MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #301
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









They were all losing grip. That's kind of how it goes. To be within .3 seconds 20 laps after you were charging as hard as you could is good. That kind of time gap is maybe one little mistake, no more than 2. If Marc ran the extra hard, he would have lost the lead sooner, probably salvaged points though.

Marc was the man to beat, and he straight up got beat. He was outpaced and outsmarted, it happens. Rossi has done it to a long list of great riders. Marc hasn't made excuses, but I guess he doesn't need to with you guys in his pockets making up for it.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP 2014 discussion thread(SPOILERS INSIDE) j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 122 08-20-2014 06:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy Weekly Thread +Spoilers+ morvegil Off Topic 6 10-08-2009 09:53 AM
NO RACE SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES FOLKS!! ArturoC Taking it to the Track 18 11-01-2006 07:29 PM
MotoGP: Motegi (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 29 09-26-2006 10:03 AM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #302
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
They were all losing grip. That's kind of how it goes. To be within .3 seconds 20 laps after you were charging as hard as you could is good. That kind of time gap is maybe one little mistake, no more than 2. If Marc ran the extra hard, he would have lost the lead sooner, probably salvaged points though.

Marc was the man to beat, and he straight up got beat. He was outpaced and outsmarted, it happens. Rossi has done it to a long list of great riders. Marc hasn't made excuses, but I guess he doesn't need to with you guys in his pockets making up for it.
So uh, in the last 5 laps of the race Rossi had no tire advantage over Marquez? Got it

FYI, Marquez made at least three mistakes in this race
1. Tire choice
2. Pushing his tires too hard
3. Colliding with Rossi
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:07 AM   #303
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
They were all losing grip.
Really?
Rossi's fastest lap was #20 @ 1:39.019
#22 at 1:39.181
#23 at 1:39.198
Marquez crashed on #24 and Rossi did 1:39.915
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #304
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So uh, in the last 5 laps of the race Rossi had no tire advantage over Marquez? Got it

FYI, Marquez made at least three mistakes in this race
1. Tire choice
2. Pushing his tires too hard
3. Colliding with Rossi
He set his bike up to get faster on a worn extra hard to be strong at the end, Marc set his bike up to go faster on a new hard tire to try and break away at the start. You call it a tire advantage, I call it strategy. You also say it was a mistake pushing, while even Marc says that was his only shot at winning. If you say colliding with riders is a mistake, then a good chunk of his career is a mistake. Unless, you mean this one time was a mistake bc of who he collided with. Then I'd agree with you.

By mistakes, I meant folding the front, losing the rear, rider mistakes. .3 seconds is nothing.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #305
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Really?
Rossi's fastest lap was #20 @ 1:39.019
#22 at 1:39.181
#23 at 1:39.198
Marquez crashed on #24 and Rossi did 1:39.915
I said losing grip, not getting slower. They don't always go hand in hand.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #306
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
He set his bike up to get faster on a worn extra hard to be strong at the end, Marc set his bike up to go faster on a new hard tire to try and break away at the start. You call it a tire advantage, I call it strategy. You also say it was a mistake pushing, while even Marc says that was his only shot at winning. If you say colliding with riders is a mistake, then a good chunk of his career is a mistake. Unless, you mean this one time was a mistake bc of who he collided with. Then I'd agree with you.

By mistakes, I meant folding the front, losing the rear, rider mistakes. .3 seconds is nothing.
Colliding and crashing. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out to you.

So Marquez is always right? I say if he slowly gained and kept a 2 second lead, he would have had more tire and faster laps at the end. He toasted the tires by pushing for a 4+ seconds lead.

It doesn't matter, Rossi's gone win every race from here on out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:28 AM   #307
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled
 
tiatool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gunspoint
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 8,691

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

It doesn't matter, Rossi's gone win every race from here on out.
I want to record you saying that and use it as my new ring tone
__________________
sbmsafesig
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #308
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
I want to record you saying that and use it as my new ring tone
If is ok if I giggle, because I don't think could help myself
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #309
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Colliding and crashing. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out to you.

So Marquez is always right? I say if he slowly gained and kept a 2 second lead, he would have had more tire and faster laps at the end. He toasted the tires by pushing for a 4+ seconds lead.

It doesn't matter, Rossi's gone win every race from here on out.
I'm just pointing out your contradictions. You can't say him running into guys is a mistake and not acknowledge that if he isn't out front, he's running into guys.

If he slowly gained, that lets other riders latch on and keep pace with him, he'd never build a 2 second gap. It doesn't work. Maybe you should apply for his race strategist position, though. With brave new ideas like 'go just fast enough to keep your main rivals right behind you until you get nervous and crash', the titles will just come pouring in.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #310
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
I'm just pointing out your contradictions. You can't say him running into guys is a mistake and not acknowledge that if he isn't out front, he's running into guys.

If he slowly gained, that lets other riders latch on and keep pace with him, he'd never build a 2 second gap. It doesn't work. Maybe you should apply for his race strategist position, though. With brave new ideas like 'go just fast enough to keep your main rivals right behind you until you get nervous and crash', the titles will just come pouring in.
I don't care if he runs into guys or not. It was entirely his fault for crashing. That's my point.

So there is absolutely no way he could have gotten and held a 2 second lead?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #311
TardinLA
BLACK AND PROUD
 
TardinLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 963

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
CRF450R SM
CRF Fiddy








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I don't care if he runs into guys or not. It was entirely his fault for crashing. That's my point.

So there is absolutely no way he could have gotten and held a 2 second lead?
Please don't answer that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
May as well go ahead and set the price now, because I'd be rolling coal all over the road on everyone in sight.
TardinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #312
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

It doesn't matter, Rossi's gone win every race from here on out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	king.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	85150  
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #313
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I don't care if he runs into guys or not. It was entirely his fault for crashing. That's my point.

So there is absolutely no way he could have gotten and held a 2 second lead?
Oh he could've. Just not with your proposed strategy. Maybe if he pushed really hard for less laps and tried to manage a 2 second gap instead of 4. But that's still pushing as hard as possible for x amount of laps, not slowly pulling tenths a lap on everyone. I still think, considering Rossi was flat out faster over the race distance and individual lap times, that Marquez would've gotten caught and lost. You can't win every race, sometimes you have to make the best of what you have and take 2nd or 3rd, or 5th like Qatar. Marquez just learned that the hard way. He's still an amazing talent, he's still got a shot at the title. Marquez now looks like Rossi did when Stoner arrived. Now he has to get better, like Rossi did.
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #314
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
Oh he could've. Just not with your proposed strategy. Maybe if he pushed really hard for less laps and tried to manage a 2 second gap instead of 4. But that's still pushing as hard as possible for x amount of laps, not slowly pulling tenths a lap on everyone. I still think, considering Rossi was flat out faster over the race distance and individual lap times, that Marquez would've gotten caught and lost. You can't win every race, sometimes you have to make the best of what you have and take 2nd or 3rd, or 5th like Qatar. Marquez just learned that the hard way. He's still an amazing talent, he's still got a shot at the title. Marquez now looks like Rossi did when Stoner arrived. Now he has to get better, like Rossi did.
I should have said built a lead slower than what he did, instead of slowly. I think Marquez hurt himself by pushing to a 4+ seconds lead on that tire.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #315
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









A very enjoyable read when you get the time focusing on the weekend's main talking point


https://motomatters.com/analysis/201..._round_up.html
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-24-2015, 11:37 PM   #316
TAMZX10
Member
 
TAMZX10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: College Station
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 61

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Zx10r (street)
2010 R1 (Sold)
2009 Zx6r (Track)
2001 zrx1200r
2007 crf50f pitbike






nice read above
TAMZX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:39 PM   #317
kenup283
Senior Member
 
kenup283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dear Park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 588

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200




Member Garage





Motomatters is by far the best place for content and discussion on MotoGP.

Others would be Speedweek.com if you can read German, or gpone.com if you can read Italian.
__________________
Experience is not something you get until just after you needed it.
kenup283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #318
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Motomatters is by far the best place for content and discussion on MotoGP.

Others would be Speedweek.com if you can read German, or gpone.com if you can read Italian.

Agreed.
Btw GPone has a translation feature but some of the content does get lost...........
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #319
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Not what I wanted to be reading this morning

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/218...r-surgery.html
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #320
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









After Jlo's performance with 'that' collarbone I doubt this will hinder Marquez at all tbh.

Maybe relieve the pressure a touch from the mighty Yamaha
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy