MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #581
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
let the drama begin .. holy

i have watched the replay a few times, I don't know if MM made himself crash or if rossi hit something on his bike. Remember its the right hand side and we know whats on that side of the bike. His bike seemed pretty straight up for the front to just wash like that

Last edited by mekrew; 10-25-2015 at 01:21 PM.
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #582
Rob-Houston

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CB500X
2003 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
Let's get this straight. ROSSI DIDNT KICK MARC. Race direction decided he didn't and from several views that Rossi's foot didn't come off the foot peg until Marc was already crashing. Rossi's only mistake was forcing Marc wide and going way off the normal line. Marc went down from his own doing.
NO, you need to get it straight. I've been watching on a 110" screen. From the track outside view you can visibly see Rossi raise his leg and kick in Marquez's direction before Marquez goes down. You can't see his foot in that angle. From the overhead view can see his foot kick at Marquez before Marquez goes down. You need to learn to deal with reality.
Rob-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #583
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-Houston View Post
NO, you need to get it straight. I've been watching on a 110" screen. From the track outside view you can visibly see Rossi raise his leg and kick in Marquez's direction before Marquez goes down. You can't see his foot in that angle. From the overhead view can see his foot kick at Marquez before Marquez goes down. You need to learn to deal with reality.
Is that why race direction said he didn't kick Marc? Marc already made contact with Rossi before his leg moved.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #584
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-Houston View Post
NO, you need to get it straight, LOL. Marquez clearly runs into Rossi intentionally to move him back towards the race line. Once there is pressure being placed on Rossi and his bike by Marquez, as seen by Rossi's knee puck defecting into his own gas tank, Rossi applies reverse pressure (as any smart rider would do) and applies pressure with the appearance of a kick. He only reacted to being run into. Watch it again. Then ask why race control didn't hit him with a fine for kicking. they just penalized him for intentionally leaving the race line to impede another rider's path.

Also, if Marquez got kicked, he's be throwing a tantrum on the gravel. He's not. He's reflecting on his own immaturity as a racer, once again.

Last edited by Mr.P; 10-25-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #585
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

IMHO, I need to say. Clearly I wasn't there.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #586
Yorke

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

I've been hoping Rossi would win the championship, from the race and that video above, he lifts his leg and kicks at MM bike, MM goes down and Rossi's leg follows the bike down.

MM claims he kicked his brake lever, I imagine that would show up on the bikes data recorder as well as the broadcast telemetry. I don't see how anyone can defend Rossi for that move, he slowed down and looked back twice and very clearly instigated the contact.

I don't think the punishment fit the crime, he should have either been given a drive through penalty or disqualified altogether. The only reason they threw that pathetic penalty down was for the sole purpose of keeping the drama and ratings up for the last race.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #587
Yorke

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorke View Post
I've been hoping Rossi would win the championship, from the race and that video above, he lifts his leg and kicks at MM bike, MM goes down and Rossi's leg follows the bike down.

MM claims he kicked his brake lever, I imagine that would show up on the bikes data recorder as well as the broadcast telemetry. I don't see how anyone can defend Rossi for that move, he slowed down and looked back twice and very clearly instigated the contact.

I don't think the punishment fit the crime, he should have either been given a drive through penalty or disqualified altogether. The only reason they threw that pathetic penalty down was for the sole purpose of keeping the drama and ratings up for the last race.
So after reading about why the penalty was what is was, I think that was after all the right decision by race direction. I still think any other rider would have been given a ride through at the very least.

As others have said in some other posts, I would really like to see MM data. Some crazy racing these last two week.
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #588
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorke View Post

You're right it would show up on the telemetry and the race director would have reviewed that telemetry data. He came to the conclusion that Rossi didn't kick Marc.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #589
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
You're right it would show up on the telemetry and the race director would have reviewed that telemetry data. He came to the conclusion that Rossi didn't kick Marc.
Except that he didn't. The race director Mike Webb, said there was no video shot clearly shownibg the kick, he just didn't have the smoking gun, so it was not considered. He also only mentions video data. It is presumptuous to assume he had HRC's data downloaded reviewed and presented at the hearing immediatly after the race. He simply didn't need, nor seek it, and arrived at a decision which keeps things intersting.

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/22459...unishment.html

Ben Spies said it best on Twitter, Marquez asked for it and Rossi gave it to him. ..
Old 10-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #590
BUSA II

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2010 NLR Hayabusa
2001 Hayabusa Turbo
2005 GSX-R1000 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Edwards
OK, my opinion:MM is fighting for pride, not a championship. VR gets tired of MM's close racing.
BUSA II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #591
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Mm drives (straight into Rossi's puck). Rossi responds with a gtf off me bish!

4eBC2TP

VIDEO LINK

Fk sandbaggers.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:53 PM   #592
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

https://vine.co/v/eV9mEpHLKVj
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #593
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12049583_10206223237912310_3178583647234421303_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	89210  
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #594
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
That angle doesn't show as well as the one I found - Rossi's knee get's pushed into his tank.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #595
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11694998_10206223230912135_3156906122670125369_n.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	89211  
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #596
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Except that he didn't. The race director Mike Webb, said there was no video shot clearly shownibg the kick, he just didn't have the smoking gun, so it was not considered. He also only mentions video data. It is presumptuous to assume he had HRC's data downloaded reviewed and presented at the hearing immediatly after the race. He simply didn't need, nor seek it, and arrived at a decision which keeps things intersting.

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/22459...unishment.html

Ben Spies said it best on Twitter, Marquez asked for it and Rossi gave it to him. ..
So they can put Dani Pedrosa telemetry up on a live broadcast but can't get the racing director the telemetry. Sounds legit.
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 08:18 PM   #597
Yorke

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
After watching it from that angle, there is no doubt in my mind that Rossi intentionally kicked his brake lever. From that angle you see that MM didn't ram into Rossi's leg like everyone seems think he did.

You can clearly see that there is slight contact, Rossi looks back, kicks at his brakes and MM immediately goes down, HARD!!! What bothers me the most, is people I race against, say's he deserved it and they would do it too.

I started that race really pulling for Rossi, I wanted him to win over Jorge. I didn't buy into Rossi's thought that MM was playing with him. I think that statement caught everyone by surprise after the Australian GP. MM before that statement said he overheated his tires when he took the lead and had fallen back to let them cool down.

In the broadcast to the Malaysian GP they stated before any of the hard racing between the two. That MM was having problems with front end grip all weekend and he had complained about it, like he's had all season with the Honda.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #598
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
So they can put Dani Pedrosa telemetry up on a live broadcast but can't get the racing director the telemetry. Sounds legit.
Only the basic data you see on TV is allowed to be sent via telemetry. Everything else, including the stuff you'd be intersted in here like brake pressure and steering head angle, belongs to the team and would need to be taken off the data logger first.

In either case the "kick", if there was even one, was completely irrelevant. It was neither proved nor disproved by Race Direction and it had nothing to do with the penalty.

What I think did it in for Rossi was he not only came off line, but waited there until contact was made before resuming. This you can see clearly by looking at his front forks, which only pitch back up after contact. That is how I belive race direction decided that he initiated the contact eventhough you can see it was Marquez helmet first hitting his Rossi's leg.

The real irony of this whole thing is Rossi's tittle chances just got better...

With 7 points Lorenzo needs to again beat one of the Honda riders. A finish in 2nd place and Rossi off the podium would bring Lorenzo the title.

If he doesn't, and Lorenzo comes 3rd, Rossi would only need a 6th place in Valencia to seal the title. Considering the large gap behind the top 4 riders, a 6th place is not as impossible as it may seem, even from the back of grid.

Alternatively had Marquez finished between them here in Sepang, then a 2nd by Lorenzo in Valencia would have put Rossi in a must win situation to get the title.

Last edited by kenup283; 10-25-2015 at 09:28 PM.
kenup283 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #599
proasian3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
Mm drives (straight into Rossi's puck). Rossi responds with a gtf off me bish!

4eBC2TP

VIDEO LINK

Fk sandbaggers.
This.

Kind of says it all. Rossi was tired of MM and say f*ck off and MM fell. Yes I believe that MM was deliberately toying with Rossi but unfortunately that's within the rules. If Rossi had a better pace it would have been a nonissue and Rossi couldve caught up with the leaders. I really dont think Rossi was intentionally trying to hit MM brake lever as he was looking forward when the fck off knee went out. If the championship becomes out of reach for Rossi as the race goes on at Valencia itll be interesting to see if Rossi goes out to find MM on track.
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 AM   #600
Yorke

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

You guys are effing blind and biased if you can't see that Rossi caused him to wreck by pushing off with his foot on MM brake or clip on. Rossi's own team manager and team mate have condemned the move.
Liked this post:

Advertisement