MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #801
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,916

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








Lorenzo did nothing wrong and earned his victory.

MM sure didn't seem to try much did he...once Pedrosa got up on him MM remembered how to ride all of a sudden and the bike seemed to zoom along...

Can't understand what MM was thinking? Should have gone for the win because, cuz Lorenzo could have got 2nd and still won the championship..
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #802
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin
 
mekrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 9,778

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to mekrew
Personally I like it .. every sport needs a villian and he is the one for motogp.

Now bring on all the dramatic stories and plots ..
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #803
kenup283
Senior Member
 
kenup283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dear Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 588

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
The problem with sepang is people believe Marc had the pace to fight for the win but instead let Jorge by and stay back with Rossi to slow him down. Now at Valencia he didn't fight for the best position possible again. I don't know if Marc could have won but he certainly should have attempted a pass.
Funny you use the word belive because that is exactly right... When people belive things they tend to overlook things that do not fit in with their beliefs.

In Sepang Marquez was ahead of Lorenzo and Rossi from the start, but falling back. He fought for position but lacked any pace to challenge for the win. In Valencia Marquez was never ahead of Lorenzo, he had no position to defend, so he tried to stay close as possible and look for opportunity. Two totally differnt situations with tire wear as well. We can't expect them to be remotely similar. Rather Marquez ran this one more like Philip Island and was looking to make a move at the end.

The simple fact is, Rossi was dependent on others for the outcome of this championship. He was winning on consistency and he nearly pulled it off too... right up to the point when he began looking for reasons that were outside of his control for why we was loosing his points lead instead of taking the fight directly to Lorenzo.. Now we are suppose to belive Marquez has somting to do with why Rossi is not champion. Sorry but that doesn't fit into my belive system. More like Rossi bieng a sore looser.
__________________
Experience is not something you get until just after you needed it.
kenup283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #804
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,916

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Now we are suppose to belive Marquez has somting to do with why Rossi is not champion. Sorry but that doesn't fit into my belive system. More like Rossi bieng a sore looser.
Come on now....I'm not saying Marquez is solely to blame for VR not winning the championship, but MM had a huge impact on how things turned out..
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #805
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Lorenzo did nothing wrong and earned his victory.

MM sure didn't seem to try much did he...once Pedrosa got up on him MM remembered how to ride all of a sudden and the bike seemed to zoom along...

Can't understand what MM was thinking? Should have gone for the win because, cuz Lorenzo could have got 2nd and still won the championship..
Quote:
I entered the turn and ran wide and Marc could pass me again
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225...TZoWT80JMLz.99

If you read the articles on crash.net, you'd see that Crutchlow and Marquez were both unhappy with the tires made available by Bridgestone at Valencia. Pedrosa also mentions tire problems he was having in the link I posted
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #806
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





I'll just say this;

The race was great and added evidence to several things we already know.
JL/Yamaha is perhaps the best rider/riding style/machine combination so far, perhaps of all time.

VR is without a doubt one of if not the greatest RACERS of all time.

Pedrossa is stuck playing second fiddle and will never be the man as long as he's the second rider on a team.

MM is wreckless. There was no reason for him to attack the clearly faster DP and certainly no reason for him to cause contact with him. In the face of the possibility of more contact with MM and potentially crashing out, PD called off the dogs. MM may have the most talent in the field but he is petulant and agressive to the point of being dirty.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:34 AM   #807
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,979

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Funny you use the word belive because that is exactly right... When people belive things they tend to overlook things that do not fit in with their beliefs.

In Sepang Marquez was ahead of Lorenzo and Rossi from the start, but falling back. He fought for position but lacked any pace to challenge for the win. In Valencia Marquez was never ahead of Lorenzo, he had no position to defend, so he tried to stay close as possible and look for opportunity. Two totally differnt situations with tire wear as well. We can't expect them to be remotely similar. Rather Marquez ran this one more like Philip Island and was looking to make a move at the end.

The simple fact is, Rossi was dependent on others for the outcome of this championship. He was winning on consistency and he nearly pulled it off too... right up to the point when he began looking for reasons that were outside of his control for why we was loosing his points lead instead of taking the fight directly to Lorenzo.. Now we are suppose to belive Marquez has somting to do with why Rossi is not champion. Sorry but that doesn't fit into my belive system. More like Rossi bieng a sore looser.
I was just explaining the rationale on why it isn't a double standard since in both occasions they are saying Marc didn't race for the best position possible. Whether he did or not is up to you, we will never know the truth.
ArkansasDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #808
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
There was no reason for him to attack the clearly faster DP and certainly no reason for him to cause contact with him. In the face of the possibility of more contact with MM and potentially crashing out, PD called off the dogs. MM may have the most talent in the field but he is petulant and agressive to the point of being dirty.
Well, that's not what DP said if you bothered to read his account. Funny they finished in the same positions that they qualified in
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #809
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,979

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Well, that's not what DP said if you bothered to read his account. Funny they finished in the same positions that they qualified in
Should we apply that logic to sepang? They should have finished or atleast be able to fight for the position they qualified in?
ArkansasDave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #810
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Should we apply that logic to sepang? They should have finished or atleast be able to fight for the position they qualified in?
You should do your best, "Arkansas"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #811
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Well, that's not what DP said if you bothered to read his account. Funny they finished in the same positions that they qualified in

Sorry but that's pure BS, they read a pit board every lap! MM knew PD was quick enough to catch and possibly pass JL. The PD pass on MM was clean and had them both closing on JL with no loss of time. The MM rather catch a tow from the faster PD and be there to pick up a possible position when an attack from PD would slow JL and hand Rossi the title, MM tried an unnecessary, risky pass og PD that resulted in contact between them allowing JL to escape.


To my mind its hard to fathom MM found the pace to attack PD who was charging to the front but he was all over JL and never once sniffed at a pass. I don't understand not being quick enough to pass the guy in front of you but quick enough to pass the guy who is running way faster than the guy you claim you couldn't pass.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #812
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Sorry but that's pure BS, they read a pit board every lap! MM knew PD was quick enough to catch and possibly pass JL. The PD pass on MM was clean and had them both closing on JL with no loss of time. The MM rather catch a tow from the faster PD and be there to pick up a possible position when an attack from PD would slow JL and hand Rossi the title, MM tried an unnecessary, risky pass og PD that resulted in contact between them allowing JL to escape.


To my mind its hard to fathom MM found the pace to attack PD who was charging to the front but he was all over JL and never once sniffed at a pass. I don't understand not being quick enough to pass the guy in front of you but quick enough to pass the guy who is running way faster than the guy you claim you couldn't pass.


So Pedrosa didn't run wide? If J-Lo finished 2nd, VR still would not have won the championship
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #813
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post


So Pedrosa didn't run wide? If J-Lo finished 2nd, VR still would not have won the championship
MM ran him wide by running into him, and you for get that I am a fan of JL because of his riding style so I'm glad he won the title over Rossi. MM is super talented but he is wreckless and has more contact with other riders than is needed.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #814
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
MM ran him wide by running into him, and you for get that I am a fan of JL because of his riding style so I'm glad he won the title over Rossi. MM is super talented but he is wreckless and has more contact with other riders than is needed.
Everyone that rides a Honda lies. You're welcome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #815
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Everyone that rides a Honda lies. You're welcome
"It is you that sayeth...."~ The Lord Jesus the Christ

Besides I don't confuse manning up and not whinn8ng about a racing incident lying, I call its sportsmanship. There are times when we're done wrong that it actually hurts us to plead our own case. We all saw the race PD doesn't have to say a word.

I notice you didn't address why MM was too slow to pass JL but able to pass a much quicker at the time DP.

Trust me as a deadhorse rider I understand brand loyalty but face it MM deserves the DB award for sheer douche baggery!
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #816
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Jarvis must ride a Honda
Quote:
Jarvis added that he had no reason to doubt Marquez and Pedrosa's accounts of why they were unable to attack Lorenzo for the lead, with the Honda pair claiming they pushed to their maximum throughout the 30-lap contest at the Ricardo Tormo circuit on Sunday.

I listened to the explanations of Marc and Dani and Jorge and I have to take their explanations at face value, he said.

I have no personal judgement, I watched the race, I came here, so I haven't had time to look, or analyse or think about it; I listened to what they said and I have no reason to go against that.
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225...hJywCTryf7K.99
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #817
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
"It is you that sayeth...."~ The Lord Jesus the Christ

Besides I don't confuse manning up and not whinn8ng about a racing incident lying, I call its sportsmanship. There are times when we're done wrong that it actually hurts us to plead our own case. We all saw the race PD doesn't have to say a word.

I notice you didn't address why MM was too slow to pass JL but able to pass a much quicker at the time DP.

Trust me as a deadhorse rider I understand brand loyalty but face it MM deserves the DB award for sheer douche baggery!
Read the articles I linked, then maybe you can understand it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #818
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 502

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Read the articles I linked, then maybe you can understand it
I understand it fine, I simply disagree. Just because I do not ride a Honda does not mean I don't understand how motorcycles work, I simply don't agree with their interpretation of the facts.

MM says he was full out but couldn't get a pass on JL. PD obliterates both MM and JL times in the final laps chasing them down at rate over over a second a SECTOR. Cleanly passes MM who suddenly finds the speed to do an iffy pass with contact that could taken the both out, allowing JLto escape. The fighting for position MM has done in the last 4 rounds has served no purpose othet than risk crashes and obstruct other riders.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #819
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
I understand it fine, I simply disagree. Just because I do not ride a Honda does not mean I don't understand how motorcycles work, I simply don't agree with their interpretation of the facts.

MM says he was full out but couldn't get a pass on JL. PD obliterates both MM and JL times in the final laps chasing them down at rate over over a second a SECTOR. Cleanly passes MM who suddenly finds the speed to do an iffy pass with contact that could taken the both out, allowing JLto escape. The fighting for position MM has done in the last 4 rounds has served no purpose othet than risk crashes and obstruct other riders.
So you read the entire article related to DP?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #820
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,319

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
The fighting for position MM has done in the last 4 rounds has served no purpose othet than risk crashes and obstruct other riders.
Uh, I think he finished first in Australia. He's paid to win races regardless of points
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy