Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 03:13 AM   #21
TLLuvr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A few of them

There is definently more to this story.

You motor was trash. You had two spun rod bearings, a bent rod, and your crank was nearly destroyed. You couldn't even ride the bike. Now your engine is repaired so how did you get from bad to worse?

I reccommended many other repairs but all you wanted was the lower end repaired. You paid to have your crank repaired, and new bearings put in the lower end. You would not even let me put in new rings which I strongly suggested since the motor was apart.

You did not pay to have this bike fixed all we did was patch up the engine so you could get back on the road. The rest of the bike is exactly the same as it was when I got it. How do these melted connectors relate to what we did to your engine?

As a favor to Brandon, since we do alot of business together and you bought the bike from him, I agreed to this job for $1200 parts and labor since Brandon was paying $800 and you were paying the other $400. $1200 is about what I would normally charge for the labor on this job.

I screwed up on the estimate badly it cost me $400 to have the three crank journals repaired, $200 for a complete gasket set, another $390 for the rod and main bearings, and maybe another $100 for plugs, oil and filter antifreeze, etc.

That is basically $1000 worth of parts my cost, after I paid my mechanic it cost me $200 to fix your engine.

I'm not gonna lie if you hadn't been rude to everyone of my employees and threatened Brandon I probably would have replaced some of the bolts your bike was missing but how much do I have to tolerate? I already spent $200 out of my pocket to get you back on the road.

As far as this bike being a lemon I doubt that was the case it was more likely the 9.5 qts of oil that was in the engine when it was brought to my shop which filled the cylinders and caused the rod to bend and destroy the bottom end, I guess we can play Nancy Drew and figure that one out too.

First the dealer ripped you off now the shop ripped you off now come on.

The bottom line is you got the work you paid for and it was done properly and we would have happily fixed the rest if you had let us.

Everyone else I apologize about the rant and this is the last time I will address this subject hope I didn't forget anything.
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK, f* ck Candy Crush Saga! eltejano Off Topic 38 05-24-2013 07:14 PM
GTR saga... SexualChocolate Car Forum 21 08-11-2011 08:22 AM
The BiPOLAR Saga FastLine Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 03-31-2009 11:25 AM
More myspace saga... dbuck Off Topic 5 05-15-2008 06:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2007, 04:20 AM   #22
DLunsford21
Go Fast Or Go Home

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha 600r -STOLEN-

Send a message via AIM to DLunsford21
hmmm

R.I.P. Brother, You'll Forever Be Apart Of Us All
DLunsford21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 AM   #23
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Interesting read from both parties.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #24
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

At this point I would drop back 20, and be happy it runs. Then pick up a Clymers manual and start tracing wires.
The clutch could be a multitude of things, may just need bled or the rod on slave cylinder is not in right.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #25
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

you should have never taken possesion of the bike from them.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #26
BrutusTx

Member Garage

As was said earlier............3 sides to every story.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #27
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
As was said earlier............3 sides to every story.
yep, 2 and then the truth. Now we just need the truth:laughing6
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #28
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

The truth is, the Flux Capacitor needs to be replaced, and all will be well again!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #29
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/

Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold

how much did you originally pay for the bike? :confused1
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #30
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
The truth is, the Flux Capacitor needs to be replaced, and all will be well again!

Thats what I was thinkin' :icon_bigg

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #31
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

LOL@ TTLvr... Todd.. you well the lights worked, the clutch worked and that the ONLY issue you ever relayed to me was that the bearings and rods where messed up. Now... your just showing your TRUE colors.

If there was more messed up to it then why was i never informed? I called on multiple occasions to figure out what was wrong with this bike and told you i wanted it done CORRECTlY. Noone in their right mind would ever half a job on a motorcycle and hope for the best. It's Deadly. That was the main reason i did not even attempt to ride it home.

I see you dodged some of the complaints because the truth would hurt you way much more than you can imagine.

How could the clutch have worked before and not now? Did 9.5 qts or oil flood it and mess it up?

why are the lights not working now? Did they just stop working cuz of the oil in the engine?

You wanted to sell me newer oversized pistons but that doesn't mean that you "tried" to suggest new rings.

As for treating your employee's bad and threating brandon... that just goes to show why my suspisions are correct. You deliberately destroyed my bike because you felt the pressure mounting. You continuelly pushed back the due date on the bike and after 2 1/2 months i wanted to know what was going on with my bike. It was always a "Todd's not here" or "i don't know" from your associate that was "supposedly" working on the bike. If you plan to run a business.. then you will have to understand that when a job is being performed and you have someones property... they want to know the progress and that the work is being done.

I never once threatened Brandon... in fact.. i've worked extremely hard to get along with him because of this. It was a raw deal from the beginning but i had to give him the benifit of the doubt that he had no knowledge of this issues with the bike and move forward. You just showed that your angry and upset that i stayed on top of the ball and didn't let my "p.o.s." bike sit in the shop for the next umpteen months.

You see... i have no reason to lie.. all i've wanted from this whole thing... from the beginning is to have a running bike that i can ride. But you destroyed it WORSE now and because of it i would second guess any work that you've done to it. You obviously don't know how to put a bike together OR you deliberately did this on purpose. I believe the latter of the two because you felt "pressure" not threatened.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #32
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

do you know anything about bikes^^^???
Old 06-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #33
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

I had a shop tell me that I spun a rod bearing and it ended up just being a few broken clutch plates.....
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #34
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

I say the wiring and clutch should be easy enough work to do at home. Lower engine work, not so easy. Bad to worse is a bad description. At least your on the road, do the research on repairs and trust your own work on the simple stuff. A bike is basically a frame two wheels handle bars and a motor, sounds like you got that much already. Just do the last bit of work yourself and save someone else the headache. Yes, it does suck that you got a bike with so many problems... But it is the responsibility of the buyer to have it looked over at a reputable shop before buying it. BTW $1200 for lower engine work is a great deal, especially since you only had to pay $400. No offense but you are only paying for the mistake of buying an older abused badly maintained cycle. Take your fairings off, if you still need help with working on it I may offer up my services (I know electronics well).
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #35
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Noone in their right mind would ever half a job on a motorcycle and hope for the best. It's Deadly. That was the main reason i did not even attempt to ride it home. "

You actually considered riding that home in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #36
Lunchbox6

Something seems a bit fishy about all of this.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:21 PM   #37
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

It is the usual he said - she said. Without showing pics of the bike before it went in, or being the proverbial "fly on the wall", who knows.

That's the best part of the web, you can air all your dirty laundry if you want.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #38
Lunchbox6

I take my laundry to the KBR place on the FOB. They clean it and fold it in 24 hours. Its nice.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #39
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Lunchbox,, hit me a in PM's long time dude.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #40
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
to KH:

damnz. i know this has to be so dissapointing and frustrating for you. all this BS and i know you just want to go for a ride and have fun.

as much as this might suck, imo, i would just wash my hands of that bike, and get something else. i know it sucks to be out that much, but i suspect the saga with this bike isnt going to stop, go get one that isnt cursed.

Advertisement