MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #21
Dub_B83

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Pre-paid legal is a pyramid scam. Yes there are lawyers out there that they pay to work with you... But c'mon it isn't a bulletproof vest. Basically you get into the pyramid and get 10 people below you and kick profits up to the top and the top doesn't work at all and makes the most money. I had several friends doing it up in MN when I lived there.
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
go like my video / get me paid!! bentgixxer Off Topic 0 06-16-2012 11:20 AM
Anybody using a pre-paid broadband device? +Travis+ Off Topic 13 07-15-2010 10:32 AM
Paid off car... now what? specterunseen Off Topic 9 12-03-2009 04:32 PM
Paid Off Dobeman General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-31-2009 03:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #22
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I dont know about the SCAM part I not sure I believe that. But I will tell you this works for the riders out there that are getting tickets. I know from experience I got 18 tickets in 1 year and didnt have to pay a SINGLE one of them and only took defensive driving 1 time, so you do the math, and they also do wills and any legal problem you need help with, It is SO nice when you get pulled over and your are HAPPY to get the ticket because you know u have a lawyer in your corner that will handle it for you.

its so nice to have PIECE OF MIND!!! worth every penny the very first time u use it much less the next 17 times
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #23
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
Pre-paid legal is a pyramid scam. Yes there are lawyers out there that they pay to work with you... But c'mon it isn't a bulletproof vest. Basically you get into the pyramid and get 10 people below you and kick profits up to the top and the top doesn't work at all and makes the most money. I had several friends doing it up in MN when I lived there.
+1
If you google a prepaid legal, you'll get a better picture of this organization. I went to meeting a few years back an its just like any other MLM organization (amway, tahitian noni juice,etc). The main goal is to make money for the people that buy into it.....not to provide legal services. You get a check based on the number of people in your downline and the accts that they sign up. CAVEAT EMPTOR.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #24
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
+1
If you google a prepaid legal, you'll get a better picture of this organization. I went to meeting a few years back an its just like any other MLM organization (amway, tahitian noni juice,etc). The main goal is to make money for the people that buy into it.....not to provide legal services. You get a check based on the number of people in your downline and the accts that they sign up. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Trust me....believe this man....:notworthy

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #25
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

No one is asking you to make a business out of it.....It will help the person that just pays his dues monthly or yearly. Lisa and I paid like 200.00 dollars a year for both of us and thats all you do and if you have a problem just make a call thats all. I wonder how many tickets a year we get, ask Clayton, and do you think 200.00 would pay many tickets, its like insurance I really no feel like we cant do without it......I didnt sign up for it the first time it was offered and got stopped 1 month later and got like 700.00 dollars worth of tickets in one stop:BangHead: , and i called the next day and joined, thats like three or four years of piece of mind........:icon_bigg
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #26
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

always remember - if it sounds too good to be true then................
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #27
socplay50

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha R6 SOLD :(

Send a message via AIM to socplay50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
always remember - if it sounds too good to be true then................
exactly what i was thinking
socplay50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #28
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I have a friend of mine who is a 'seller' of prepaid legal insurance. It is legal insurance, that is all it is.

If you ever need a lawyer, you have one. It is a network of lawyers that signed up to agree for this service. They are normal law firms like anyone else. You call their number (you will find out who your local lawyer office is after you sign up) and they will consult you for free, represent you in court for so-and-so many hours a year for free, etc.

I already used them for consulting several times. You call, give them your prepaid legal number and they answer any question you may have. My friend actually signed up for it after they helped her out with several incidents and she figured she may just want to sell it herself.

I don't mind the $18 or what it costs on monthly piece of mind. Also, if anyone ever sues you, they represent you for free for a certain amount of hours a year. If you ever need it, I am sure it will pay itself off right there and then...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #29
andre3k
I see dead people...

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC
No one is asking you to make a business out of it.....It will help the person that just pays his dues monthly or yearly. Lisa and I paid like 200.00 dollars a year for both of us and thats all you do and if you have a problem just make a call thats all. I wonder how many tickets a year we get, ask Clayton, and do you think 200.00 would pay many tickets, its like insurance I really no feel like we cant do without it......I didnt sign up for it the first time it was offered and got stopped 1 month later and got like 700.00 dollars worth of tickets in one stop:BangHead: , and i called the next day and joined, thats like three or four years of piece of mind........:icon_bigg
PPL admits freely that its a network marketing organization. Just from personal experience these business focus more on getting you to sell their "business" rather than the product itself. When I went to the PPL meeting in 2001, it was exactly like an Amway meeting I attended in 1997, sames sales tactics just different products. Then at the meetings they want you to buy all the motivational tapes and books to help you sell the product, on top of the costs that you pay to join.

In years since, I've met people that claim PPL has gotten them out of tickets. No evidence to back it up, just the claim. In order to "get out" of a ticket, an atty has to represent you in court and do one of three things. 1. Go to trial, ask for deferred disposition, or request DDC. You can also hope that the officer doesn't show. All of this can be done by yourself.

With HPD, most officers give a packet with a pink envelope that allow to select DDC or Deferred before your first court date. From what I remember PPL is pretty much all phone consultation. So do they have atty's that actually go to court and defend you? By the way which local law firm defended you in your cases?

I'm not calling it an all out scam or waste of money but I hate spending money on stuff that I can do myself.

I remember one guy I arrested b/c he chewed up the tip of his wifes nose in a fight. He said that he couldn't go to jail b/c he had pre paid legal. pulled his card out too.

Last edited by andre3k; 06-12-2007 at 10:01 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #30
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

P.S. Almost all reputable lawyers will give you a free consultation and even free advice.

If you really have problems with speeding tickets, quit speeding.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #31
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

let me just start by saying, PPL is not a scam it has worked for us for the past 15 years. As far as proof to back it up, Tim is not in jail and never been in jail for repeated offences. They are also helping us with other legal matters as we speak. I am now an associate with PPL and the enrollment is minimal in comparison to the money there is to be made. If you would like to view some information about PPL you can go to my web site listed below.

www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/lisayellis

you can contact me through e-mail or by phone or PM with your questions and or concerns.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #32
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Caviat Emptor

It is cheap, but not perfect. Maybe SCAM is the wrong word, but it definitely is a pyramid scheme. I have been to their "training" and about when they told me what I would be needing to pay to become a "vendor" I stood up and walked toward the door. Guy in the front in the Armani suit driving the Ferrari says "Whats wrong, you don't want to dress like me or dive a nice car?" I said I don't want to help you buy your next car. I don't feel it is an honest business. I'll talk to attorneys about legal business and do my own research and foot work rather than rely on someone else I talk to over the phone.

Just my .02
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #33
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I agree you do have to explore your options, but everyone knows IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. No one opens thier own business without investment. You can continue working for someone else and making them money, I would rather be my own boss and all profits go to me and or my business. Tim has been a mechanic for 25 years and in that 25 years he has literally made millions for the people he has worked for. When his last job went sour we discussed our options and decided to start making money for our family not some jerk off that you can hardly stand to be around. Everyone charts thier own destiny and if the power is in your hands you regulate what you make and how you spend or invest in your own life. It's a personal choice.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #34
Gaston

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husaberg FE450

Even if it isn't a scam, if you need to have a legal "insurance policy", as you will knowingly continue to break the law, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Like someone else said above, if you have probelms with speeding tickets, then stop speeding.

If you realy need to speed (not talking about your casual 10 mph over the limt that we all do from time to time), take it to the track!!!!

FLAME ON<>
Old 06-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #35
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston
Even if it isn't a scam, if you need to have a legal "insurance policy", as you will knowingly continue to break the law, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Like someone else said above, if you have probelms with speeding tickets, then stop speeding.

If you realy need to speed (not talking about your casual 10 mph over the limt that we all do from time to time), take it to the track!!!!

FLAME ON<>
About how I feel and if I really feel like I have a just reason for hauling then write me the ticket and I will be on my merry way.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #36
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston
Some people have it as a defense. :icon_smil I had a legal issue that I wasn't prepared to deal with. I could've gotten sued for over 10K. I went ahead and signed up for the prepaid legal to have something to fall back on in case I needed representation. It never happened but I decided to keep it for now. I guess I'll know how good or bad it really is when I truly need it.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #37
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Hello did you guys not see my post about them helping me out of 18 tickets in one year, this was worth a whole lot more than 200.00 a year, I dont think you could pay for 1 ticket for that and we havent even discussed the effect 18 tickets would have on your insurance, Yousa
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #38
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
this thread started out really interested, now you're both just turning it into a bullshit sales pitch. but i think the only thing you have succeeded in is turning EVERYONE off on the idea of PPL. sounds like a total scam to me as well.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #39
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Cool, just so you know we are not trying to sell any of you anything. It is the right of each individual to determine if this is for them or not and it's not just for tickets. We simply wanted to inform our MH community that keep getting tickets that there is a way to eleviate some of the expence that occures when you ride to extremes. I don't want to sell someone on something they don't believe in. THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH. It does not matter to me if you want to have a bs ticket on your record or not, but I will say prepaid legal has been very good to us.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #40
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Just stating the facts if Everyone doesent like it thats fine , just ignore it buddy, I,m not trying to sell , just be informitive. the next time your on the side of the road or in court 1/2 a day you might be thinking Hum, maybe wasnt a bad idea afterall, but only time will tell.

Advertisement