MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #41
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
have you tried to contact the guy who sold it to you? what does he have to say about all this? sounds like he has more money into the repairs than you do, i think he would be .
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK, f* ck Candy Crush Saga! eltejano Off Topic 38 05-24-2013 07:14 PM
GTR saga... SexualChocolate Car Forum 21 08-11-2011 08:22 AM
The BiPOLAR Saga FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 03-31-2009 11:25 AM
More myspace saga... dbuck Off Topic 5 05-15-2008 06:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #42
Runner

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
SOLD

Here try this link you can a complete enging for the price you paid to have it repaired

http://www.motoconnection.com/
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #43
Lunchbox6

You should sell it to someone even dumber than yourself and call it a day.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #44
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Im with Chris on this one, it may be time to part ways with this one.
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #45
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

^That sounded retarded, but the lack of an edit button will keep it that way
You will be missed.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #46
Lunchbox6

what happened to the edit button?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #47
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox6
what happened to the edit button?
I think a few retarded people screwed it up for everybody.
You will be missed.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #48
Lunchbox6

Ohh, I see.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #49
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"Noone in their right mind would ever half a job on a motorcycle and hope for the best. It's Deadly. That was the main reason i did not even attempt to ride it home. "

You actually considered riding that home in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops?

No i didn't consider riding it home in what i was wearing.. thats why i wore it and brought a truck.

You people are missing the entire point of the story. This bike had one issue from the get go other than being old.. From what i was told by Todd when it went into the shop was that it had spun a bearing. He suspected that the mechanic prior to him who overhauled the engine (less than 2,000 miles when i bought it) had put the wrong sized bearings back in the motor and that was the cause of the spun bearing. The only other thing was that the carb was dirty from sitting for months before being sold. There were no other issues with the bike. No electrical problems, No wires hanging loose, the clutch worked perfect. Now when i get it back from a shop that was supposed to fix the lower engine at a decent price it has more issues than just a carb and lower engine issues.

@the comment "your back on the road"... This bike will not go back on the road at this point in time. You try to ride a bike with no clutch, no headlights, no temp gauge and still has a knocking in the engine. I'll be damned if i take my life and stick it on that deathtrap.

Quote:
05-06-2007, 01:25 AM
TLLuvr

Bike: A few of them Re: ETA on a finish date?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLuvr
Quote:
Todd,

Man it's really starting to drag on. Is there any kind of ETA on when the bike is going to be fixed? I've spoken to you associate but he does not have any idea about what is going on or if the part is being shipped or not. I also have another bike i want to drop off when this is finished but i have yet to find out when this one will be finished. Please let me know. Thanks.

The crank shipped last week so we should have it today or tomorrow. I expected it Friday.

After we recieve the crank it will only be a couple of days. So it should be done this week. Its just out of my hands until I recieve the parts. I will let you know.

We were really busy last week moving so I didn't have a chance to call you.

Appreciate the reply. Didn't know you had moved (or were moving). Hey... my ol' man is wanting to drop off a Honda Shadow 600 cuz he thinks the float is stuck. Do you think it will be possible to meet up with you maybe on a weekend so we could drop on off and pic the other up? I don't know if your in the shop on the weekends is the reason i ask.

I talked to falicon and got the tracking # and the crank should be in Mon. It will probably still be another week before your on the road because once the crank comes in I have to measure the rod clearance to order the proper bearing size.

Sorry its taking so long and I appreciate your patience. But it will be tip top when its complete and I know that is what we both want. You will be happy when you get it back.

If you would like to install the big bore give me a call Mon and we can work out the price and we can still have it complete in the same time frame.

Thanks,

^^^^ This was a pm that went back and forth last month when it was "supposed" to be done.

Quote:
03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Killing Hours
Poor boy

Bike: 94' zx7
Re: Some ears on that dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLuvr
I will be starting on your bike first thing in the morning. Did you remove the carburators to clean them?

What else have you done? Just trying to get an idea of what could have happened. If you could just give me a little run down on what happened when it started making the noise.

Its no big deal I will figure it out tomorrow regardless. I have not started it but I am hoping for the best. I have owned four of these zx7s I absolutely loved them and the motors were nearly bullet proof.

I abused my bikes very badly and never hurt a motor now I did tear up some transmissions. Its not impossible just hard to do if you have oil in them.

These bikes were light years ahead of there time.

If the motor is bad you can fit a zx9 engine in the frame with minor modifications and I think I know a guy that has one.

The only thing that has me worried is that Brandon said the motor was just rebuilt if that is the case it could be a mistake the previous mechanic made not torquing a rod proerly etc.

Like I said Brandon is a good guy I send him lots of business because he is honest so you lucked out with him. Most guys would have told you its your problem now. Justglad you two were able to work this out.

Hope I didn't worry you more I just wanted to share my thoughts on what it could be.

You can reach me at (713)957-9922 9am-6pm

No prob man... I didn't take the carbs off because my brother said it probably wasn't necesary just yet. Just to check and make sure that the carbs didn't have anything in the throats that looked bad and more than likely it was a mis-fire on the sparks plugs or bad gas. I emptied the gas tank and refilled it with fresh gas. It seemed to start and run much smoother but the ticking noise had been there from the time i drove it off the lot until it went out. When i left the lot it had to be at high rpms (2000+) to keep the motor running so the tapping wasn't really noticible but when i got it home and tried to let it idle i noticed it right off the bat. When it went down to around 1500 rpms you could here a knocking (which sounded like it was on one of the right side cyclinders) that got pretty intense. I thought it was cuz the bike was idling ruff at those low rpms. It didn't run again until i took it for a test ride the following morning. Thats when it broke down. On the test ride it seemed like the bike had lost power and the knocking was got more intense... but on the last seconds... i heard what sounded like a piston being knocked around inside the block... thats when i cut the engine of and immediatly clutched to a stop. I didn't want to destroy anything else more than it already was.
This was a pm when it first broke down and I listed everything that was wrong with it. Notice that there is nothing about a clutch, lights or temp gauge anywhere in this. I would definately mentioned that if that were the case. Not to mention i would have never bought a bike that didn't have working lights, temp gauge or clutch.

It's not that these things arn't hard to do and could be done at home... but it was put in a shop to be fixed and payed for to be fixed... not sent back with more issues. Also not to mention the engine still knocks.

Don't believe it's still knocking?.... hear it for yourself.

Click HERE to listen.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #50
Lunchbox6

Holy , I dont care.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #51
Lunchbox6

Just morbid curiosity, what did you hope to accomplish with this thread?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #52
infidel
drpickles

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Sorry to here that man. maybe you should have took it to a more reputable shop or to someone that knew what the they were doing.
infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #53
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:

Simple mindless people like yourself couldn't quite understand the concept of LETTING EVERYONE KNOW when you get ripped off and shafted. By all means... take your bike there and have them do the same thing to you. I bet you just let everyone walk all over you huh? If you don't care... quit posting and go back to watching Dragonball Z and playing with your pogs.

@ the other comment... I didn't make the choice to take it to this shop.. i would have taken it to M.U. had i made the decision but Brandon was a man about the situation and chose this shop because he does quite a bit business with them and tried to keep me from having to make all the arrangements to have it fixed. He felt somewhat responsible for selling a bad bike and tried to correct the situation. Little did we both know.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #54
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Perhaps reading the first post clearly you would of known the answer to your question eh?

Quote:
So i ask you people.... if you were in my shoes and had just shelled out the money to have a "supposedly" simple issue fixed but got your bike back completely destroyed... what would you do? I'll leave you with that.

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #55
Lunchbox6

Seems like he bought a bike and just wants to and moan about it.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #56
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan
Perhaps reading the first post clearly you would of known the answer to your question eh?
Thank you. Some people just jump to say w/e they feel like without understaning everything.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #57
Lunchbox6

All I am saying is this,
You bought a bike of questionable origin.
With a Sketchy at best maintenance history.
Its 13 years old.
You took it to a mechanic whom you obviously dont trust.

And now you are wondering where you might have strayed from the path of good judgement?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #58
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Seems like he bought a bike and just wants to and moan about it.

You right.. i did apparently by a bike.. Noone can dispute that. But the point, since i've got to break this down barney style for the children, is that you don't put a bike into a shop to get it fixed only to get it back in worse condition than it was to begin with. Money may be plentyful in your world... but thats not the case for everyone. If you spend the money to have something fixed.. you expect that it's going to be fixed.

I asked to find out what you people would do in my situation and from your stand point... i guess anytime someone rips someone off... they should just say " well.. guess i got screwned and oh well".
Old 06-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #59
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
All I am saying is this,
You bought a bike of questionable origin.
With a Sketchy at best maintenance history.
Its 13 years old.
You took it to a mechanic whom you obviously dont trust.

And now you are wondering where you might have strayed from the path of good judgement?

You obviously don't know the whole story. Go back and read the previous parts of this never ending story.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #60
Lunchbox6

Quote:
You right.. i did apparently by a bike.. Noone can dispute that. But the point, since i've got to break this down barney style for the children, is that you don't put a bike into a shop to get it fixed only to get it back in worse condition than it was to begin with. Money may be plentyful in your world... but thats not the case for everyone. If you spend the money to have something fixed.. you expect that it's going to be fixed.

I asked to find out what you people would do in my situation and from your stand point... i guess anytime someone rips someone off... they should just say " well.. guess i got screwned and oh well".

What the kinda advice are you looking for? Shoot the guy! You seem to have 2 choices if you cant work this out with the shop you took it to.

1. Get a lawyer and try you luck in court.
Or
2. STFU and just take this as a life lesson.

Advertisement