Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-16-2015, 06:40 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Qatar MotoGP test times day one
Factory Ducati team finishes first day on top
THE factory Ducati Team has finished day one of the Qatar test at the top of the time sheets, two weeks before the first MotoGP round of the 2015 season.
Most teams waited until 6pm before heading out on track, to replicate the floodlit conditions they will contend with in two weeks' time at the Qatar circuit.
At the last test the Ducati team said it would make a significant update for Qatar. Ducati rider Andrea Iannone topped the time sheets, with a 1:55.265 lap, 0.7 seconds off Lorenzo's pole time from 2015.
Iannone's team-mate Dovizioso finished less than a 10th of a second behind, in second place.
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez finished the day in third place, 0.289 seconds behind both Ducatis. Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa put in a late flying lap to finish in fifth after trying different fork settings on his RC213V.
Team Suzuki Ecstar saw Aleix Espargaro finish fourth fastest on-board his GSX-RR. The team hopes to try some updates to the machine over the course of the Qatar test. Maverick Vinales finished 0.4 seconds behind Espargaro, placing him 11th. He damaged both of his bikes in crashes without injury to himself.
The Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team continued to develop its seamless-shift gearbox, announced last week. Jorge Lorenzo finished sixth, just one-10th of a second ahead of team-mate Valentino Rossi. Nine-time former world champion Rossi had crashed out earlier on in the day, but walked away unhurt.
CWM-LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow set a time of 1:55.837 as the team continued to solve the brake issue which hampered Crutchlow at the second Sepang test. His team-mate Jack Miller made progress with the Open-spec Honda and finished less than two seconds behind Iannone.
Bradley Smith finished marginally behind Rossi in ninth place for the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team, while Pol Espragrao struggled to match his team-mate's pace and finished 14th.
Test times on day one:
1. Andrea Iannone Ducati Team 1:55.265 30 / 50
2. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team 1:55.363 (+0.098) 36 / 48
3. Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 1:55.554 (+0.289) 23 / 44
4. Aleix Espargaro Team Suzuki Ecstar 1:55.698 (+0.433) 33 / 44
5. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 1:55.813 (+0.548) 31 / 33
6. Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:55.828 (+0.563) 42 / 43
7. Cal Crutchlow CWM LCR Honda 1:55.837 (+0.572 26 / 38
8. Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:55.938 (+0.673) 27 / 48
9. Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:55.954 (+0.689) 41 / 43
10. Scott Redding Estrella Galicia 0.0 Marc VDS 1:56.112 (+0.847) 43 / 47
11. Maverick Vinales Team Suzuki Ecstar 1:56.130 (+0.865) 42 / 42
12. Danilo Petrucci Pramac Racing 1:56.132 (+0.867) 44 / 44
13. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Racing 1:56.301 (+1.036) 26 / 38
14. Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:56.615 (+1.350) 31 / 50
15. Karel Abraham AB Motoracing 1:56.638 (+1.373) 29 / 34
16. Mike di Meglio Avintia Racing 1:56.719 (+1.454) 32 / 45
17. Nicky Hayden Drive M7 Aspar 1:57.099 (+1.834) 40 / 47
18. Stefan Bradl Athina Forward Racing 1:57.146 (+1.881) 16 / 27
19. Jack Miller CWM LCR Honda 1:57.228 (+1.963) 43 / 49
20. Loris Baz Athina Forward Racing 1:57.376 (+2.111) 34 / 40
21. Hector Barbera Avintia Racing 1:57.405 (+2.140) 4 / 18
22. Eugene Laverty Drive M7 Aspar 1:57.500 (+2.235) 36 / 44
23. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 1:57.664 (+2.399) 31 / 53
24. Alex de Angelis Octo Ioda Racing Team 1:58.026 (+2.761) 26 / 45
25. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 1:58.459 (+3.194) 24 / 34
26. Marco Melandri Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 1:58.990 (+3.725) 19 / 19
Ducati finish day two second and fifth
Dovizioso v Hayden: what 0.01 secs looks like
Marquez 'regaining confidence with bike' at Sepang test
Repsol Honda finishes Sepang test on top
Sepang MotoGP test times - day one