see why I enjoy riding what I do.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #828
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Why would I WANT sell or trade a bike that works for me.

They're also required to avoid unnecessary contact.

I never called anyone a liar. DP chose focus on the positives, that doesn't mean there are no negatives. That type of limited logic is why you're happy riding what you do, and can't see why I enjoy riding what I do.
So you know what they're thinking and whether or not they're struggling with their bikes?

“Only the rider knows the problems they have on the bike. So I don't know if [Marquez] was on the limit, over the limit, or if he control the race” - Andrea Dovizioso

I'm glad you're happy with your bike
Old 11-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #829
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

I'm saying DP was much quicker than both JL and MM at the end. Upon being passed with ease, MM pulled off a very risky pass that cost both riders time and result in contact again. Rossi passed 21 guys and didn't contact one of them. MM is a great talent but he's wreckless. That's all I'm saying.

and Thanks. I got to hook up you guys on a Sat ride.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #830
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mmjl.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	89497  
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #831
KuroRazgriz
Trackday Noob

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki SV650S SEGA Edition GP Shift :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
*insert Whitney Houston song 'I Always Love You' song here*
Old 11-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #832
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #833
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm saying DP was much quicker than both JL and MM at the end. Upon being passed with ease, MM pulled off a very risky pass that cost both riders time and result in contact again. Rossi passed 21 guys and didn't contact one of them. MM is a great talent but he's wreckless. That's all I'm saying.

and Thanks. I got to hook up you guys on a Sat ride.
Where's the contact?

Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #834
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Where's the contact?

WHAT??!?! Dude, MM turns into the passing DP at the 13 seconds mark instead of conceding what would have been a clean pass. He then tucks under DB on the inside afterwards and lets it drift out wide making contact with DP again at the 22 second mark. It's not shake the bike to the deck contact, but they are clearly rubbing (which is racing some say, but in both case the contact is avoidable and in both cases MM is looking at a bike in FRONT of him when he drives to contact.) nothing to get upset about. I'd call them both a racing incident but I have to say it again. Rossi passed 21 guys without rubbing one of them. MM makes contact TWICE in less than 10 seconds, first refusing to concede a clean pass and then in retaking the position and forcing the other rider out wide because he(MM) couldn't/wouldn't hold his line tight enough to make the pass and not hit the other rider he dove inside of. In both cases it could have resulted in a crash for one or both. MM is reckless.
Liked this post:
Old 11-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #835
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
WHAT??!?! Dude, MM turns into the passing DP at the 13 seconds mark instead of conceding what would have been a clean pass. He then tucks under DB on the inside afterwards and lets it drift out wide making contact with DP again at the 22 second mark. It's not shake the bike to the deck contact, but they are clearly rubbing (which is racing some say, but in both case the contact is avoidable and in both cases MM is looking at a bike in FRONT of him when he drives to contact.) nothing to get upset about. I'd call them both a racing incident but I have to say it again. Rossi passed 21 guys without rubbing one of them. MM makes contact TWICE in less than 10 seconds, first refusing to concede a clean pass and then in retaking the position and forcing the other rider out wide because he(MM) couldn't/wouldn't hold his line tight enough to make the pass and not hit the other rider he dove inside of. In both cases it could have resulted in a crash for one or both. MM is reckless.
1. You're insane
2. Uh, I think VR made a dude crash in Malaysia and the riders he passed in Valencia were slow as
Old 11-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #836
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
1. You're insane
2. Uh, I think VR made a dude crash in Malaysia and the riders he passed in Valencia were slow as
1. Not hardly, contact is contact.
2. The guy in Sepang doesn't crash if he doesn't turn in on VR and cause contact, b all the guys he passed in Valencia are way quicker than me or you, and VR still didn't touch them while making his passes.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #837
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
1. Not hardly, contact is contact.
2. The guy in Sepang doesn't crash if he doesn't turn in on VR and cause contact, b all the guys he passed in Valencia are way quicker than me or you, and VR still didn't touch them while making his passes.
That's the problem, you're viewing it from your own on track perspective riding a street bike which has absolutely nothing to do with MotoGP.

There is no contact and if there was you can't see it from that camera.

Race direction saw what happened in Sepang differently as did MM's on-board camera.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #838
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
I agree.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #839
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
I agree.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #840
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Talking

Quote:
That's the problem, you're viewing it from your own on track perspective riding a street bike which has absolutely nothing to do with MotoGP.

There is no contact and if there was you can't see it from that camera.

Race direction saw what happened in Sepang differently as did MM's on-board camera.
You don't have to have a race licence or be a world class pro to know that "contact" between riders means that any part of your person or machine making physical contact (no matter how slight) with another rider's person or machine is CONTACT.

The rules for every race organization state that unnecessary contact is to be avoided. Its like the NBA all contact between two players is technically considered a foul. They only blow the whistle when said contact impacts play to the point of affecting an unfair advantage to one player over another.

VR got his hand slapped because he intentionally obstructed another rider resulting in him going down. MM would not have gone down if he did not initiate contact with a rider in FRONT of him.

The passing rider is responsible for effecting a safe pass.
Riders shall avoid unnecessary contact.
Rider shall not intentionally weave or recklessly maneuver in order to break a draft and or prevent, or obstruct other riders from overtaking

I know I've only done one or two track days but I've been watching and attending Moto road racing for the last 26 years, and those rules haven't changed.

MM's riding in the last 4 rounds was quite unsportsman like. The infamous lap in Sepang may have started as hard racing but clearly turned into a match before the guy with less mature set of wedding tackle hit the dirt. VR tarnished his reputation by being drawn down to that level, but hey apparently even aliens are human.

Its all good though, makes for interesting racing.

Advertisement