MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 AM   #161
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
I realize that he (Jesus), himself did not proclaim himself a "Christian" but to reiterate a point from the past, neither did Charles Darwin consider himself a Darwinist, yet he was in fact a Darwinist due to his new ideology and method such as Jesus, with considerations to his new and different methodology than that of the Jews, implemented a new way to worship making him the first Christian given he was the first in a new line of thinking/reasoning. I'm not sure any other way I can say it, but his ideas were new. Sure the Jewish and Christian faiths share many characteristics, which is why we share 50% of a book. The Jews refer to the Torah (Old Testament) alone for spiritual advice, while Christians refer to both the Old and New Testaments for spiritual guidance. There are however a few distinct differences between the Jews and the Christians, so let's veer from attempting to clump them together or to somehow dilute the two in such a way as to attempt to add any validity to the argument against Christ being a model Christian. He was the model for Christianity. He is what all Christians hope to be although they will never achieve it because he was perfect and we as humans will never be capable of achieving such perfection. I will also say that just because a few different groups of individuals have mis-interpreted, mis-reprsented and effectively out-right NOT LIVED according to those teachings given us in the Bible, does not mean that Christianity as a whole is bad nor are those actions mentioned above representative of the whole of the Christian faith. Such is the reason why the Bible constantly reminds us that the Church is the people and NOT the physical church or even those institutions presuming themselves to implement church policy such as the Catholic Church. I however digress, the point is...being that Jesus Christ both started the methodology we recognize today as Christianity AND acted as the model or standard for the end-goals associated with the practice of Christianity, he was effectively a model Christian. If you disagree, then you just diagree....can't waste any more time making this argument as I think I've run out of ways to say it
good show same thing i was thinking.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote