Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #241
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

durr.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Synthetic oil vs Conventional oil vince7 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-08-2011 09:56 PM
Cheap Synthetic Oil!!!!! randomwalk101 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 07-25-2010 01:25 PM
need some synthetic oil craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-27-2009 10:24 AM
synthetic oil? logan5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-18-2007 10:58 AM
Favorite synthetic oil? Derek Steptoe How To's and Q & A's 18 05-16-2006 07:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #242
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Their...
Haha of all people
Old 04-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #243
edgarf23

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1993 Harley Sportster XLH1200
2007 Honda VFR 800

Quote:
Can you tell me why you've decided to put T6 in everything you own?
Can you tell me why your full of so many questions regarding this oil. It works for me and has worked for my needs for many years now. Do I need to explain further? You act as if the motorcycle community is in a state of shock over the fact people have put it in there bikes. Well here is news for you "this isnt news at all". Go on other forums and read up.
edgarf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #244
Sudo
Banned

User is banned

Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #245
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
Honda cub can run on vegatable oil. Its been done and proven working before. Can someone tell me if it will work on my bike?
Yes, yes it will
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #246
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarf23 View Post
Can you tell me why your full of so many questions regarding this oil. It works for me and has worked for my needs for many years now. Do I need to explain further? You act as if the motorcycle community is in a state of shock over the fact people have put it in there bikes. Well here is news for you "this isnt news at all". Go on other forums and read up.
I am fully aware of people using it. But why? There are better options out there. Why diesel oil? I've read up on it, trust me. I've read tons of threads about it and you want to know what the theme of everyone of them is? Yep, you guessed it. "OMG this stuff is so much cheaper than the other stuff" Every one...
I'm just wondering if that's why you use it. It certainly can't be because it protects better. Have you had your jew oil tested by a lab after an oil change or you just going on a hunch?
Old 04-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #247
edgarf23

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1993 Harley Sportster XLH1200
2007 Honda VFR 800

Quote:
I am fully aware of people using it. But why? There are better options out there. Why diesel oil? I've read up on it, trust me. I've read tons of threads about it and you want to know what the theme of everyone of them is? Yep, you guessed it. "OMG this stuff is so much cheaper than the other stuff" Every one...
I'm just wondering if that's why you use it. It certainly can't be because it protects better. Have you had your jew oil tested by a lab after an oil change or you just going on a hunch?
Never had my oil tested and no I dont use it based on Price.. As a matter of fact I was recently considering switching to the new Penzoil made from natural gas for the car and truck but decided why switch if I never had any issues. It may also be to the fact that I don't allow any of my cars to go the full service cycle. For example the VW computer calls for an oil change ever 15K miles just like my M3 did. I change the oil and filter every 5K due to my aggressive driving habits and the hot long Houston summers.. The way I service my cars and bike doesnt save me any $ in the long run. Yes the oil is labeled as a Deisel product but the fact is it has many more uses then just simple that.
edgarf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:50 PM   #248
Track_Graphics

Quote:
Never had my oil tested and no I dont use it based on Price.. As a matter of fact I was recently considering switching to the new Penzoil made from natural gas for the car and truck but decided why switch if I never had any issues. It may also be to the fact that I don't allow any of my cars to go the full service cycle. For example the VW computer calls for an oil change ever 15K miles just like my M3 did. I change the oil and filter every 5K due to my aggressive driving habits and the hot long Houston summers.. The way I service my cars and bike doesnt save me any $ in the long run. Yes the oil is labeled as a Deisel product but the fact is it has many more uses then just simple that.

I had my oil tested. I can't make any more babies.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #249
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
773H
, there I said it.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #250
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
If your engine's cooling system is in proper working order, hot ambient temps are a lot less damaging to oil than cold ambient temps.

Your coolant system is designed to keep the engine temp ~200-240F. Your oil is spec'd to provide lubrication in that temp range. Unless you're seeing track conditions (continuous high rpm conditions) your oil is not noticing a bit of difference whether it's 40F or 110F outside. If you're seeing racing conditions, you likely need a racing oil that's formulated for operating temps closer to 300F. Cold ambient temps on the other hand cause some of your waxier compounds to solidify out of your oil, and they never fully mix back in. I'd be more worried about using oil that's been left on a shelf in a non-temp controlled garage over the winter than a good synthetic that's been run for 5000 miles over a Houston summer, but that's just me.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement