Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-23-2015, 07:40 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSBK 2015 Thailand race two results
Race results from round two of the 2015 World Superbike season
JONATHAN Rea has dominated the second round of the 2015 World Superbike season after doing the double at the Chang International Circuit in Thailand.
Rea claimed his 18th career win and extended his championship lead to 10-points after doing the double in Thailand.
The Ulsterman dominated the entire weekend after claiming pole position, fastest laps, leading both races along with two race wins.
After making an error in race one, Voltcom Crescent Suzuki’s Alex Lowes was eager to make it up to himself and his team. After following Rea closely, fellow British rider Leon Haslam took second away from Lowes.
Tom Sykes finished race two in fifth just behind Aprilia’s Jordi Torres. The Spaniard fought hard to overtake the former WSBK Champion with two laps to go before finally making a successful move into turn 3.
Clutch problems saw the reigning World Champion Sylvain Guintoli start from the back of the grid after missing the sighting lap, but after a fast first lap he made it up to 12th to finally finish in 6th just ahead of his team-mate Michael van der Mark.
Matteo Baiocco, David Salom and Leandro Mercado fought for the most of the 20-lap race to shuffle about in the top ten whilst Troy Bayliss finished just outside in 11th.
Chaz Davies suffered a second crash of the day early on in the race, but was once again able to remount finishing in 15th.
Both Team Hero EBR riders Niccolo Canepa and Larry Pegram were unable to race in race 2 just to engine issues caused by extreme heat.
Race two results:
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing
2. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia (+4.946)
3. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki (+8.701)
4. Jordi Torres ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia (+10.628)
5. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing (+14.325)
6. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike (+23.060)
7. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike (+21.246)
8. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati (+24.868)
9. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki (+25.744)
10. Leandro Mercado ARG Barni Ducati (+29.692)
11. Troy Bayliss AUS Aruba.it Racing Ducati (+34.533)
12. Nico Terol ESP Althea Ducati (+38.323)
13. Sylvain Barrier FRA BMW Italia (+45.834)
14. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki (+45.955)
15. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati (+1:00.898)
16. Greg Gildenhuys RSA Pedercini Kawasaki (+1:23.943)
17. Anucha Nakcharoensri THA YSS TS Honda (+1:38.125)
18. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW (+1 lap)
19. Ireneusz Sikora POL Team Toth BMW (+1 lap)
20. Chanon Chumjai THA RAC Oil BMW (+1 lap)
DNF. Santiago Barragan ESP Grillini Kawasaki
DNF. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta F4 RR DNF. Randy de Puniet FRA Voltcom Crescent Suzuki
DNF. Christophe Ponsson LUX Grillini Kawasaki
DNF. Larry Pegram USA Team Hero EBR 1190RX
DNF. Niccolo Canepa ITA Team Hero EBR 1190RX
WSB 2015: Buriram, Thailand race one results
WSB 2015: Phillip Island race two results
WSB 2015: Phillip Island race one results
WSBK 2015: championship standings after Phillip Island
WSB 2015: Championship standings after Buriram, Thailand