MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #661
ArkansasDave

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

B08480BA 09C0 4352 A299 2130A4269AFC zpsr24k8ejl
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #662
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
B08480BA 09C0 4352 A299 2130A4269AFC zpsr24k8ejl
Well, that's two
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #663
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
How is he able to turn a bike using one hand? Pretty incredible, huh? How much do you think he can leg press? Pretty sure I could kick a bike over and I know I can take my bike though a turn with one hand counteracting the force of the HESD.
Please, here you go again with trying to act ignorant.

So, according to your completely ignorant response:

Counter steering = Kicking a bike down with enough force to break the traction on the tires meant to sustain 60*+ lean angles.

He did not kick a stationary bike over, he didnt even cause the bike to stand up. Again, pull the Repsol flavored n out your mouth before talking.

So, counter steering aside.. please explain to the group how many motorcycles at speed you have kicked over while leaning on your own motorcycle. I would love to hear more.
Schooley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #664
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I only said a few riders did.

few
fyo͞o/
adjective & pronoun
a small number of.

2 is a small number.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #665
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
Please, here you go again with trying to act ignorant.

So, according to your completely ignorant response:

Counter steering = Kicking a bike down with enough force to break the traction on the tires meant to sustain 60*+ lean angles.

He did not kick a stationary bike over, he didnt even cause the bike to stand up. Again, pull the Repsol flavored n out your mouth before talking.

Uh, so he couldn't have kicked MM's hand? How's VR's taste? So you believe that the synchronous action of VR's leg and MM's bike seen from MM's on board camera is pure coincidence?

Let me really simplify it for you. If you can crash a bike with a hand, you can crash a bike with a foot. See if you can walk a mile on your hands and tell me which has more strength.

You're welcome
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #666
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
Guys it was just a reaction from Rossi when he felt MM trying to nudge him in to make the turn. Rossi's reaction was a knee out to say f*ck you and MM fell. I dont think VR meant for him to fall nor try to purposely hit his brake lever but he did...
None of us actually know what was going through their minds.

Far as I see the crash was just an added bonus for VR. It's pretty clear VR intentionally ran wide focusing on two things, the edge of the track and MM.

His actions before and after the race further reinforce this.
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #667
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Petition to drop the penalty on Rossi is up to almost 400k signatures. Which means about as much as bevo's posts.
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #668
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

VR intentionally kicked MM or his bike. Whether he thought he could cause a crash is a different story. Notice that VR kept looking away from Dylan Gray in the post race interview when he was lying about what happened.

Last edited by Bevo; 10-27-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #669
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Petition to drop the penalty on Rossi is up to almost 400k signatures. Which means about as much as bevo's posts.
Thanks for the mention
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #670
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
VR intentionally kicked MM or his bike. Whether he thought he could cause a crash is a different story. Notice that VR kept looking away from Dylan Gray in the post race interview when he was lying about what happened.
not to mention the eating grin he was trying to hide
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #671
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I only said a few riders did.

few
fyo͞o/
adjective & pronoun
a small number of.

2 is a small number.
Technically, two of any similar items are a couple, 3 or more of any similar items can be considered a "few", but the exact number that constitutes a "few" is relative to and inversely proportional to what the user considers to be "many". Ie while there are tens of thousands of brown dwarf "stars" in the known universe, they represent only a very "few" of the billions of celestial bodies that exceed the 13 Juno masses cut off for stellar ignition.

I think it was a simple matter of them both being strong in different parts of the track and MM was racing hard, but perhaps a little too aggressively and VR shouldn't have expected anyone to play dead so he could chase the number 1 plate, and pulled a punk move. That said I can understand anyone wanting some racing room and MM was giving him none. Still it was a punk move but that's racing. Both guys were on the edge and little love tap was enough for MM who was already on the brakes to lock up the front and crash.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #672
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Technically, two of any similar items are a couple, 3 or more of any similar items can be considered a "few", but the exact number that constitutes a "few" is relative to and inversely proportional to what the user considers to be "many". Ie while there are tens of thousands of brown dwarf "stars" in the known universe, they represent only a very "few" of the billions of celestial bodies that exceed the 13 Juno masses cut off for stellar ignition.

I think it was a simple matter of them both being strong in different parts of the track and MM was racing hard, but perhaps a little too aggressively and VR shouldn't have expected anyone to play dead so he could chase the number 1 plate, and pulled a punk move. That said I can understand anyone wanting some racing room and MM was giving him none. Still it was a punk move but that's racing. Both guys were on the edge and little love tap was enough for MM who was already on the brakes to lock up the front and crash.
Actually it looks like MM got on the throttle when he leaned into VR. VR applied the Honda's brakes
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #673
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Actually it looks like MM got on the throttle when he leaned into VR. VR applied the Honda's brakes
So you are saying VR intentionally applied the brakes with his foot, while steering his own bike and looking the other way?
You just mentioned MM got on the throttle and leaned in.
Isn't it possible that any brake application is incidental to the impact that MM intentionally caused?

It appears to me that rather than kick MM, VR's leg flopped and flinched from the impact caused by MM.
Don't get me wrong, I think running somebody wide intentionally is a chicken move, especially at that level of racing, but I don't think rossi intended to crash MM. They all know the dangers involved and the consequences of doing something like that.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #674
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
So you are saying VR intentionally applied the brakes with his foot, while steering his own bike and looking the other way?
You just mentioned MM got on the throttle and leaned in.
Isn't it possible that any brake application is incidental to the impact that MM intentionally caused?

It appears to me that rather than kick MM, VR's leg flopped and flinched from the impact caused by MM.
Don't get me wrong, I think running somebody wide intentionally is a chicken move, especially at that level of racing, but I don't think rossi intended to crash MM. They all know the dangers involved and the consequences of doing something like that.
I don't have the operation of VR's mind, so I can't answer questions about his intent. Did you look at the link with the quad gifs?

MM's helmet pushed VR's knee in. VR kicked down in perfect synchronization with MM's bike going down.

Doesn't matter if it's a chicken move, running a rider wide is strictly against the rules.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #675
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I forgot, it was a Honda, so yea they slow down by twisting the throttle

VR was intentionally slowing to run MM wide, who was also braking to apex, notice the compressed forks of both bikes. MM goes to turn in but there's a bike in the way, no matter MM thinks to himself, I'll just give a nudge and force him to turn in. VR gives the normal reflex reaction of "get off me man" with the knee, MM squeezes a little more brake after catching a knee puck to the visor and locks the front. Down goes MM. VR's foot comes off the peg a bit. VR intentionally running MM wide was Bush league. MM trying to turn in anyway when he could clearly see a bike there was Bush league also. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes. It was worth it for either one of them.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #676
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:

VR was intentionally slowing to run MM wide, who was also braking to apex, notice the compressed forks of both bikes. MM goes to turn in but there's a bike in the way, no matter MM thinks to himself, I'll just give a nudge and force him to turn in. VR gives the normal reflex reaction of "get off me man" with the knee, MM squeezes a little more brake after catching a knee puck to the visor and locks the front. Down goes MM. VR's foot comes off the peg a bit. VR intentionally running MM wide was Bush league. MM trying to turn in anyway when he could clearly see a bike there was Bush league also. Play stupid games you win stupid prizes. It was worth it for either one of them.
There ya go.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #677
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:

I can understand how it's hard for an EBR rider to actually see, but look at the top left quad. MM accelerates into VR's knee

http://gfycat.com/SorrowfulTemptingHowlermonkey

You're welcome
Old 10-27-2015, 12:14 PM   #678
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:

MM had nowhere to go and could not have fathomed that VR would intentionally run him off the track. It's not like he put himself in a compromising position knowing that VR would need that much track to complete the turn, or knowing that not only would VR take a defensive line but he would actually slow down to press MM out as much as possible. It doesn't make sense from a racing standpoint which is why VR's actions are awful to me. MM can only expect VR to do coherent things on the race track, and he can even expect VR to ride very defensively to try and hold him up, but he can't expect VR intentionally allowing him to come outside of him so he can run him off the track. I don't think VR kicked Marquez or his bike, but I do think that it's undeniable that he intentionally let MM outside him to push him all the way to the outside (and off, if need be) of the track. That's also precisely what he was penalized for. If VR was simply riding defensively while also trying to go as quickly as possible (ie: racing) and didn't feel the need to pull some "cheese" move on MM, he wouldn't have been penalized. I think the penalty was very fitting. At least when MM rides with flippant disregard for his safety and the safety of others, he's doing it to put down a scorching hot lap time... Not to take his competitors out of the race.
Liked this post:
Old 10-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #679
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I can understand how it's hard for an EBR rider to actually see, but look at the top left quad. MM accelerates into VR's knee

http://gfycat.com/SorrowfulTemptingHowlermonkey

You're welcome

I suppose the compression of BOTH sets of forks a split second after the moment of contact is caused BY ....

both riders applying the brakes!( as they both have stated in their respective interviews)

but in fairness to the physics of it all, the compression of MM's forks before the crash could also have been caused by chopping the throttle. (As an EBR rider we have a clear eye for the engineering of how things actually work and thus are able to see different approaches to the same results) The only problem is, one can't lock the front (as MM stated he did,) by chopping the throttle (unless of course as you stated it's a Honda....) so you could be right, but me and my two friends, physics and logic doubt it.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #680
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
I don't have the operation of VR's mind, so I can't answer questions about his intent. Did you look at the link with the quad gifs?

MM's helmet pushed VR's knee in. VR kicked down in perfect synchronization with MM's bike going down.

Doesn't matter if it's a chicken move, running a rider wide is strictly against the rules.
Yes, I looked at the quad video.
If anything, in the critical moment, MM's obscures what happens and by the time you can see, it's pretty well over.
On the other hand, the view from VR's bike clearly shows MM's shoulder and fairing pushing Rossi's leg up and in, as MM falls away Rossi's leg comes back down.

Like I said before, it looks to me like his leg flops and flinches, then recovers back to the peg. I don't see anything that looks like a kick or intentional move to upset MM's bike.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious, running a bike wide is what he was penalized for. It's only the Hondaholics that are whining that the penalty should be worse because they say Rossi, Jean Claude Van Dammed Marquez into the weeds.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"

Advertisement