MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #21
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Feedback Rating: (0)

i say i live my life the way i see fit, knows what i do before i do it, i feel that he uses me in a diffrent way, im not perfect, nor are the people i talk to or know. i just feel he knows me and accepts me.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is a christian? obed The Circus 92 06-18-2013 06:55 AM
Any christian riders out there? Josue1300 Off Topic 100 07-01-2011 04:14 PM
ok how about what does it mean to be a true christian?? paniro187 The Circus 32 01-08-2010 12:12 PM
So most everyone here is a Christian Conservative morvegil The Circus 109 12-17-2009 12:05 PM
Anyone here NOT a Christian? morvegil Off Topic 81 06-08-2009 04:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #22
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Yep. We are, after all, human.

I sin, I ask, and I pray for myself as well as others. I can't sit in church because I don't have the patience for the kids who scream and play around. It's me off.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #23
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
dude i'm just saying the bible says "faith without works is dead."

I'm not passing judgment I'm saying what the bible says. and that's what the passage means. please don't get upset with me like i'm passing judgment on you.

not saying you past judgement.

all this is for arguments sake
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
If we're going to discuss Christianity, then we need to get back into the word and see what the Lord says, not about what this or that person feels what is right about a certain situation.

1Arm, I'd love to sit down with you and share the Gospel, straight out of the Book of John. For now though, I'll ask..

What have you done that makes you a Christian? There is only one right answer.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM   #25
jus10

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
Yep. We are, after all, human.

I sin, I ask, and I pray for myself as well as others. I can't sit in church because I don't have the patience for the kids who scream and play around. It's me off.
allow me to drop this one on you all.... (I'm pretty busy today so I probably won't debate this, so take with a grain or two of salt, smile, and hit me up later:icon_bigg )

My problem with church, is that it is merely one person's interpretation of the Bible and how we should live and I'm supposed to take that as "the way". We all interpret things differently and if I simply needed an interpretation, I can do that myself. How do I know what is correct and what is not? How do I know the Bible I'm reading now is correct and accurate after being translated and interpreted time and time again over a couple thousand years? Man has a tendency to exaggerate and fabricate things unintentionally. How do I know this hasn't happened over the past 2000 years? Imagine how many people have translated and interpreted the Bible and it's teachings.....you don't think that lines have been skewed a time or two? How do I know Christianity is the one and only right religion? How can I say all the other religions are wrong if I have no way to prove or disprove anything? Why does the bible only mention heaven, , and earth? Is is not arrogant to think that in this enormous universe that we live in that we are the only beings in it and we are the sole "children" of ? If Christianity is "The" religion then how did so many beliefs come about while everyone claims they are correct while others are wrong and will be condemned to Damnation for all eternity?
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
allow me to drop this one on you all.... (I'm pretty busy today so I probably won't debate this, so take with a grain or two of salt, smile, and hit me up later:icon_bigg )

My problem with church, is that it is merely one person's interpretation of the Bible and how we should live and I'm supposed to take that as "the way". We all interpret things differently and if I simply needed an interpretation, I can do that myself. How do I know what is correct and what is not? How do I know the Bible I'm reading now is correct and accurate after being translated and interpreted time and time again over a couple thousand years? Man has a tendency to exaggerate and fabricate things unintentionally. How do I know this hasn't happened over the past 2000 years? Imagine how many people have translated and interpreted the Bible and it's teachings.....you don't think that lines have been skewed a time or two? How do I know Christianity is the one and only right religion? How can I say all the other religions are wrong if I have no way to prove or disprove anything? Why does the bible only mention heaven, , and earth? Is is not arrogant to think that in this enormous universe that we live in that we are the only beings in it and we are the sole "children" of ? If Christianity is "The" religion then how did so many beliefs come about while everyone claims they are correct while others are wrong and will be condemned to Damnation for all eternity?
all that you asked is where the word faith comes in. faith that it is right and etc.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #27
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
all that you asked is where the word faith comes in. faith that it is right and etc.
but to me that equates to blind following. I need proof of things, that's where my dilemma is. I don't know how to get around that.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #28
paniro187

Quote:
but to me that equates to blind following. I need proof of things, that's where my dilemma is. I don't know how to get around that.
one word faith. faith in something unknown or something that there's no physical proof of.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #29
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
i call myself a christian because of what i believe, i believe that the christian is real, he knows me, he knows me like i know the back of my hand.

Fixed:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Just remember...without "US"...he's just "Jeez".........I kid I kid

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #31
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Just remember...without "US"...he's just "Jeez".........I kid I kid
I thought it was jesus (hey soos):laughing6

Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #32
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Just believing in does not make you a Christian. The word Christian means to be Christ-like. You can believe all day, but if you don't live like Christ would live, then you are not a Christian. There is also a difference between making mistakes, and willfully 'sinning' just because you like it! will forgive us for our mistakes, but he knows our hearts and knows if we are intending on changing our ways or not.
bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #33
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
one word faith. faith in something unknown or something that there's no physical proof of.
that reminds me of that South Park episode where the evolution teacher told Mr. Garrison "well I suppose if I said there's a great big spaghetti monster you'd believe that too because you can't disprove it!":laughing6 I'm not trying to mock anyone or anything, just thought it's funny because it kind of makes sense. Faith sounds like a cop out for not having proof. That makes me feel uneasy. As someone who thinks freely, I cannot bring myself to simply believe something because someone else tells me so. I need undeniable proof.

I am NOT saying I don't believe in , rather I am saying I don't believe the Christian stories on how it came to be. I do believe there is a higher power at work, for one simple reason....cognitive thinking. We are all made up of atoms that come together to make a living organism, but how does our thought process just happen? But then maybe it's something so advanced for us, we just credit it to a higher power.....obviously I am struggling with this and need a little direction. (and no, reading the bible to me will not suffice.)
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #34
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
that reminds me of that South Park episode where the evolution teacher told Mr. Garrison "well I suppose if I said there's a great big spaghetti monster you'd believe that too because you can't disprove it!":laughing6

k mich doubleborder220

http://www.venganza.org/ :icon_bigg
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #35
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby
Just believing in does not make you a Christian. The word Christian means to be Christ-like. You can believe all day, but if you don't live like Christ would live, then you are not a Christian. There is also a difference between making mistakes, and willfully 'sinning' just because you like it! will forgive us for our mistakes, but he knows our hearts and knows if we are intending on changing our ways or not.
there you go. tha'ts what i've been trying to say but in a nice well put short message.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #36
slowposer
pose slower

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

i believe in dinosaurs...please dont take that away from me.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #37
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer
i believe in dinosaurs...please dont take that away from me.
do Christians not believe in Dinosaurs?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #38
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
As someone who thinks freely, I cannot bring myself to simply believe something because someone else tells me so. I need undeniable proof.

What people don't ask themselves is why they believe in their . I bet 99.9% of the cases, it's what they were taught to believe. You may argue for your and christian ways, but the truth is, if you were born in certain other places, you would not believe in christianity. Luck o' the draw I guess.

Then you have the parents who go a step further and name their kid Christian (no offense chris, lol) ... although i've yet to run across a kid named Jew, Muslim or Pagan. :laughing6
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #39
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
do Christians not believe in Dinosaurs?

Most do, but some don't. The dating of the fossils conflicts with the age of the earth described by the xian bible.

Search youtube and you find a lot of videos of xians who are now trying to argue that dinosaurs ARE mentioned in a bible. Just not with that name.

... and yes, there are some MH'Ride Smart that do not believe in dinosaurs.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #40
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
Most do, but some don't. The dating of the fossils conflicts with the age of the earth described by the xian bible.

Search youtube and you find a lot of videos of xians who are now trying to argue that dinosaurs ARE mentioned in a bible. Just not with that name.

... and yes, there are some MH'Ride Smart that do not believe in dinosaurs.
That seems funny to not believe in Dinosaurs when you can go to a museum and see their bones, but believe in a you've never seen. Faith back-firing at it's finest!

Advertisement