MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Feedback Rating: (0)

What is a Christian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
then how can you call yourself a real christian. Not trying to start just asking. don't you think a person like you makes the christians religion and christ look bad when a person like yourself acts like he does yet says he a christian. before you answer that remember what the definition of christian is. this isn't what this thread is about but if you want to make another thread about this subject then let's do it.

this thread is about how the society is bending over backwards to appease everyone (mostly muslims it seems) yet everyone else is sacrificing so they can be happy.
i call myself a christian because of what i believe, i believe that is real, he knows me, he knows me like i know the back of my hand.

I think he uses me the way i am and i am happy the way i am.

Im not going to feel bad because of the "sins" i commit. again, he knows me, if i was all that bad, he could've taken me when he had the chance.

i dont go to church, , i dont really believe in church, i think church is a bussiness and the preachor is the salesman. I have my time with when i feel its right. I dont feel getting dressed up in my best suit, going and giving money to the "salesman" is going to get me in heaven. knows my heart, he will be the one to judge, no one else
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who is a christian? obed The Circus 92 06-18-2013 06:55 AM
Any christian riders out there? Josue1300 Off Topic 100 07-01-2011 04:14 PM
ok how about what does it mean to be a true christian?? paniro187 The Circus 32 01-08-2010 12:12 PM
So most everyone here is a Christian Conservative morvegil The Circus 109 12-17-2009 12:05 PM
Anyone here NOT a Christian? morvegil Off Topic 81 06-08-2009 04:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
i call myself a christian because of what i believe, i believe that is real, he knows me, he knows me like i know the back of my hand.

I think he uses me the way i am and i am happy the way i am.

Im not going to feel bad because of the "sins" i commit. again, he knows me, if i was all that bad, he could've taken me when he had the chance.

i dont go to church, , i dont really believe in church, i think church is a bussiness and the preachor is the salesman. I have my time with when i feel its right. I dont feel getting dressed up in my best suit, going and giving money to the "salesman" is going to get me in heaven. knows my heart, he will be the one to judge, no one else
faith without works is dead. that about sums it up.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
faith without works is dead. that about sums it up.
explain more
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
paniro187

I'm not a christian. I believe but don't practice which means I can have a ll the faith in in the world but as long as i openly sin with no repentence I'm not a true christian.

you said in the other thread you you drink smoke before marriage and etc. things you KNOW are wrong yet you do them anyway. do you still think you'r ea real christian.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

a real christian should TENACIOUSLY follow the bible

you Can't be luke warm for jeeeeeeeeezus
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
paniro187

that's what faith without works in dead. you can know all you want of the bible and etc and have all the faith that it's right and that jesus and are who you should be worshiping. but if you don't put into action what he asks you to do then you're still not in gods favour because faith without works is dead.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

yes, i am a christian, im not a bible beater, like i said, i dont really believe in church. but i believe, just in a diffrent way.

let he who is w/o sin, cast the first stone........at me
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
Gigolo Jason

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Ya'll are thinking too much.

All ya'll need to get laid more.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
knows we are humans and he knows we will sin, but you have to remember to ask for forgiveness and not make the same mistakes again. We do a lot of things that are sins doesn't mean we are not Christians, or Catholics, etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #10
paniro187

Quote:
yes, i am a christian, im not a bible beater, like i said, i dont really believe in church. but i believe, just in a diffrent way.

dude i'm just saying the bible says "faith without works is dead."

I'm not passing judgment I'm saying what the bible says. and that's what the passage means. please don't get upset with me like i'm passing judgment on you.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #11
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:

Joel Olsteen FTW!!!
Perfect example of a bullshit church. Prosper this.. Give your 10%... Become rich... etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
knows we are humans and he knows we will sin, but you have to remember to ask for forgiveness and not make the same mistakes again. We do a lot of things that are sins doesn't mean we are not Christians, or Catholics, etc.
it's on thing to sin and ask for forgiveness but to constantly do it over and over and know you're sinning when you do it then claim Christianity if bringing reproach on the whole religion.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
dude i'm just saying the bible says "faith without works is dead."
I'm not passing judgment I'm saying what the bible says. and that's what the passage means. please don't get upset with me like i'm passing judgment on you.

If he has his own personal time with in the privacy of his own home, that's still considered dead??

Not trying to stir , but I think that he has made a decision that works best for him.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #14
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
I think that's true but if you sin, ask for repentence and then willfully keep sinning do you think he forgives so easily the next time. I think there is a difference in making a mistake and willfully sinning with no remorse.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #15
paniro187

Quote:

If he has his own personal time with in the privacy of his own home, that's still considered dead??

Not trying to stir , but I think that he has made a decision that works best for him.
not about that. but about he saying he drinks smokes and has before marriage. alice said it right in the other thread. it could be summed up as

WWJD?

would he choose war under any circumstances would he carry guins would he have before marriage would he........this and that??? if he wouldn't then a true christians shouldn't be doing it.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
I think that's true but if you sin, ask for repentence and then willfully keep sinning do you think he forgives so easily the next time. I think there is a difference in making a mistake and willfully sinning with no remorse.
ding ding ding. right then.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #17
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
No, that's why I said to not make the same mistake again.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #18
paniro187

Quote:
No, that's why I said to not make the same mistake again.
we will all make the same mistake again. but to constantly do it over and over again know tht it can be helped each time you do it. then keep asking for repentance..............

Old 06-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #19
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:

I think it comes down to attitudes vs. behaviors. Paniro is saying live it. 1Arm's saying he just "believes" in it. Or at least that's what I've drawn.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
I think it comes down to attitudes vs. behaviors. Paniro is saying live it. 1Arm's saying he just "believes" in it. Or at least that's what I've drawn.
don't get me wrong like i said before i don't live it. i believe it but tha'ts ot enough you have to live it too.

Advertisement