Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|03-15-2015, 12:11 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Qatar MotoGP test times Day 1
Factory Ducati team finish on top after the first day
THE factory Ducati Team have finish day one of the Qatar test at the top of the time-sheets two weeks before the first MotoGP round of the 2015 season begins.
Most teams waiting until 6pm before heading out on track to imitate the conditions under floodlights all riders will contend with in two weeks times around the 5.4km Qatar circuit.
At the last test Ducati said they would be bringing a significant update to Qatar which appeared to suit the Losail circuit as Andrea Iannone topped the time-sheets with a 1:55.265 after completing 30 laps, 0.7 seconds off Lorenzo's pole time from 2015.
Iannone's team-mate Dovizioso finished less than a tenth of a second behind finishing second.
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez finished the day in third, 0.289 seconds behind both Ducati's. Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa put in a late flying lap to finish in fifth after trying different fork settings on his RC213V.
Team Suzuki Ecstar saw Aleix Espargaro finished fourth fastest on-board his GSX-RR. The Suzuki Ecstar team hope to test some updates to the machine over the course of the Qatar test. Maverick Vinales finished 0.4 seconds behind Espargaro placing him 11th due to damaging both of his bikes in crashes without injury to himself.
The Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team continued to develop their seamless shift gearbox after announcing they will be using it during the 2015 season. Jorge Lorenzo finished in sixth just one-tenth ahead of team-mate Valentino Rossi. The nine-time World Champion crashed out earlier on in the day, but walked away unhurt.
CWM-LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow set a time of 1:55.837 as the team continued to solve the brake issue which hampered Crutchlow at the second Sepang test. His team-mate Jack Miller made progress with the Open-spec Honda finished less than 2 seconds slower than Iannone.
Bradley Smith finished marginally behind Rossi in 9th for the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team whilst Pol Espragrao struggled to match his team-mates pace and finished in 14th.
Test times on day one:
1. Andrea Iannone Ducati Team 1:55.265 30 / 50
2. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team 1:55.363 (+0.098) 36 / 48
3. Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 1:55.554 (+0.289) 23 / 44
4. Aleix Espargaro Team Suzuki Ecstar 1:55.698 (+0.433) 33 / 44
5. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 1:55.813 (+0.548) 31 / 33
6. Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:55.828 (+0.563) 42 / 43
7. Cal Crutchlow CWM LCR Honda 1:55.837 (+0.572 26 / 38
8. Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:55.938 (+0.673) 27 / 48
9. Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:55.954 (+0.689) 41 / 43
10. Scott Redding Estrella Galicia 0.0 Marc VDS 1:56.112 (+0.847) 43 / 47
11. Maverick Vinales Team Suzuki Ecstar 1:56.130 (+0.865) 42 / 42
12. Danilo Petrucci Pramac Racing 1:56.132 (+0.867) 44 / 44
13. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Racing 1:56.301 (+1.036) 26 / 38
14. Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:56.615 (+1.350) 31 / 50
15. Karel Abraham AB Motoracing 1:56.638 (+1.373) 29 / 34
16. Mike di Meglio Avintia Racing 1:56.719 (+1.454) 32 / 45
17. Nicky Hayden Drive M7 Aspar 1:57.099 (+1.834) 40 / 47
18. Stefan Bradl Athina Forward Racing 1:57.146 (+1.881) 16 / 27
19. Jack Miller CWM LCR Honda 1:57.228 (+1.963) 43 / 49
20. Loris Baz Athina Forward Racing 1:57.376 (+2.111) 34 / 40
21. Hector Barbera Avintia Racing 1:57.405 (+2.140) 4 / 18
22. Eugene Laverty Drive M7 Aspar 1:57.500 (+2.235) 36 / 44
23. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 1:57.664 (+2.399) 31 / 53
24. Alex de Angelis Octo Ioda Racing Team 1:58.026 (+2.761) 26 / 45
25. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 1:58.459 (+3.194) 24 / 34
26. Marco Melandri Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 1:58.990 (+3.725) 19 / 19
Ducati finish day two second and fifth
Dovizioso v Hayden: what 0.01 secs looks like
Marquez 'regaining confidence with bike' at Sepang test
Repsol Honda finishes Sepang test on top
Sepang MotoGP test times - day one