MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #61
Lunchbox6

Feedback Rating: (0)

I mean come on, Did you think that if you got enough supportive posts that the "Internet Police" would make the "Mean Old Mechanic" play nice and fix your bike for free?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK, f* ck Candy Crush Saga! eltejano Off Topic 38 05-24-2013 07:14 PM
GTR saga... SexualChocolate Car Forum 21 08-11-2011 08:22 AM
The BiPOLAR Saga FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 03-31-2009 11:25 AM
More myspace saga... dbuck Off Topic 5 05-15-2008 06:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #62
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Kh my advice would be to take it to Motorcycles Unlimited. I know you already spent time and money into this but I would take it to Patrick tell him what happened and see if he can cut you a deal.

I donít even know you and I feel like helping you out. Seems the dude that posted here from the shop might need a few lessons on being professional. Every business has people complaining about the service they received however reacting in such a manner is horrible business. IMO he should have apologized for the misunderstanding and asked you to bring it back in and go over everything and see if they might have been at fault for something.. Instead of taking the "we didnít do anything wrong" attitude".

I own my own business and I can tell you I get complaints every day. Some are valid and some arenít. However each one is treated with the upmost respect and attention. I never claim we are always right. In fact even when I know the customer is incorrect I still go the extra mile to make sure they are happy. Maybe you should take the same approach.

If I owned a shop and someone brought in a bike to me.. I certainly wouldnít have kept it for 2 months and send it back in the condition it seems to be in. Missing a bolt or hanging wires. Take some pride in your work and go the extra mile for the people that put food on your plate.

I brought my bike into Motorcycles Unlimited to get some new levers put on and they topped off my brake fluid, tightened my chain, and checked my tire pressure all without me having to ask. Thatís going the extra mile. I would be embarrassed to have a bike leave my shop in that condition.

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #63
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6
I mean come on, Did you think that if you got enough supportive posts that the "Internet Police" would make the "Mean Old Mechanic" play nice and fix your bike for free?

Thanks for you advice... Wow.. took you that long to get to the point. Congradulations... you've just answered a question.

Sorry i'm not as smart as you and would like others input before jumping off into a situation i've never been in before. I've got nothing else to say to you. Good Day.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #64
Lunchbox6

Congratulations to me Indeed Sir!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #65
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan
Kh my advice would be to take it to Motorcycles Unlimited. I know you already spent time and money into this but I would take it to Patrick tell him what happened and see if he can cut you a deal.

I donít even know you and I feel like helping you out. Seems the dude that posted here from the shop might need a few lessons on being professional. Every business has people complaining about the service they received however reacting in such a manner is horrible business. IMO he should have apologized for the misunderstanding and asked you to bring it back in and go over everything and see if they might have been at fault for something.. Instead of taking the "we didnít do anything wrong" attitude".

I own my own business and I can tell you I get complaints every day. Some are valid and some arenít. However each one is treated with the upmost respect and attention. I never claim we are always right. In fact even when I know the customer is incorrect I still go the extra mile to make sure they are happy. Maybe you should take the same approach.

If I owned a shop and someone brought in a bike to me.. I certainly wouldnít have kept it for 2 months and send it back in the condition it seems to be in. Missing a bolt or hanging wires. Take some pride in your work and go the extra mile for the people that put food on your plate.

I brought my bike into Motorcycles Unlimited to get some new levers put on and they topped off my brake fluid, tightened my chain, and checked my tire pressure all without me having to ask. Thatís going the extra mile. I would be embarrassed to have a bike leave my shop in that condition.
I think thats probably the best corse of action. I do not want to have to get into a legal battle and drag this out... I also am not looking for a deal.. i just want a running bike. Thats all i've wanted from the beginning. I appreciate that advice and wish most people could understand the same thought process.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #66
Lunchbox6

How Old are you?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #67
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Congratulations to me Indeed Sir!
Dude no disrespect.. But stfu and go away. Youíre annoying as all .

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #68
ratmzapa

Member Garage

LMAO
Old 06-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #69
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

If he is where his avatar says, then he is just bored to death!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #70
Lunchbox6

Yea, so you STFU.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #71
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

+1
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #72
Lunchbox6

You should really quit telling this guy you "feel" for him. This funking pity party for him is making me wanna hurl. He comes here looking for advice on a simple problem and then posts not only pictures but sounds. WTF! If he couldnt come up with the simple answers given to him he shouldnt be on the road, because he doesnt have the simple mental skills to tackle the tough thought processes required to change lanes and not run into stationary vehicles. How hard is it to figure out when someone does something you dont like you either confront them and fix it, get a lawyer, or just STFU and go on with your life.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #73
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
You should really quit telling this guy you "feel" for him. This funking pity party for him is making me wanna hurl. He comes here looking for advice on a simple problem and then posts not only pictures but sounds. WTF! If he couldnt come up with the simple answers given to him he shouldnt be on the road, because he doesnt have the simple mental skills to tackle the tough thought processes required to change lanes and not run into stationary vehicles. How hard is it to figure out when someone does something you dont like you either confront them and fix it, get a lawyer, or just STFU and go on with your life.

Glad to see you care. what i may think is smart may not be the best course of action. Plus... making sure EVERYONE knows what happed with this particular incident IS benificial to the whole community. Keeps someone else from getting shafted. This is my first bike to own and it IS a learning process but you come down on me for asking advice and posting the FACTS about what happened. I'm not going to just make empty accusations and have nothing to back them up with. Are you twelve and just looking for an argument? Seriously.. if you don't like the thread... GTFO. Noone is forcing you to read it but you are. You obviously are interested in what people have to say on this issue or you wouldn't post here.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #74
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
+123456789
Old 06-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #75
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

crib notes....

"newb" goes out and buys first bike, used (13 years old), with no knowledge of what to look for, doesn't take anyone along to check it out.

Doesn't take it to a reputable shop, to verify it's condition

bike goes ker-plowie

Seller offers to make good, even tho 99% of used vehicles are sold "as-is, buyer beware" :notworthy

Seller takes to shop of his choice, to try and save everyone involved some benji's

shop does engine work, at a loosing price, but takes seemingly forever

bike is picked up (accepted) by owner, with numerous problems that didn't exist prior (according to buyer, still waiting on seller to chime in) :confused2

So now, it sits dead or dying. Both parties are at the "your word against mine" point.

What to do, what to do...... :BangHead:
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #76
paniro187

i think those problems existed before. I refuse to believe a shop would put that long of a bolt back in a clutch lever. and some of that other stuff. I think all that stuff was wrong the shop told him but he only wanted the bottom end built. and that's it.

the way to right the wrong now is for the new guy to go into ronayers.com and look at the various bolts and washers he needs and buy them. as far as the engine lower end build i would have searched ebay or the zx7r message board for a replacement motor. you probably could have gotten a zx7rr motor for what you paid for that one to get fixed. i don't think the shop shagged him i think he got EXACTLY what he paid for and nothing else. I would have noted all that and then had him sign as proff that he knew all that was wrong (no matter how small.) and yes it can take a month or so to get some of those parts you need to build a bottom end especially on a older bike. remember this is not a common repair like valve shims and stuff or even valves for that matter this is a MAJOR engine problem.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #77
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

If this is a brandon from laport off of 146 I think he buy's mostly junk, or stunted bike's and try's to clean them and sell them as clean bike's.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #78
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

another solution... do some research, ask lots of questions, and learn to do it yourself... after all, isn't the only way to do it right is to do it yourself?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #79
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i
If this is a brandon from laport off of 146 I think he buy's mostly junk, or stunted bike's and try's to clean them and sell them as clean bike's.
From what i gather its not Brandon it Todd from Northwest cycles that did this work. Brandon sold him the bike but Todd is the one responsible for What this threads about.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #80
infidel
drpickles

Trackdays: 10+

But i don't think Todd would do all the $hit this guys said . i from i know of brandon i wouldn't think he would either.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement