MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Marquez sees Yamaha team as rivals not Ducati

Marquez knows his rivals for the 2015 season and Ducati are not one them

Marquez sees Yamaha team as rivals not Ducati

REIGNING MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez does not the factory Ducati team as a threat this year regardless of their fast Qatar test times.

The pace of the two factory Ducati’s has been a talking point during the first two days of the final pre-season test at the Losail International Circuit. The new Ducati GP15’s have proved to be a force to be reckoned so far at Qatar with after finishing top of the time-sheets for the first two days.

Ducati are yet to use the softer tyre during the Qatar test. Speaking to motogp.com Marquez said: “I believe they’re not using the extra-soft tyre to avoid creating a scare, because their lap-times would quickly drop by one second!”

“At the end of the day, it's clear that our rivals are the Yamaha riders and Dani [Pedrosa] - they are our rivals for the championship.

“At some specific point, the Ducati will be there at the front but they have this 'handicap' of losing some of their advantages if they get good results, so yeah, I know who my rivals are and who I have to keep a close eye on.”

The Italian factory team are able to use the softer tyre option available to Open class teams or any manufacturer who have not achieved a race win in dry conditions since the 2013 season. Ducati fall into the latter category. However, if they achieve three race wins during the 2015 season they will no longer be able to use the softer option.

Related Content

Crutchlow: Honda are the team to beat
MotoGP Valencia test times - day one
MotoGP Valencia test times - day two
MotoGP Valencia test times - day three
Austin MotoGP test times - Day 2

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement