MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #21
lococnc

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 Tuono
2004 919
2004 FJR1300
2011 CBR250R
2006 SV650N, 2007 SV650N, 2009 TTR-110, 2002 KTM 520 EXC, Sold

Sena SMH-10... Again, sounds like a broken record.

Would buy again.
lococnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alarm systems hfp3030 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-18-2013 04:59 PM
Emissions control systems Ares Off Topic 17 08-17-2010 09:37 PM
Car Audio Systems? TeXasGiXXer Off Topic 11 11-25-2008 10:24 AM
US Government systems FTMFL LunchBox Off Topic 7 11-24-2008 05:18 PM
GPS systems Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 09-11-2006 04:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #22
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

If you talk on the phone or do bike-to-bike intercomm a lot, Sena with wired mic is probably a better bet.

I don't accept phone calls much while riding. Don't much like the idea, but I'll take a call if I feel it might be important. For those times, they can tell I'm riding but have no problem hearing me.

I don't do bike to bike intercom. Folks I ride with don't care for it. The only one that does has an old system that interfaces with LMRS/HRS walkie-talkie. So I got an Uclear WT300 and a Motorola walkie talkie. Works quite well. I also use it to talk to the kids when I'm riding and them in the family truckster.

99.9% of the time, mine is used strictly as a Bluetooth headset for my smartphone, listening to podcast and occasionally GPS directions.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #23
KillinTime

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Scala rider g9x here and zero complaints. I listen to the radio, ipod, talk on the phone and use the intercom.
KillinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #24
TheFantasticG

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Don't buy the smh 10r. The jog dial on the others is super convenient. I'd hate to have to fumble around for a button with riding gloves. Also, that one has separate battery you have to find a place for. that..

I really like my smh10r. I got it for the low profile. Battery fits perfect center back of both helmets I have had it on. After a couple of rides I got the button presses memorized and voice activation works just fine too. My only problem with it is the latest firmware update has totally farked the battery life. When I first got it I'd get 6'ish hours of continuous use, and now after v5.1 I'm getting 3-4. Yes, it was literally right after the firmware update that battery life dropped. I contacted Sena and they said I need to do a reset to defaults after any firmware update but that didn't fix it. I have to contact them again... I'm also going to roll it back to get the battery life back.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #25
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Question for those with the Sena SMH10. If you are listening to music and your riding buddy is trying to communicate with you, does your unit automatically switch to intercom? If so, do you need to manually switch it back to your BT audio for your phone? If not, how are you suppose to know to switch to intercom while listening to music? Wave your buddy down and make hand motions? lol
Old 03-18-2015, 11:21 PM   #26
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I've had my HBC200 for a while now and been pretty happy with it. The lack of a boom mic is pretty nice.

I will admit though I am considering one of the Sena systems though and giving this one to my wife - mainly for the ability to pair it with my bike as well as with the phone. While the HBC is supposed to be able to pair with 2 devices at once, it doesn't QUITE seem to work that way in real life.
FWIW, I've had it BT'ed into my Galaxy S5 and the WT300 at the same time, and the switchover works quite well. When I first got the Uclear some 2-3yrs ago, it couldn't pair with 2 devices at the same time. The latest firmware update fixed that... along with other new features, like cross-brand intercomm and better noise cancelling, which don't much apply to me.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #27
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Question for those with the Sena SMH10. If you are listening to music and your riding buddy is trying to communicate with you, does your unit automatically switch to intercom? If so, do you need to manually switch it back to your BT audio for your phone? If not, how are you suppose to know to switch to intercom while listening to music? Wave your buddy down and make hand motions? lol
It's all automatic. If you get a phone call, text, email anything after you get done it switches back to the music.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 AM   #28
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
I really like my smh10r. I got it for the low profile. Battery fits perfect center back of both helmets I have had it on. After a couple of rides I got the button presses memorized and voice activation works just fine too. My only problem with it is the latest firmware update has totally farked the battery life. When I first got it I'd get 6'ish hours of continuous use, and now after v5.1 I'm getting 3-4. Yes, it was literally right after the firmware update that battery life dropped. I contacted Sena and they said I need to do a reset to defaults after any firmware update but that didn't fix it. I have to contact them again... I'm also going to roll it back to get the battery life back.
That sucks..... I've been riding for 10 hours and sit was still working. Can't say how much was left, but it was still jamming away.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #29
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

I think maybe Toe's sucks, because every time I call while he is riding, there's no answer
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #30
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
I think maybe Toe's sucks, because every time I call while he is riding, there's no answer
It also tells me who's calling....
Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #31
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
It's all automatic. If you get a phone call, text, email anything after you get done it switches back to the music.
Am I using mine wrong? I have been manually switching between music and intercom. Yeah, phone calls will interrupt, but not intercom.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #32
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Once I tap the big button, it goes back to music. That's if I was on the intercom.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #33
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Am I using mine wrong? I have been manually switching between music and intercom. Yeah, phone calls will interrupt, but not intercom.
I meant after you hang up on a call or disconnect from an intercom conversation. Mine automatically goes back to music. I also have the back button configured to s-voice. That way it will read my text messages and make calls. Pretty freaking handy..
Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #34
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Ok yeah, that's what I had experienced as well. Shame there's not a way to do music and intercom concurrently.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #35
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
It switches to intercom automatically from music too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Once I tap the big button, it goes back to music. That's if I was on the intercom.
What about the other way around. If someone intercom's you, does it automatically switch to intercom from music? I don't mind manually switching back but I want to know someone is trying to communicate with me.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #36
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:

What about the other way around. If someone intercom's you, does it automatically switch to intercom from music? I don't mind manually switching back but I want to know someone is trying to communicate with me.
In my experience, it does not. Riding in a group of 3, one guy opted to listen to music while the other guy and I did intercom. The music listener ducked in and out of the intercom every now and then, but it's not like he was being notified that we were talking or not talking on intercom while he was listening to music.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #37
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
In my experience, it does not. Riding in a group of 3, one guy opted to listen to music while the other guy and I did intercom. The music listener ducked in and out of the intercom every now and then, but it's not like he was being notified that we were talking or not talking on intercom while he was listening to music.
That wouldn't really do me any good. The unit seems like it would be a nice addition to my rides but that's a must have feature IMO. I can understand getting notifications of calls\text\emails since you are directly connected by BT to your phone but I need an interrupt feature if someone in the ride is trying to communicate. Maybe the transition from phone to intercom can't happen soon enough in real time while a buddy is talking.. in which case I understand. But if it cut out the first 2 seconds of their sentence while it switched over, I'd at least acknowledge I was being communicated to.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #38
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
That wouldn't really do me any good. The unit seems like it would be a nice addition to my rides but that's a must have feature IMO. I can understand getting notifications of calls\text\emails since you are directly connected by BT to your phone but I need an interrupt feature if someone in the ride is trying to communicate. Maybe the transition from phone to intercom can't happen soon enough in real time while a buddy is talking.. in which case I understand. But if it cut out the first 2 seconds of their sentence while it switched over, I'd at least acknowledge I was being communicated to.
If you're listening to music and someone intercoms you, it pauses the music and gives a beep and the intercom starts. You talk, get done, and discoonnect. Your music starts automatically right where you left off. Same thing with a call. Text messages gives you the same sound that your phone is set up with, but doesn't interrupt your music.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #39
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:

First let me say that you can't just intercom some random dude without syncing the intercom's with a series of button pushes. For example, while I was in the hill country last week, we all had sena's, there were 3 of us. I sync with the first guy and assign him one click of the intercom button then sync with the second guy and assign him 2 clicks. If I want to talk to anyone during the ride I click the button one or two times depending on who I want to talk to or hol down for group talk. After I hit the button, the music is paused in both head sets and a beep is heard letting you know both of you are connected and you start talking. After you're done, and you hang up, music comes back automatically. Is that clear as mud?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #40
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
First let me say that you can't just intercom some random dude without syncing the intercom's with a series of button pushes. For example, while I was in the hill country last week, we all had sena's, there were 3 of us. I sync with the first guy and assign him one click of the intercom button then sync with the second guy and assign him 2 clicks. If I want to talk to anyone during the ride I click the button one or two times depending on who I want to talk to or hol down for group talk. After I hit the button, the music is paused in both head sets and a beep is heard letting you know both of you are connected and you start talking. After you're done, and you hang up, music comes back automatically. Is that clear as mud?
Clearer than a horrible case of acne. I just want to make sure so thanks Toe!
Liked this post:

Advertisement