MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #21
Paradox

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
VT750, CRF450R (For Sale)

I bought my bike over there. When I got there they could not find the keys to the bike on the showroom floor. When I did get a new one home it looked like the monkey who assembled it used a chisel to put the front wheel on. The aluminum fork lower was deeply gouged and I didn't notice it or the scrapes on the bottom of the frame where it looked like some one drug it across the floor. I can't say too much though because I dropped it off at Wild West and they stripped the allen head pinch bolts on the front axel. None of the dealerships will ever touch another of my bikes if I can avoid it.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stubbs HD Now Hiring: Service Advisor Texmex1 Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 0 04-30-2014 03:41 PM
KT Cycle Service Experience's slydelon General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-26-2014 07:37 AM
Stubbs Cycle (Suzuki SALE) Corsaro Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 13 06-28-2013 11:27 PM
so mad at stubbs cycle dfresh Off Topic 60 07-16-2007 03:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #22
YZFracer212

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 SV 1000 ~ Street, 2000 SV 650 ~ track, 2007 RMZ 250 ~ MX, 2003 CRF 88 ~ play

Send a message via AIM to YZFracer212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z
One day i called stubbs on telephone road and they answer the phone saying "Pasadena Honda"... stupid joke or what?
I think you must have messed up and called pasadena honda, because we have a dispatch person at the HARLEY store that answers the phone. So there would be no way, they answer the phone stubbs cycles how can we direct your call.
YZFracer212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #23
slowposer
pose slower

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

bad juju at stubbs sw...
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #24
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Bill is the only parts guy at that store
hey, i take offense to that! im not a guru like bill but im pretty good. i can find 95%+ of what people ask me for, most of the time i ask for bills help is when i need some obscure funky part for some 30 something year old restoration project.

however, i do understand why you say that. the main reason its that way, is stubbs sw has a very high turnover rate. no one likes to stay working there very long, so no one learns anything. they cant keep people coming into work enough to gain any experiance.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
aiight. to my knowledge this is the scenario:

(anyone correct me if im wrong)

long brought the boat in, had a major service and a carb clean. when picking the boat up he started it up, it ran, he took it home, put it in his garage. goes to take the boat out and it runs horribly.

sounds like a horror story, right?

well what wasnt in the original post, is that he didnt have the boat in for service last week, or even last month. it was about a year ago. did i mention the boat was started after the carb clean and then left in a garage for a year?

the boat just needs another carb clean and it should run.
just like a bike your putting up for winter, you have to shut off the fuel and run all the gas outta the carbs or its gonna turn into gunk in there.

if any of this info is not correct please let me know, just doing my part to clear up the situation on everyones behalf.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
Longnguyen

thats is correct chris. nothing to hide here. but there is always a "but".....the but is...........i never had work done on the jet ski before ever..........and results? Starts and runs every year no prob. Never one time the carb got gunk in 6 yrs but the one time i get it done it didnt work. Mind you this jet ski is 2000 model.....no work never serviced = 6 yrs good operation less then 40 hrs on it.
So now you can see my frustration. Although i did not post when i got the service, it is fact that it did not work after the service. I did get called early, took it in and see if everything will work out. Thanks chris for your follow up.
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #27
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

np, its cool. im gonna keep an ear out for you like i said, too.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #28
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Forgive me, I didnt read everything just skimmed over it. Who worked on it? JK?
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #29
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

sounds like stubbs did their part. sorry to hear your ski no longer works, and it probably has a lot to do with the ethanol they started using in fuels last year that caused the issue. let me know if you need any parts or need a hand running through the fuel system, i see these problems daily with older sea doo's
Old 06-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #30
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
thats is correct chris. nothing to hide here. but there is always a "but".....the but is...........i never had work done on the jet ski before ever..........and results? Starts and runs every year no prob. Never one time the carb got gunk in 6 yrs but the one time i get it done it didnt work. Mind you this jet ski is 2000 model.....no work never serviced = 6 yrs good operation less then 40 hrs on it.
So now you can see my frustration. Although i did not post when i got the service, it is fact that it did not work after the service. I did get called early, took it in and see if everything will work out. Thanks chris for your follow up.
dude I cant beleve you even made this post. A YEAR LATER and you are calling them out, OMG.. typical "too high" move. I dont know you personally, but I have seen your posts about "dont want to spent 15.00 at uhaul for their trailer, but someone loan me their 1500.00 trailer".
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #31
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
haha.....you "too high"
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
Longnguyen

hold up.......lets start with the uhual.....when i asked for that its more for convenience since i was doing back to back trackdays saving me the hassle of pushing up a ramp into my truck and gear. $15 isnt much for one day but i felt it was not worth wasting 4x15 since two days it was to sit...the day before track and after so i asked someone since people on here help eachother out. If not no big deal I can do without it. The second part on the jetski is yea its been one yr. I started the post without bashing or any bad language........I guess if it was your stuff you would just say yea its a yr my fault. I simply asked for anyone with inside connections so i can get my situation fixed nothing else.Heres what i did last yr.........sent it in.....hey guys i never got work done on this stuff do whatever to service it thats like a green light to fix anything paid bill, no questions asked, doesnt work as it supposed to next time its out. Of course you would want to know what went wrong, could be any things, i;ve let my bike, car, jetski sit for more then yrs and have them work fine but i know i didnt spend $$$ to have it not work. I dont see how that is high? Thats just someone who wants to know where his money went.
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #33
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

I might have been confused, but I took this as a bashing thread. With the new "high tech" gasoline, three months is too long to sit. Read Jets "ethenol" post, Fyi stabil(sp?) is an additive you should invest in, I found "sea foam" additve works well also.

Advertisement